Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#781   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-20, 16:32

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good evening-

First and foremost I just want to tell you ladies how wonderful you all are. I each!!!!!!! Thank you!!!

TRIG- Wowsa on the kiddo falling behind. I truly thing that this last semester should be a wash. Come on- these kids are dealing with stress too and this time is unprecedented. I personally think they should take what they have and give them all A's. It's crap if you ask me.
But you are on her so be it........ It has to be that way until they decide otherwise. Momma bear.

I love you gave us a bet to watch..... Fence 2020

NIC- OMG I hate when I am up all night with a rolling belly. Miserable. Glad however you "worked it out!" ...... It could have been something you ate. But who knows. URGHHHHHH

I a glad you are feeling more adjusted to being home and happy. Anytime you feel the need to rebel - remember I would change places with you any day of the week!!!!
Hopefully, you can start pulling out back yard chairs and enjoy some outdoor time!

Lori- my jaw dropped open to read your post about the # of people with the virus there. OMG- we have 119 in my hospital alone. WOW- Good for you. You and Trig are in the awesome zone.
That should give you some comfort!!!!

Did you get out for your walk?

Blue-
- ok my friend time to post up.......... no pressure!
----------------------------------------------------
I put my baggage at the door, slipped off my shoes and had dinner with my DS. He called during my dinner and we chatted while we both ate.

Pup is not seriously wanting out for a walk. Then I am Netflixing.
Another round of big bad storms expected for tomorrow!

Ok- feet up!!!
Sponsored Links
  #782   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-20, 17:53

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:
Default I

Hi all

Jaz---Hugs flying on fast wings your way. As we have all said to a one here, no apologies, no feeling bad about venting here. You know, although it feels like you're alone, you are NOT Alone in your feelings as far as those on the front line go. I have seen many interviews w/health care providers who say there are days that they are at the edge of their limits.

I DO NOT understand your governor's choice. How can you cut someones hair or give them a tattoo or a massage from 6 feet away? Really?!?! Add to that that Georgia has had 20,740 confirmed cases, and as we all know, it likely a lot more than that. As compared to Minnesota's 2,721 cases, also much more than that have it but can't be tested. And we are still on shelter in place, and for me, happily so. Our governor is going to open landscape stores and golf courses with very strict measures/conditions. This makes sense to me. People can get outside and work on their lawns without harming others. And hopefully, they can golf 10 feet apart. not at all impossible.

Trig---Oh man, my son did the same kind of slide on grades between Jr. High and high school. It was so frustrating, we tried everything to no avail. SIGH--- and no one regrets it now more than him. So I'm all over you being all over the kiddo, fingers crossed she pulls herself together, the sooner the better. These kids just don't always understand how these choices made when they're so young can be so haunting. Not that you can't always turn the ship around, but it just gets harder and harder.

Lori---Have you found out what's happening in your neck of the woods regardin golf courses? Do you think you could do say, a foursome, and do it safely?

Nic---Yeah, I am feeling the sort of normal now about all this, but no I'm not always OK w/it. Some days are better than others. There are silver linings, but none that I would choose over the problem. You mentioned your governor---I too have been impressed with him.

College can be an eye opener to some kids---like you said, when they find out how little most professors care about you personally or all your excuses---but I think it can also be a very intoxicating feeling of freedom and the opportunity to make your own choices. W/out parents hanging over your head. Some kids really take to that in surprising ways, fingers crossed T will be one of them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, no way are we "coming out" till we feel safe from getting this thing. From what I've read and heard, we do not want this thing! I was going to say at our age, but if you go on the Minnesota virus site you see something pretty disturbing. The highest bar for cases is 20 - 44 years old, followed by those 44 to 60, and finally those 60 and up. The differences between these categories in numbers is not big, but it's clear this is not just an old people's virus.

I'm hopeful that we will find ways over the summer to be out "together" 10 feet apart. Yeah, 10 feet is the new number. For instance I will go to my old neighbors back yard w/mask on and just her. I'll bring my own food and drink and we'll sit 10 feet from each other and yell at each other, LOL. But it will be a treat to be outside and not on a zoom.

Quiet day for me. Wrote most of the day, paid some bills. Tomorrow I really want to clean out our back porch, but that's becoming kind of like Trig's picket fence. We'll see.

We are loving "Succession" on HBO. And yes, it is free right now. If you have a smart TV at least, you just click down your list of networks and you'll find HBO there now. Probably till early May. Plenty of time to binge a couple of good series, free.
  #783   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-20, 03:58

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue- Awesome to see your kind post! It is something about GA re-opening. Can anyone say STUPID!?!- Tatoo, and massage, bowling alleys. Let me run right out now and hit up the gym and bowling, then head straight to ER!!!!!

Cool on your writing. Are you going to self publish? Do you know a publisher? You can answer email. I am asking because I have been telling my grandkids stories on face time. They always ask for the same story.
"Please Gigi tell me the story of the castle and the princess" Well The castle is stories of his mommy when she was little. But I make them more magical.
So then my DD says mom they are so good you should write them as a kids book. I just might. I have a co-worker who is an artist. WHO KNOWS...... so fun to think about anything other than Covid hell.

I hear ya on getting a room put together. I have been saying I am going to organize my closet. Nope stick me on that list of undone projects. I have clothes laying everywhere. So unlike me.
I really think though we are on the other side of cold weather.

I wrote down the series you are in. May is around the corner though!! I will look at it! I LOVE my 2 smart TV's. Technology has really improved with TV'S. It truly makes watching TV movie like - crystal clear picture, love it!!!

Glad you are in a routine and feeling good about hanging in. Have you heard anything from your brother in the hospital? I do wonder how other healthcare professionals are handling all of this. But then again you said your cases are so low compared to ours.

Lori-- I am thinking with your low case rate you could possibly hit up the gold course as well after your state opens. I know you would love that. How is the shoulder these days? You really got popped with that one, glad that is over!

Trig- - Momma bear You just keep on your cub! I agree that grades do matter. Although I also think due to the way stuff is going that there also needs to be some grace in there. The rug has been yanked out from these kids. Not their fault.

Yea- your fence isn't going to happen today. Big time rain headed your way.
BTW- I spoke to my Aunt who happens to live just North of Concord and she said you all are in pretty good shape. She said the stores are stocked mostly and people are out responsibly.
Glad you are paper stocked! Still empty shelves.

NIC- - Are you feeling better today? Sometimes it takes a few days to get back on track!
Are your state parks open? What is your state saying. I am glad you trust your Governor!!
---------------------------------------------------------------
OH...... As I type this the news is on in the background. There is a story to beat the Quarantine 15- tips on not gaining weight during this time. It IS A REAL thing!!!!

We have some soggy and heavy rain all day. They are saying that the storms rolling in this afternoon could be severe. I don't do well driving in the rain! I drive like a bat outta hell on sunny dry days, add bad weather and I am an old lady behind the wheel in the slow lane.
I am thinking about taking a country road instead of the highway today. It will take me longer but the highways here scare me in bad weather. People drive nuts here. I have a friend who lives in Massachusetts. The running driver joke is all the Massholes on the road. We all have them.

I will tell ya this entire thing has really changed me. I have a new respect for healthcare - my peers. Second a new perspective on what is really important for me.
That is a good thing. I keep asking myself, if money was off the table what would I do with my life.

Write and work with animals. Both of these activities I can do now, and see where it goes on the side while still working.
There is a shelter around the corner I could volunteer at. I could also pull out the computer on the weekends and write something and see where is goes. I am going to start with Noahs story.

I might also make up a story about a little girl who was born early and was as tiny as a fairy. She spread magical glitter everywhere she went. That will be for my dear GD. I might do that one first.

Oh well enough dreaming..... time to put on the scrubs and go.........
I am not sure on dinner. I might just do eggs. I pulled out meat- but everything is still frozen. I need to stay on plan. Yesterday was a good eating day, on day 4 back on wagon and it's ok.

#784   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-20, 04:03

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Up early, as usual, and having a cup of coffee to get me started before heading to the grocery store around 6:30. I haven't been there for over a week. I'll probably also go to the meat market later this morning.

I didn't get out for a walk yesterday even though the sun was bright. There was a biting, cold wind and I just wimped out. DH was out and about and said "I don't think you want to go out in this wind." Enough said! I'm such a delicate doily.

I got up this morning and put on my workout clothes. When I get home from the grocery store, I'm going to do an exercise video before I allow myself another cup of coffee. It's an upper body/Abs workout. I'll be using my little laptop to watch it...hope it works ok. I haven't gotten my Firestick hooked up to the TV yet.....keep putting it off. I get so frustrated when technology doesn't work out that I've been wary to even try. Again with the wimpy!

Blue....you asked about golf. I'm hoping that the Governor will allow courses to open soon. It will not be difficult to social distance while playing. The only time you are near another person is if you are riding in a cart with them. I will probably walk and use my push cart, so I won't be close to anyone. There will be a change in that we won't be able to have our social time in the bar after our round. We always enjoy going into the bar/restaurant for a drink and something to eat after playing. That will be a no go. Maybe we can bring our own lunch/drink and hang out in the picnic pavilion afterwards. I know the course will be busy when they finally open it. We'll see how it works out. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal, but would be nice to be able to play a bit.

I didn't get my Marley's Spoon food box yesterday as I usually do. I got an email from them saying that shipping was delayed and I'll get it today. I'm anxious to see if the ice is still solid and it appears safe. I hope it didn't sit somewhere for a day. I won't use it if I have any doubts and I will be contacting customer service. They give me a little discount for my "trouble", so that was nice. They are also prompt with emails to let you know what's going on. I'm going back and forth between Green Chef & Marley's Spoon. I check out the menus each week and decide which box to order. Green Chef is a bit more expensive, so that does effect my decision too. I think I chose Green Chef for 1 week in May....other than that I'm using Marley's Spoon.

Jaz.....Friday is in sight girl! How nice that you and DS could talk over dinner last night. I'm sure he's worried about you being in the middle of the mess.

Trig....I guess DD is scrambling to catch up on school work! Yikes! I'm sure a lot of kids are in the same boat. I can't imagine the online school and keeping everything straight. There has to be a big learning curve. Time for Mama Bear to step in! I'm glad the school called to give you a heads up about it so she has time to get it done before the end of the school year.

Nic......yeah...I've been "meh" about getting out for my run/walks this week. Yesterday I worked on my half marathon training plan and counted the weeks I'll need to prepare. The absolute latest date for me to get serious is July 4th. I went ahead and registered for the race on October 24. Fingers crossed that things will be "ok" by then. I think it's a relatively small race with less than 500 participants. I have my eye on a big race in Jacksonville FL for February, but I'll have to see how that goes. So much for all of us is up in the air. Still getting used to not being able to plan anything.

Ok, time for me to get moving. It's just beginning to get light out....and it's cold! I'm going to go start my car and warm it up, grab my mask and head to the store. I'll zip thru there in no time flat!

Have good days!
  #785   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-20, 08:53

BF:

Well, tried to hook up the Fire Stick and I cannot for the life of me get the HDMI plug to go in the slot on the back of the TV. I was ready to throw the whole thing into the river! According to my research, HDMI is HDMI and it has to fit......I beg to differ. ARGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will ask DH to try...he'll probably have no trouble.

Then I tried using my old laptop to do a Youtube exercise video....worked good for 10 minutes and then froze up. Guess that's why it's my old laptop. I got a shower and said the he!! with it. As I said.....I have NO patience for stuff like that. Tomorrow I'll try using my little Chromebook. Screen is smaller, but if it keeps running it'll be a plus!

Grocery store run completed at 6:30 this morning. DH is doing the meat market run.
  #786   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-20, 09:39

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori I feel for ya on that tv and all that crap LOL technology is fab til it don't work the way we want instantly I get ya!!

fast one
busy busy

big rain today...yuk

HOORAY that SC state parks opening May 1 and my beach camp trip is open and reservations honored.....weee…..

but of course between then and now?? who knows but I got a nice little light at the end of the tunnel to focus on

back later to chat up!
  #787   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-20, 10:01

BF:

Trig.....Hooray that your beach camp trip can proceed! Sounds perfect! When do you go?

Update on my technological difficulties:

Tried again to plug in the HDMI....looked at the port and it looked like something might be bent. I took a small pair of scissors and pushed on a couple of the wire like thingies.....tried again and the plug went right in! WTH?

Anyway, all good, Wifi connected, password entered etc. But then...."Unable to connect to our servers". I walked away. Will try again later, but nothing is ever easy.
  #788   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-20, 14:21

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all,

Blue- Good to hear from ya! I've got mixed feelings about the reopening. It scares me AND I also acknowledge that life will have to go on. It is a matter of building a herd immunity AND keeping the curve flat simultaneously. I think when I do go to take care of my client and her new baby that I may consider wearing a mask. Not sure. It just makes me nervous about keeping her little one as safe as I possibly can.

Jaz- I'm not sure about our parks. I think the hiking trails are open but I don't think you can drive up to and into our parks, whether state or regional or whatever. You can use them if you can walk to them or that type of thing. I've been avoiding hiking trails myself bc they are usually quite narrow and you have to be really close to someone to pass.

I am really looking forward to seeing what you do and choose next. You really are a phoenix!

Lori, my fellow shopper! How did your shopping go? I am now seeing plenty of milk and eggs but gaps in other things. It's like a moving target!

Isn't it so weird to not know what you can plan on? I hear you mentioning a race in October and I don't even know what to think. I keep hearing that colleges will likely not be on campus (dang it, no!!) and if that is the case, it's hard to imagine full scale anything. It will be so weird if all of 2020 is the year nothing took place. And everything took place.

Trig- I am glad you have something to look forward to. That would be so nice. I am happy for you about that.

•••••••••••••

I'm glad it's Thursday! No school for DS18 tomorrow as he now goes M-Th, so no alarm to be set and another week under his belt toward completion. That leaves him with 12 academic days left plus an AP exam. We will both be glad for him to be finished, given that it is ending the way it is.

My Zoom call was fine last night. It was fun to visit for a bit.

Last night's dinner was Maine Lobster ravioli that I made a homemade Alfredo sauce for, and applesauce. I had two ravioli only and otherwise kept to my plan. Scale was down a bit today and I am within a few ounces of my 2020 low now. Happy about that and I won't lie, I don't feel like I have earned that at all. The scale can be completely bizarre- I bounced around at this weight and 1-2 pounds higher while staying completely on plan. Not complaining at all, just confused and this just goes to show that the scale sometimes does not know squat (take note, Dr Now of My600PL!)

Tonight is 1 of our 2 family take out nights per week. Everyone wanted Pei wei, but they are not open currently. They all decided on Popeyes, so I will pretty much take a pass. I might skin a piece of chicken but otherwise will just stick to some of my own food. Today so far I've had my coffee and some green beans with homemade pulled pork on top.

I went to the store today and did our weekly shopping. It was HELLA expensive. These boys are killing the crap out of my grocery budget. The chips, jerky, frozen convenience stuff for 2nd and 3rd dinner are adding up something fierce. I didn't even buy any meat! We are using what is in the freezer for that. But dang! They eat far more now than they did during their growing years.

There are definitely still empty areas in the store. I am now on Week 3 of not being able to score any taquitos for DS21. lol I *did* get a pack of Everything Bagels, which was super surprising because bagels are hard to find.

Also took a walk. Not a super long one but I did fit it in before the rain started. It was sprinkling right when I got home.

So, sort of a busy day (in today's terms) with the store, the walk and then going to Popeyes to pick up food later.

That's about it. Feeling slightly blue today. Also feeling sort of cold today too. Could be the gray day, could be the drop in carbs.
  #789   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-20, 17:02

BF:

Dot-
Home- believe it or not I laughed several times today. RARE- but I heard it. From myself and some other nurses.

We also had a police parade and I was front and center in my hot pink uniform. I was in front and filmed and picture taken for newspaper. It truly was touching to have 2 units of police officers make THANK you signs and open their windows and say thank you it brought thankful tears. We were all lined up- I don't know why they stuck me in front. We waved and they waved back.

I just hope they remember me when I am pulled over for speeding- HAHAHAHAHAHAH
I CRAWLED today to work. The weather was CRAZY bad. No light, gray dark skies before sun up, hard rain, and fog on window.
I got there. I took back roads and went very slow.

I am ok today....... today was actually a good day....... Got a 30 minute walk in, chatted up my co-worker nurses. It was just a good day. Nobody died. A GREAT DAY.

The hospital noticed we are all low in spirit. ALL of us. So to boost moral- they have stopped the death count and are announcing over the loud speaker- COVID DISCHARGE - playing "Don't stop believing" from Journey. We have 7 today. I was counting. It did boost us. We are discharging alive more than not.

That all- oh yea, my neighbor informed my McDonalds is giving a free dinner to all Nurses who order and show a badge- FREE food.
No thank you......... nothing I want......... I dunno- I might try a bunless burger if I got desperate.

Off to finish Prime series. Almost done with this one. Will check out BLUE's suggestion.

Nite- tucking in and need some sleep- self care. Neck sorta jacked. slept wrong.
  #790   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-20, 17:02

BF:

Nic.....congrats on the weight loss! Sounds like you're back in the groove for sure.

I can get milk, eggs, cheese etc, no problem. Peanut butter is quite scarce as is TP. I didn't even go down the TP aisle as I could see the shelves were bare. We don't need any, but if I ever see a pack, I will buy 1. Other than that, I think I found everything on my list.

Well, I finally got my Firestick hooked up to my dumb TV, updated it and was able to download Youtube. I will try actually watching something tomorrow. By the time I finally figured everything out, I was not in the mood to look at it anymore.

I thought it was going to rain today, but not a drop so far. I guess maybe tonight and tomorrow for sure. Saturday is looking good and I NEED to get outside.

Have a good evening everyone!
  #791   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-20, 17:56

BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Trig---So happy for you that your beach vacation will happen. You know what you gotta do to keep your distance. I have seen pix of open beaches in Florida that scare me, but I don't think all beaches should be closed, anymore than I think all the roads and parkways here should be closed from all those out walking and jogging as the weather gets nicer. It's all about common sense and knowledge, IMO. Although I would say 6 ft. isn't enough, more like 10 ft according to videos I have seen of how far these droplets travel. I think the beaches that are saying no sitting, no sun bathing, no partying have it right. You take your beach walk (in this case w/your metal finder) AND STAY THE HECK AWAY from other people. Then you just have your cozy RV home and just the three of you to keep safe and happy, and all will be well.

Lori---Feel for you on the tech thing w/the TV. Just going to say again, it is my experience that if you don't have a smart TV you're going to have problems hooking up the way you want to. Been there done the w/our old TV. We have a Roku TV and it is fab. Easy to figure out, no plug ins needed. You could probably order one on line, or order one from the Best Buy nearest to you and pick it up at the curb. But I understand, this isn't your kind of exercise program and you may feel wary of spending the money for something you see as temporary.

OTOH, we don't know exactly what "temporary" means these days. And then there's those winter days that will always come. I think if you had the right TV and found how easy it is and how much is available to you in terms of good work outs online on those days you don't feel like going out, you might not regret the purchase.

Nic---I am not a fan of the "herd immunity" solution to this problem, which requires 70% of us to get the virus, and frankly, I'm not sure from what I've read about it that I'd live thru it. Or my husband. Yes, we do have to get back to life, but there are better ways to do this imo, and could have been set in motion weeks and weeks ago, with a different administration. Yeah, I'm mad about that. Dang tootin'.

But then hubby and I can make our decisions accordingly. It's just that the more of us who "open up" before ANY health expert I've heard say is smart to do so, the longer we all live in this fear. I don't know about you, but would you feel safe in a restaurant or a hair salon, or anywhere where you can't possibly keep your distance right now?

But, I'm hopeful for anti-body testing, and really TESTING, PERIOD. We should have been on this long ago, as well as supplying effective PG to our people on the front line. A country as wealthy and capable as we are? It's shaming, imo. So I'll just shut my mouth on this now.

On the "to mask or not to mask doula thing" do people there wear masks? Because many many here do now. They say it won't protect you, but it will protect others. So if we're all wearing them, then the way I see it, we're all protecting each other when we mask---at least as much as we can with masks that are the best we can do.

Jaz---Hey girl, tomorrow is Friday, Yayday! I find myself so happy for you now with the onset of every weekend. I remember when I used to feel that way about weekends forever before the virus. But now, for you, weekends take on a special meaning. Freedom from stress and in your face fear.

Sorry to hear about you and your friend, hope you can mend fences with him. People say all kinds of crazy things when they're scared and the life they used to know has totally changed. Which pretty much covers all of us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was a good day. I was super productive. Changed our sheets, dusted the heck out of everything, hubby vacuumed as he does every Thursday. Then I went thru our house and gave every corner some love. Got rid of some stuff, re-arranged some other stuff. Then to top if off, we opened our porch doors and our front door for over an hour---it's sunny here but still windy and cool---and WOW, the smell of that fresh air when I brought the dogger back in right before I started to post here, was SO DELICIOUS. So tonight, our house is tidy, clean and de-cluttered, looking as if we're expecting guests. Which it has not looked like for weeks now. But I realized I need to do this just for us. And I am feeling so good about it tonight!

Energy begets energy. I know this so well. And yet, I have never seen a time when I've had so little I HAVE TO DO, and yet not been able to get as much done as one would assume with a pretty clear field. Today, I overcame that, as I have other days with my writing and my art projects, and those are always the best days for me in this strange new world. Good for me to write that out. Again.

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Apr-23-20 at 18:13.
  #792   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-20, 18:05

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori I am loving reading about your tv adventure LOL

Nicco, yea grocery bill. hubby and kid are killing me but I know your bill must be thru the roof. Congrats on doing so well.
Sounds like you are in a good place and getting thru it all!

Jaz, super cool there are more positives now vs. more scary negatives. Love your work flipped to positive and away from death counts and more!! And it seems you guys on the front lines are turning the tide and helping all and winning....love it.
In the paper ...omg so cool LOL

hey all
hubby working a lot, off to GA for a trip.
he is working early am run to VA I think in morning

cracking whip over kid. She ain't happy.

have to order new lightweight stick vacuum for mom, she can't push/lug the regular old vac anymore. searching around, all seem so crappy but thing is it has to be a very very very light stick vac ya know and they are mostly cheap and seem crappyb but I guess I will order her a Dirt Devil one but geez, like too cheap, I don't know LOL Some are nicer but the weight is not gonna cut it for a 92 year old, eh, maybe just get the cheapy lightweight one and call it a day? eh, will scope around a bit more I guess

all good here

I did eat some chocolate. Chewed on a few chips.

I NEED TO WATCH ME BIG TIME. I am getting out of zone ya know....into boredom zone and just so much crap in this house it is driving me batty. Weather, Tstorms etc. keeping me trapped inside and I am waning a bit......but I wanted to go super hog wild but I sure didn't, I wouldn't allow it but every time I do 'small allow' I know I am literally ONE bite from a hog wilder and days into weeks being off plan and I can put on SO much weight so fast it is absolutely frightening and mind boggling.....ok big chat with me again, let ya know how it goes tomorrow, see if I made me cry or cuss myself out or what not LOL
  #793   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-20, 18:38

BF:
Progress:

Oh Trig---Don't you worry about a few chocolate chips. I know, I know, your handle as I've always known it is not about being Annie Oakley. It's about your fear that one bite, one inch off plan, and it will all go to heck in a hand basket. And I certainly do trust you to know yourself in this regard.

However, I do want to note that you've survived that fear in various ways in these last terribly difficult weeks. I TOTALLY SUPPORT you in keeping a short leash on yourself, because that is what you tell me you need, and I do believe you, and no permission slip here from me.

BUT, I sure don't want you to beat yourself up over a little this and that here and there. First of all, I don't think it will effect your weight, and second of all, these times are tough. So dear pal, be gentle with yourself and maybe see what I see in you---that you have a lot more ability to stop the hog wilder than you think you do.
  #794   ^
Old Fri, Apr-24-20, 03:55

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....it warmed my heart to hear you say that you laughed with your work friends today, no one died, 7 Covid discharges & a police parade with you front and center! I hope you had a good night's sleep and are ready to face your Friday.

Blue....I was actually looking at TV's online yesterday. I'll see how things go with my "set up" today. It just seems so slow. I can just see DH's face if I tell him I'm getting another TV....he would tell me to get what I want, but he certainly wouldn't understand my reasoning.

Nic....hope things go well with your doula client. To mask or not...hmmm. I probably would, but maybe the parents will have some input on that. We've gotten so used to wearing a mask when we're around anyone....seems almost natural now. We started it early on and I'm always asking DH if he has his mask when he's going out and about.

Hope you & DS enjoyed your alarm-free morning!

Trig.....no worries on the couple bites. Sometimes you just gotta! Hope DD is making good progress on catching up with her school work. I'm sure she's a bit unhappy having Mama on her tail. Your DH is doing a lot of driving lately! At least it gives him something to do and gives you a break too.

--------

I'm so looking forward to my outside time tomorrow. Sunny & 60? We've had so much cloudiness & rain with cool temps that it will feel tropical tomorrow. The forecast isn't looking much better.....we have to enjoy the gems like tomorrow.

Today I'll try some exercise videos and maybe a Yoga one this afternoon. DH will be here all day since it's rainy, so I'll escape upstairs and do something good for me. He has a tendency to have the volume so loud on the TV and I get so sick of the stupid sports talk shows that I could scream. When he falls asleep, I turn the sound down just to save my sanity. I was even looking for some kind of comfortable looking "floor chair" to put in my exercise room so I could go up there and watch TV sometimes. I don't have a lot of floor space for a big chair, but want something comfortable. Still looking.

Have good days!
  #795   ^
Old Fri, Apr-24-20, 03:56

BF:

IT'S FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY
8 hours to go ...........

Trig- very nice you get your beach trip! I would be eyeing that pool you were talking about! Also cool it is a private camp ground right? I know you are happy about it - I would be too. A change of scenery does wonders.

Nic- You reign it in a a little and you drop!!!!
Any plans for this weekend?
So any plans your way for a senior trip? Are you rescheduling?

BLUE- You need to swing by my house. My dust has dust- like tumble weeds here!!! I know you loved fresh air! ME TOO!!!! It does make ya feel great to have a tidy house!!!!

Lori- - who would have thought to buy up all the peanut butter?!?!?!?!?! I guess with all the kids home.......
Our selves here are still pretty bare here. I have gotten to to point if I need or use something and see it I grab it. I am good in the paper area! HAHA
-------------------------------------------------------------
I am not feeling it today. I am on the count down, 8 hours.......
It's supposed to be a pretty weekend! FINALLY. I too can open my windows.
I will need to mow this weekend! I will get it done early! I also have a mound of fire ants I need to do something about.

I was out walking last night- saw my neighbor. She finally got her unemployment. She is getting the state as well as the C-19 bonus of 600.00. She is making more to sit on her couch than she did working. She said if they call her back she is not going.
I have a feeling that is going to be the thoughts of a lot of people.

But what do ya do? I am glad for her.

One day at a time!!!

I have steak thawing filet!!!!! and a salad for dinner. I have tuna for lunch. I am finding it hard to not eat while at work. The OMAD
works beautiful when I am home I eat about 4- and golden for the day. But when I work I don't get to eat until about 530. I also get up at 5 am- that is a long time.

I am hitting up a bubble bath before I go in!!!!! Have a great day!