Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 10:53
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I don't know what we plan to use for a rating system, but my personal rating is based on the question "Would I fix this again?" In this case, yes I will.

I don't know if this answers anything, but if Meigg posts her recipe as it's own thread, you can rate the recipe up to 5 stars. Down at the bottom right screen is a drop-down menu called "Rate this Thread". Once it's rated, you'll notice that the thread has Rating stars beside it.

Wanda
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 10:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/188/150 Female 66
BF:39
Progress: 16%

Where have I been. I have missed all the action. Does anyone have questions? Do I need to post the recipe someplace else - and how do I do it? Also, I have been surfing the internet for Mastercook software and can't find it anywhere. Can anyone direct me?

Let me know - thanks. And sorry for going AWOL!
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 12:26

Plan: South/Atkins/Ornish/etc.
Stats: 275/260/190 Male 5'10"
BF:lbs&in. first, ok?
Progress: 18%

We haven't "officially" started the recipe of the week forum yet, but I think we're close to it. One way or another, yours was definitely the first one out there, and thanks!

MasterCook can be found here, and since ValuSoft lowered the price to $9.99 it's within anyone's reach. (I got the Deluxe version and the Betty Crocker add-on. If anyone else gets both of them, PM me for the workaround to the bug preventing you from installing them both. )

Sierra still maintains the forum site for MasterCook users here. I've posted a couple times there about our humble forum.
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 16:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/176.5/145 Female 5 ' 5 "
BF:39%
Progress: 25%
Default Recipes

I also have Mastercook and would love to join in. I think it important that for those of us using Mastercook we have instructions on downloading and uploading posted somewhere for novices. I have a killer Mongolian beef recipe with just a few ingredients. Fast, easy and delicious! (Hope you like hot!

#35   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 00:09

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 200.6/156.8/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:Flabby
Progress: 54%

Hi Napali,

please post the mongolian beef recipe. I'm trying to do something else with beef besides pot roast.

Thx,
Andrea
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 12:27

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%

I also have Mastercook.

I have also posted some recipes to a website (although I haven't worked on it in a while), and plan to transfer a good quantity of them into Mastercook when I have the time.

Because I am moving in June/July, and will be without access to a computer for a while, I won't commit to anything of substance regarding promises of submitting recipes or whatever, but when I return/get settled, I'd like to be able to participate again.
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 17:29

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

I heard lots about Mastercook and would love to have it, but I am in the UK and since Sierra has sold this to Valu Soft, I can no longer purchase it.....

Does anyone know if there is a UK equivalent ?
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 18:26
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Does Master Cook have Low Carb recipes or does it at least list the carb counts in recipes?
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 13:29

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 200.6/156.8/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:Flabby
Progress: 54%

fluffybear...I downloaded some low carb recipes from a Master Cook website and they do have the nutritional info listed.