Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 06:12

Plan: food comb/atkins influenc
Stats: 185/161/140 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi everyone. I am no expert but i have read that having an allergy to food or substances will cause your cells to swell up with water. If you are having an allergic reaction to food then the swelling up would make sense. An allergy could be anything from food to toxins from pesticides and chemical fertilisers.

Food for thought anyway.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 09:18
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

For me it is a sign I've eaten a food I'm intolerant of. Either gluten or casein or nuts.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 04:31

Plan: none
Stats: 169/169/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

I went back to my 4th GI doctor intestional SPECIALEST so they call themselves. All I had asked for was a blood test to prove to all of them that I have yeasy overgrowth .. It is the 1 test she did not do. She wants me to have another colonoscopy and another test where you take a pill with a bunch of rings in it then have an exray every other day for 10 days because she said I screwed the last 1 up because I took laxatives. I told her I refuse to take that test again because the only releive I get is with laxatives. I am taking heavy doses of probiotics it hase 60 billion organisms per capsule. This is the only thing that has helpped keep it under control. I have still not eaten any pasta ,bread, cereal ,no sugar for 2 months can not lose 1 pound it is unbeleivable. I feel alot of fluid retention. This week I am going to set up an appointment with a good holistic doctor I was told about. maybe he will beleive me.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 04:37

Plan: none
Stats: 169/169/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

thanks Im going to check into this because I start swelling before I leave the table itching everywhere too. It is so frusterating. Hope to find an answer soon been like this for 8 months...
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-06, 22:37

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%

Well I solved my problem... I now take 2 muilti-enzymes at every meal (I get them from Wal*Mart... worked like a charm. Very nice not to be bloated all the time! I was really beginning to be worried about myself!
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Sep-15-06, 02:03

Plan: Candida diet
Stats: 117/117/110 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress:

I've been suffering with a big bloated belly too, since i cut out sugars and yeast 5 days ago, but i have been eating creamed coconut and not sure if it's the caprylic acid thats in it creating a "die off" effect or the sugars that are in it feeding the candida. Seems to get worse as the day goes on.........
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Sep-15-06, 15:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 162/156/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress:
Default To adnil53

I was wondering what these enzyme pills are that you are buying from Walmart.
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Sep-16-06, 01:30

BF:
Progress:

Yes I have just bought some digestive enzymes too, they have helped me in the past.
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Sep-16-06, 15:32

Plan: candida wipe out plan
Stats: 130/115/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 150%

what is the name of these enzymes?
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Sep-16-06, 16:23

Plan: Pregnant-Moderation
Stats: 157/195/000 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: -24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrstnHrpr
I posted this question earlier in my journal but now something really weird happened. My lower abdomen is huge! It looks like I am nine months pregnant. This kind of happens on and off, more on. When I was in high school I weighed 15 more lbs than I do now, and I was thin! Now I have a pot belly I thought I read somewhere about vinegar and dairy causing this but I am not sure! I have been using sugar free/carb free salad dressings like crazy, their main ingredient is VINEGAR! My doctor said that she cant explain it. There is nothing medically wrong. If it wasnt for my lower abdomen I would be proportionate. My measurements are 38-33-41. Mind you most of that 41 is fat on my stomach or at least it seems! Any suggestions? And I was wondering if anyone had the same problem. Three people in the last week asked me if I was pregnant I might not be as nice to the next person who asks!

I feel for you!!! I would be mad too espescially with all your efforts!!! Unfortunately, I don't have answers - just empathy- the only thing I cna think of is maybe bloating from salt bc of many diet products. If that's true then I'm on the way there bc different diet sodas and desserts help me continue my efforts.......Good luck and share and answers, please.

Latté Lover
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Sep-16-06, 16:28

BF:
Progress:

Malulani, they are just called digestive enzymes or digestive aids and you can get them from the health shop.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Sep-16-06, 16:55

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 296/178/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Much less
Progress: 81%

The ones I get at Wal-Mart are called Multi-Enzyme Formula Digestive Aid and the brand is Rexall
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Sep-20-06, 01:15

Plan: candida wipe out plan
Stats: 130/115/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 150%

thanx a bunch!