Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#391   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-23, 17:52

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey all!

Another day done and served!

I of course am not going to tell you how TIRED am! You already know. I am too OLD to be schlepping up and down these hallways and everywhere in-between.

Nic- Such good news about DS24!!!! His life about to take off and fast! We are all excited to see where he ends up! It will be a great fit I am sure! keep us posted.

Boy I can sure relate to car issue! URGHHHHHHH I am SHOCKED though that a referral of a FRIEND and this dude is ghosting you! OMG - is he so dumb to think nobody talks? WOW bad karma! I sure hope you get that worked out. What a headache.

Sorry hubby had an emergency- line of work I guess! How long are you staying? I so love you have that house and I hope it serves you many many years to come! It's a perfect little get away- and it's YOURS!

Trig
- You eat whatever little meat your tummy wants. Bacon and pot roast! Doesn't get petter! Glad ya'll are on the mend.

Yeah- we didn't get any "weather" here either. Just damp and cloudy all day- nothing big.

Lori- - how was the trip with "Chatty Kathy is morning?" LOLOLOLOLOL OMG that would drive me nuts. Non-stop talking.

I have a lady who sits beside me that is starting to drive me NUTS- she is going a bit deaf......... So she ups her volume, and the ENTIRE OFFICE can hear her when she is on the phone. It drives me nuts. Just very loud...... then she puts on earphones and sings!!!!!!!! OMG. Yea so I sure get needing PLEASE SHUT UP.

Did you go out for lunch afterwards?

Did you get your ham and beans made? Wow you do cook alot!
Enjoy the upcoming beef and noodle soup! I was thinking about beef and noodles today actually. Although I use the egg wraps and make them "noodles"

ALL- got to chill my eyeballs hurt-

Later
Sponsored Links
  #392   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-23, 04:41

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Ready to get this morning over with. Meeting "M" at Betty's at 10.....never know what we're going to run into, but thank God for "M". We are having a bit of a problem convincing Betty that she needs to keep taking her Lasix for fluid build up. Her nurse told her to take it every other day, but she thinks that was short term and that she can stop now. Sigh.....round and round we go. She hates taking it because she's always wet....I'm sure that's miserable since she's totally incontinent. I have to have a little discussion with her this morning and try to get her to understand that it's a long term medication. If she stops, the fluid will just start building up again.

Surprisingly, DH was not in a big talking mood on our drive to the Derm yesterday. Whew! Sometimes he gets on a roll with the potential sale of Betty's house etc. I try to let him go as I know he needs to get it out.....this whole situation is wearing on both of us. Her physical situation, financial situation and the huge house and all the work we'll have to do when it's sold.....it's a bit overwhelming. Speaking of yacking.....I went on and on there, didn't I?

-----------

Nic.....Sorry DH can't join you in DE, but I know you'll enjoy your alone time. Any neighborhood events happening this week?

Jaz.....I can't imagine how tired you are after running from one thing to another all day! Did you get some things ready for the big move on Sunday?

Trig.....How was the bacon yesterday? I'm going to make some today and will probably have it for lunch.

-----------

Deep freeze today, tonight & tomorrow but then back up to near 50 on Sunday! A few days next week look like near 50.....I'm thinking to get outside for some walking and fresh air. I think it'll be good for me in lots of ways.

Hope your Friday is a good one!
  #393   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-23, 05:13

BF:

Hey all see email-

Working to flush this salt. No bacon for a few days for me, or ham, or sausage.

Gotta run- my email to you all is long.

Later gators.
  #394   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-23, 05:13

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori.....the 'yacker' you had me laughing on that but yea when the men gotta spew a bit they are stressed and do need to let it out and I get you guys having big stress over all this. Hold strong!!

We also got the cold snap coming too. bleck.

Nicco. DS24 and so many options. So cool. I asked kiddo what other colleges she apply for and she said none. I said I thought Duke and another and she said, no, only if she didn't get into Western which she did fast of course...ugh. But she said she has no interest in any other college so? whatever LOL

Cranky....well yea. I got 'hit a few times' on 'someone recommended' and got nailed or not satisfied like that. I feel for ya. Stuck kinda aren't you? Just ride it thru and if you ever get an out in any way, and your advanced money spent ok in some way, run LOL go to a real repair shop. But yea, I got taken like that, but hey it might work out well but for me I am like you. I want the work done NOW and on time and handled fast. When a 'side job' nothing gets handled fast. Must be driving ya bonkers but might still be ok outcome maybe? wishing it the best way.

Jaz, you are moving a load or 2 today. Let us know. Safe moving

---------------------no food focus at all. ate 1/2 lb. bacon yesterday. cooked 1 lb. of chuck roast to nice tenderness but only ate 1/2 lb. No food is calling to me at all. Huh.

finish my shop yesterday and checking out the heart palps kicked in. got home and licked salt, drank water, felt better pretty fast so that is good. haven't had these in a while and right now they are showing up a bit. bleck

got bacon and rest of chuck to eat today. I mean I feel ok. Feel like 'something is changing' ya know. Like my eating pattern or amt I eat or ? is flipping around. No idea on it, will ride it out and see where I land.

might be I am so sluggy in winter and just am not moving as much and the body really doesn't need the food intake? again, no idea LOL

just rolling along. wondering what is doing. be good all
  #395   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-23, 06:09

BF:

Trig....on the heart palps and feeling "off". Have you ever taken electrolytes? It's amazing how they can make you feel SO much better if that's what you're needing. I like lmnt brand (drinklmnt.com) They have flavored and unflavored packs that you dump in a bottle of water. I think I'll have one today as I'm feeling tired. I use them quite a bit in the summer when I'm out in the heat playing golf for 4 hours. Makes a difference and they don't have added sugar or anything.
  #396   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-23, 07:22

BF:

Lori hard no for me. I don't 'do supps' in any way

don't have cramp issues so don't need mag etc. as others might and my potass. and salt I handle thru meals.

I think right now, with the 'bathroom gut issue' on whatever got me has knocked levels off' cause I am just not eating alot at all.

I can fix it all if I just eat a bit I and make sure I do just that.
NOW I GOT a focus on it.

like I thought today would be that bacon first but now I don't want bacon. I think I will fry up 3 small patties of sausage I kinda do want more.

very strange time. It is like the entire body.....thru the bathroom/gut issue? or whatever is wanting to flip me around?

so it might be sausage and leftover chuck roast. won't be alot of food intake but I know one thing I will salt up the chuck but if I 'feel off' the salt and water is working very well very fast for me.

I am just a person now who is so simple in approach that I know it is less food intake that truly is flipping me a bit.....but I think too that all will 'pan' out ya know sooner than later.

hey if I stay lower food intake then that what it is and I will be sure to make sure 'I do eat' ya know LOL

glad to know ya do good on them and that makes me more secure in if I need them down the line, you are good with it so it makes me easier to think about incorporating if required! while I said hard no above, hey if life changes too much on food etc and heat stress and more I would definitely reconsider them for sure I mean I ain't dumb enough to not take something if it works but right now I feel like I don't need anything extra, just gotta work thru this weirdo time on eating ya know. Thanks for that info!
  #397   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-23, 12:56

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Jaz- Sending huge hugs your way. And then one more for good measure. I responded to your email.

Lori- I am sure the situation is wearing on both of you- Betty in general, Betty's house- it is a lot. And it is overwhelming and exhausting on you both. Big hugs to you too!

Trig- take care of you. Make sure your blood pressure is doing okay, not going too low. Electrolytes and the like. If you are concerned at all, go get checked. Ya know? You don't want to let things go for long so just keep an eye on it. May not be anything. Just Momming you.

OK I now see Lori mentioned electrolytes already. Forget it.

I guess the kid figured she found a school she liked and knew she would get in, so why do the extra work? I think that sorta sounds like the way you are- no need for unnecessary bullshit. Right?

Cold cold cold out and windy as heck. I'm going to a matinee today at the local one screen theater and that will probably be my activity of the whole weekend. It is too cold to do anything outdoors.

The rogue mechanic- we had the car towed (thanks AAA- added T to the membership when he had his accident and have used the towing twice so it has paid for itself) to OUR local mechanic's shop so it will cost more but it will also get done. Meanwhile, we get the money back or we don't. I'd like to, obviously, but if we don't then we just learned a lesson. We are okay financially so it is more bruised ego and pride than utter necessity.

Not much else going on- looking into Ireland stuff, looking into London stuff, and now possibly looking into IA/KS/OK trip if I'm going to see my nephew in his musical, then I'll knock out those two states. But dang that is a lot in the next few months so maybe not. We'll see.
  #398   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-23, 17:28

BF:

Hey ladies!

Personals tomorrow when I post normal!!! _ I in and packing - I need to go and start pulling stuff from upstairs down stairs. into the back hallway near the back door, So Sunday I just put it all in my car. Going to pack up kitchen tonight- that will take a minute. My kitchen box!

Checking in- I will tomorrow am and pm.

See ya tomorrow with normal post

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Feb-03-23 at 20:06.
  #399   ^
Old Sat, Feb-04-23, 05:17

BF:

Good Morning-
Quick check in as I seem to always be running this week! I can't wait for NEXT weekend! I get two days off in a row. Yoo HOOO!

I "feel" thinner today- or at least at my low. No water weight to drag around!

I tell I am ready for some beach time!

Gotta get to work! Seriously on a Saturday!

When I get settled into my new digs- I am going to take a minute and look through the different meet ups in my area and see what people are doing for fun! I would love to meet some DECENT people.

Have a great day! Personals coming- I get a pass for the next 24 hours. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
  #400   ^
Old Sat, Feb-04-23, 05:33

BF:

Nicco, ohhh those trips are sounding so nice. london and ireland and the states, oh my. I get overwhelmed too when I book too many rv trips so close. I stopped doing that cause dang in the end it feels more like a nightmare.

So glad ya got the car towed to a 'real mechanic repair service' NOW YOU KNOW it will be done hope some bucks come back but if not like ya said, lesson learned, never doing that crap again. Oh yea I got hit like that a few small times, never again for me LOL Plus get the car fixed and DONE. Nothing worse than that stuff looming to 'be done'....get'er done and over is better

Lori and Jazz!!

-------nothing doing today. hubby to work. I do have to make sure I get kiddo driving somewhere today. She has 0 interest in driving her car. But I do wanna get some road time for her to learn but darn she is a great driver but needs drive time ya know. So I think I will force her out and about somewhere today. We shall see.

guts have come around which is good. not eating alot but feel better. So today is whatever day.

cold temps on us. Brrrr. truly despise it all. early early spring MUST come sooner than later now.

be good all
  #401   ^
Old Sat, Feb-04-23, 07:25

BF:

Good Morning!

Brrrr......8 degrees this morning. Sun is shining, but geez it's cold! They are having the annual ice festival in our town this weekend. Yesterday the ice carvings were set up throughout the town in front of some of the stores. The stores pay several hundred dollars to have the sculpture in front of their establishment in the hopes that it will draw customers in. They have all kinds of things going on in town....wine tastings, chocolate festival, 5k run(The Frosty 5k) and a polar plunge into the icy waters of the river! ACK!!!!! No thank you! I'll stay right here in my warm house.

I did our taxes yesterday and submitted them. We're getting quite a bit of money back. Next year I'm going to adjust my withholding so that I'm not giving the government so much during the year. DH likes getting money back, but why give it to the gov when it could be earning us interest? I wasn't sure how things would play out this year since we withdrew a pretty big chunk from my IRA to give to our DD for the down payment on this house. All worked out fine. Glad taxes are done for another year. Now to wait for the refund!

Today I'm making beef & noodles for Betty and also my old fashioned beef noodle soup for DH for dinner. I was going to do that yesterday, but after doing the taxes etc, I just gave him leftovers for dinner.

Well, guess I'll get cooking. I'll make Betty's stuff now and then DH's soup this afternoon. Oh.....have to do some bacon in the oven too.

Later!
  #402   ^
Old Sat, Feb-04-23, 10:49

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Ho, Ladies!

Jaz I didn't realize you were working today. I hope it goes quickly and well!

Trig It is so interesting to me in general how many kids aren't interested in learning to drive now. I could not WAIT to get the freedom, go hang out with my friends etc. I think social media in part scratches that itch for them or something. I literally got my license the very first day that I could.

Lori It is nice to get that check back from the government until yeah, we realize that money could have been invested or something. We used to do that cash back and now we pay instead, which is very very sad when everyone else is getting their checks, it feels like!

Cold today for sure but not nearly as bad as yesterday when it was so windy. Today is cold and sunny. I still had my balaclava and heated gloves on though!

I've had 4 pieces of bacon so far today. Crab legs when I get hungry and then if I eat again later just something leftover in the fridge, maybe a chicken thigh and some squash.

I never did go to the store like I had planned to this trip- just been eating what I brought and prepared. It has been just fine!

Make it a great day!
  #403   ^
Old Sat, Feb-04-23, 17:07

BF:

Back now from work for the man!

Eating some leftover rotisserie chicken. It is "my" version of fast food. There are worse things to grab.

Trig- I agree it is puzzling why the kiddo doesn't care about driving! She has your MIL SUV as well too??? Goodness how things are so different for kids these days!

I am so ready for Spring too! Glad your gut feeling better!
Did I tell you I saw a guy out on the beach last week with his metal finder? So me being as "shy" as I am I go right up to him and ask him what he finds. He was older, friendly and said rings, nickels, dimes, and junk. His biggest find was a back of buffalo nickels. He said he has been treasure hunting for 30 years!

Did you say you got a new one?

Lori- Yum and yummy on beef anything. I bet your house smells wonderful on a cold day! All that beef simmering!

OMG it is so cold up there! I know you are pining for Spring!

Nic- I forgot you are doing London and Irland! Holy Moly how wonderful is that?!?!?!?!?! I mean seriously- those are dream vacay bucket list items! I would love to take a month and just travel Europe and eat my way through it all! LOLOLOLOL YES PLEASE - no carb counting at all- BRING IT. Who could not have pasta in Italy, Beer in Germany, Benet in France, Wine in London! BRING it. But you know they eat small plates and walk alot!
They do not eat to a carb coma and collapse on a couch. LOLOLOL

How long are you in DE? You know to BRING your food is SO smart! Plus I'm sure it tastes better!
I still have crab legs from Christmas I need to eat! I have about 3 pounds left. I might gut them and make crab cakes.

What good stuff are you reading these days?
-----------------------------------------------------------

I am feeling good about my move tomorrow. Almost ready. I am sure it will be a 2 trip event. I will Leave Rugar here to get keys and talk business and then come back for him, my stuff in refrigerator and shells I have stacked up. Yup two trips. Then I will spend afternoon unpacking and making the place "mine" as I will be there until mid June! 5 months. It seems like a long time but truly not really. Look how fast these months are flying!

I got though today, and my pager was still ringing as I was walking out. I turned it off and walked out. I figured whatever it was about was not a life-or-death deal. If it was, they are in the right place. I was done and don't care, if they want 24hour coverage they need to hire. My time was up- I also got a page after I was home- I even had the pager off so not sure how it got through. I never answered, it wasn't something that couldn't wait until tomorrow.

So that is it for me- going to actually rest and watch a movie tonight and sleep in a bit then get right back to it. Tomorrow is another day!

It for me!
WOE- 100% - day by day trust me. some days are tougher than other! My cravings seemed to have come back....stress? Tired? Stress? Day by day and not giving in- today.

Later gators
  #404   ^
Old Sun, Feb-05-23, 06:29

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....I am on the edge of my seat until you tell us that you are officially in your new place and away from that nut job druggie next door! I can't wait to hear about your new place...I hope it's a dream as you've had enough nightmares!

----------

Did too much cooking yesterday....I'm over it! Today will be some easy deli items for DH for dinner. Hamburg BBQ, potato salad & baked beans. Done. I'll have some plain ground beef either on a salad or just in a bowl with a little salsa and sour cream. I'm going to Aldi this afternoon once it warms up outside, and may pick up a bag of chopped romaine to make a salad.

It's supposed to get up near 50 today! Woohoo!! I'm SO tired of being cold all the time. Not sure it's going to be very sunny today, but warmer air is much appreciated. I may even get out for a walk.....maybe. I could walk around town and look at the ice sculptures that were put in place on Friday.

Gabby wasn't deterred by me clapping at her at 4AM. She wasn't falling for that again! She ran out into the hallway, but was back in a matter of minutes. She wanted her breakfast! I'll have time for a nap today, so no biggie.

Have a good Sunday!
  #405   ^
Old Sun, Feb-05-23, 07:15

BF:

Well, move day is HERE and I am so ready to leave here.
I am on the edge of MY SEAT TOO! I am nervous about packing up my car and being in the open parking lot. How dam scary is that?

Add that to the ONLY place it is raining in the USA is right over Charleston!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!
I looked at the map and was like Karma sure thinks I pissed her off somewhere. I need to repent!!!!!!!!!

Showered up and having this last cup of coffee before I turn into the Tasmanian Devil! That is exactly what it will be. Once it begins not stopping still the car is full. I am loving the fact it is an SUV! But I am still going to make two trips due to pooch. I want to meet up with the new gal, dog free and not have to worry about him jumping all over the place. Plus, I still want to take all my stuff in the fridge, not wasting food these days.
Thankfully, it is off the same street 2 blocks over.

I slept well believe it or not.

Lori- An ICE fest in 50-degree weather?!?!?!? Wow it warmed up fast! I think it would be cool to see actually, and fun to get out.
I think cooking up a batch of something is so smart! Beef soup is so easy to reheat and eat! So is hamburger. I am sure Betty is loving her beef and noodles. Keeps her going. I am amazed at her longevity, despite everything.

Yup- I am sure the warm weather is a Spring tease! LOLOLOL

Trig/ Nic-

See ya ladies on the other side!.................
Closed Thread