Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 11:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/185/120 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Easy Cheese Cake

The Mock Danish recipe inspired this recipe. After having that once and loving it, I thought, hmmm tastes almost like cheesecake, has the same ingredients as cheesecake. Maybe I should make a cheesecake. So I started researching and a lot of the recipes were pretty complicated, double Boilers and such. Then I found the Cheesecake recipe in Dr. Atkins New Diet Cookbook. It seemed pretty easy to make. The instructions for making this cheesecake are word for word straight out of the DANDC except that I use a food processor instead of a blender and recommend you wait to the next day to eat it. If you wish to try the original recipe It’s on page 205 of DANDC. However the ingredients in this recipe are pretty much mine. The only ingredients that are the same are the cream cheese and the eggs. Also I’ve tried the cheesecake while still warm, slightly cooled and the next day after it’s been refrigerated overnight and the first 2 don’t compare to how good it tastes the next day. I really love the way it tastes and hope some of you other low-carbers like it too. BTW I had one slice every day for dessert and still lost 2 lbs this week.

Tami

Easy Cheesecake

16 oz Cream Cheese ~ room temperature
3 eggs
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 tsp Vanilla
1.5 tsp ReaLime
6 Tbsp xylitol

Preheat over to 350 degrees

Place all ingredients in a Food Processor and blend for 15 minutes. Pour mixture into a 9-inch springform pan. Place in a pan of hot water in oven. If water evaporates during baking, add more hot water as needed. Bake for 1 hour, turn off oven and leave cake in oven 1 hour more. Remove cheesecake from pan and let set in refrigerator overnight.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 03:29

Stats: 435/410/225 Male 5' 11''
BF:
Progress: 12%

What is xylitol?

Thanks, Unit Zero.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 16:54

Plan: just do it
Stats: 140/131/115 Female 65"
BF:

can splenda be used in place of zylitol? i'm assuming that it's a sweetener. if so what measurement would you suggest? i love cheesecake and am anxious to try this!

Thanks,
LeShai
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 11:25

Stats: 222/185/120 Female 62"
BF:

Yes, Splenda can be used in place of Xylitol and if you're using granular Splenda the measurements are the same. Xylitol is yet another sweetner. I like it because it tastes *exactly* like sugar and has absolutely no after taste. The downside is that if you eat too much it has a laxative effect. The first cheesecake I made I used Splenda and I could taste the splenda, so I tried the Xylitol and it I liked it better. You can usually buy Xylitol in any health food store.

Tami
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 11:39

Plan: just do it
Stats: 140/131/115 Female 65"
BF:

i'll have to look for xylitol on my next trip to the hf store. this sure sounds yummy!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 19:08

Plan: Atkins/Cigarettes/Coffee
Stats: 146/135/120 Female 5f 4
BF:Oink,Oin,O
Progress: 42%

Tha sounds great Im adding it to my recipies
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-11, 07:57

Stats: 135/131/125 Female 4'3"
BF:
Progress:

Xilitol is also good for the teeth, that is why it's added to sugar free gum, like Trident, Orbit, etc.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-11, 08:28

Plan: LC and PH now and then.
Stats: 176.5/153/140 Female 60 ins
BF:
Progress: 64%

is there any way we can have a this with a crust? what do you think? ground roast nuts with a little ginger or mixed spice and melted butter? I'm not thinking of eating it every day, but I'd love to try your recipy, but I know I'll be dissapointed without the crust.... I have not eaten cheesecake for many, many years....
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-11, 12:10

Stats: 135/131/125 Female 4'3"
BF:
Progress:

Got this crust recipe from "Atkins the complete cookbook":
1 1/2 cups finely ground walnuts or pecans
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Combine crust ingredients; pat onto bottom and sides of pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden; cool on wire rack.

Hope this helps
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-11, 13:33

Plan: LC and PH now and then.
Stats: 176.5/153/140 Female 60 ins
BF:
Progress: 64%

Help?.. it may save my life one day....thank you for posting this..