Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1021   ^
Old Fri, May-29-20, 05:05

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

OMG.....the humidity!!! Just got back from my 6AM run. 2.5 miles....sweaty mess. Ugh. So glad I got myself out there early. Now the sun is coming out and the humidity will get more oppressive.

It's Friday Jaz......hang in there.

I need to hit the shower.....check on you all later!
Sponsored Links
  #1022   ^
Old Fri, May-29-20, 05:09

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco….yea the relief from school is a friggin' prize for us parents. Let alone the kids I hear ya!!

My kid ain't doing nothing. Just our trips we got planned. She doesn't wanna do anything. She is in pure don't bother me or look at me mood, which is fine. Her only thing...paint that fence. Fence Watch 2020 will go on forever....heck even now I don't wanna paint the damn thing....

Speed Q...cool. I love bare bones. Like a car. All the computer gadgets in it...one sensor blows and the whole car stops to function. Insane. I think just Whirlpool cheapie for me. Fast easy buy and done. I truly am so over this stuff, buy this, replace that, I don't know, I never was a remodel the home, renovate, buy big stuff and more. My minimalist personality kinda wants nothing to do with this stuff anymore.

Lori...oh easy and simple....Dr. called in prescription and hubby gets handled. good thing it probably isn't anything

It is 7 now...did you run with your app?

Jazz, sorry work is so rough right now. Between the car wreck and more...girl you need a good 2 weeks off to rest. I hope ya go easy over the weekend and sleep your heart out and just chillax.

Blue.....Whoa. They aren't opening your pool at all? That stinks big time truly for you. Can't even imagine.

Your BBQ sounds fab and I know you wanna connect and relax and that sounds like a great way to do just that!!

----------so today is easy day.

repair guy called, this and that could be wrong with this model we got on the dryer and with house call cost and possible fixes, maybe 200 to fix and I said screw that.....gonna buy a 400 cheapie from Lowes and get new. Heck the old one has dried up stuck on friggin' gum from when kid had a ton in her pocket and I dried it and a bunch of it got everywhere...yea nightmare for the drum in the dryer, so new one it is. Get rid of the thing and that gum in it HAHA

I guess hubby will go get one today? I don't know and I don't care but I need to do sheets from the RV and stuff and need a friggin dryer.....not even sun to dry out on a line. ugh. PIA for sure

got part of back mowed yesterday and a big squall hit and I got nailed big time getting soaked. oh well...bad day out there, yard will have to wait now.

just chilling along. off to grocery for Tbones on sale. Few other things, nothing much. not in the mood ya know but need Tbones for camp trip so off I go.

over and out, be good ya'll
  #1023   ^
Old Fri, May-29-20, 16:42

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

DOT....... Tomorrow I write........ it's 6:40 and Im going to bed.... CRAZY Day I had no energy for.........

Till tomorrow - SO SO SO TIRED.
  #1024   ^
Old Sat, May-30-20, 06:04

BF:

Jazz put down her dot but I am first hmmm.... all

dryer being delivered today. hubby got $50 bucks off cause he could not take one home, so they are delivering for free and he said hey I want a discount cause you didn't have one in the warehouse and the guy said sure...50 off. Hey why not LOL Got me a Whirlpool cheapie. $407 out the door.

Hubby drove to West Virginia last night for work. He took off this morn to deliver the return vehicle and paperwork to his company and coming home fast so he will be here when delivery comes on dryer.

Day is 'clearing kinda'....omg the amt of rain these last 4 days is driving me batty. We must turn over soon to full sun or or or....I don't know...HAHA

Doing well on plan. No more lbs down but I got rid of 2 lbs. for May. Maybe another 2 lbs. for June....who knows but I am eating so well and doing great so not rocking the boat at all right now.

all good here.
  #1025   ^
Old Sat, May-30-20, 06:28

BF:

Good Morning!

We had heavy rain showers yesterday afternoon/evening, but this morning the sun is shining brightly and the air is fresh.....be gone humidity! I expect the golf course to be a soggy mess, so I'm wearing my "wet" shoes today. I'll probably be wearing a jacket tomorrow as the high is to only be in the low to mid 60's....weird weather.

Trying to stay pretty low calorie today, other than the couple lite beers I'll have on the course. Have to have those! I think it's a law or something.

Trig....Yay on the new dryer! Sounds like you got a deal and hopefully it will serve you well.

Jaz.....hope you got a good night's sleep and can enjoy your weekend and get some much needed R & R.

Nic & Blue....have a good weekend.

Soon time to get ready for golf....looking forward to a day out in the fresh air.
  #1026   ^
Old Sat, May-30-20, 07:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:)
Good Morning!

Have to have those! I think it's a law or something.

Lori I know for a fact it is a law and you must comply
what is golf without a few beers....well it isn't as much fun anymore

omg yea the course should be a soggy mess....plastic shoes, muck boots from my farm, will get ya a pair HAHA
enjoy your day!

yea the old cheapie dryer got me like 11 years so this cheapie should get me at least 10 I hope

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sat, May-30-20 at 07:17.
  #1027   ^
Old Sat, May-30-20, 07:31

BF:

RESTED- Slept 12.5 hours. Yea I was THAT tired worn out.

Trig- So happy you got your dryer and it's coming this morning! You got a new Whirlpool!!!! Whoot and a deal! You def got a DEAL on that!
Hang- on- HOT and MORE hot and sun for the next 10 days. Summer IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too am curious how much more you want to lose. So if you continue "as is" that would be another 24 pounds in a year- changing NOTHING!!!!! You are so in your sweet spot.

Come on- TELL us how much you have lost! I know it is jaw dropping!

Lori- - Humid here too! Summer is really here.
Enjoy your day - it warms my heart to know your hitting the golf course this year!

Blue-- I am wondering how your city is faring. See below!
I am super excited to see your energy in your writing where you are so so gifted!
I love reading about your progress!!!!

I love how you described how lovely your back patio is. It is screened right? I would be out on it drinking my coffee everyday! I want a screened patio!
I am sorry to hear about your pool! I know how much you loved it.
I am pretty shocked they are not even opening up the chairs. How disappointing!

Nic- IS today the day you put up your Gazbo? I love the idea of your family working together in your yard today! You are getting the pool squared up today as well? Send us a pic! Can't wait to see it! You have such a great back yard for entertaining or just hanging out in!
You going to toss some burgers on the grill today?
----------------------------------------------------------------
So I went to bed watching the protest in downtown and Buckhead. I woke up to fact that sometime in that protest it turned violent. The raging crowds- busted out store after store after store and looting and fires all over the city. It was just a rage mentality and minions of business are now in shambles.

I just do not understand how looting and ruining a business honors anything.
The gov. Just declared a civil state of emergency and the national guard is trying to control the unrest. Dozens of people were arrested and 2 targets were burned. Hundreds of small business have bashed in windows and looting have destroyed them.

So we had lock down for our small mom and pop shop- then this. It is just........... I can't believe what I am watching in Atlanta.

That is why I was asking about Blue's city. I wonder if Minneapolis had this to this degree as well.

I SO SO get that what happened to that man was wrong on every level and should be dealt with to the highest level of the law. But out side of that- I do not get how rioting, violence and looting says anything except lawlessness.

I feel pretty good after getting over 12 hours of solid sleep. Even then Bella was ready to get up and go out and eat. Now she is taking her nap!!!! - When I die I want to come back as my dog- spoiled thing.

Thawing a pound of shrimp and some ground beef. Not sure how today is going to roll.
I gotta do bills as it is end of month.

I am going to google pools near me. I so miss a pool.
Hot and super humid today. It is SO humid I have moisture on the outside of my windows.
I love an unwritten day!!!!! Mine to do with what I want!

Ok- ladies!!!!!!!! ENJOY TODAY!!!!- BACK LATER!!!
---------------------------------------------------------
  #1028   ^
Old Sat, May-30-20, 07:51

BF:

Jazz so happy you got good sleep!!

hey on a pool. they are work point blank.

now if you are willing it is cool...…...but for me, the next thing if my pool dies...……….HOT TUB. A big one. Small, easy to clean, easy to close with their lids, easy to open AND it has JETS and you do not have to do the heat in summer. Think of it as a small pool to cool after mowing etc. but in winter you have that option of heating.

I tell ya, a good old spa jacuzzi hot tub thing is the way I am rolling next if there is a next vs. a pool LOL

just a thought on it

shrimp and ground beef...that's the bomb. eat up and enjoy!
  #1029   ^
Old Sat, May-30-20, 08:32

BF:

Trig- I have so thought about a hot tub!!!!!!! I could easy do one! My patio is perfect for one!

How would you do a pound of high quality ground beef?
  #1030   ^
Old Sat, May-30-20, 09:03

BF:

I would do a 1 lb. burger.

or maybe a 1/2 lb. burger and use the other 1/2 lb. with a bit of spice....like a tad of taco spice and eat that but that spice is getting rougher for me so I am all in....eat a massive burger and go forward and forget about it LOL

I don't 'do recipes' or much Jazz. I just eat meat ya know. Simple.

yea the hot tub is WAY less than a pool so for me now, at this age, either I do pools others own from a trip etc. or I do a hot tub in my house if my pool dies and I need water around.

older I get a puddle with no ties means water for me, so the hot tub is my focus next smaller, easier work, lower cost on chemicals and more is my way I am going in my older age...older age, omg shoot me HAHA

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sat, May-30-20 at 09:23.
  #1031   ^
Old Sat, May-30-20, 17:18

BF:

A beautiful day on the golf course. Some good shots, some not so good ones...but who cares? Just happy to be out there. I got home about 3, took a shower, ate a bite and now I could go to bed. Back to the course tomorrow morning. It's supposed to be in the 40's in the morning! Brrrr. What a change in temperature. Better than that stifling humidity for sure.

Hope you all had a good Saturday.
  #1032   ^
Old Sat, May-30-20, 20:46

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all-

Dot down til tomorrow. I've worked my brains out on the slideshow movie for DS18's home graduation Monday. I went through decades of pictures and then had to go watch tutorials on how to do the "Ken Burns effect", how to put in transitions, how to put in music, how to adjust music to fit in video clips etc. My eyes are crossing and it took many hours over the past two days but it is mostly complete. We still need to put two video clips in though so that will throw it off just a bit and I will have to recalibrate it a bit. I might condense us all in to one. That way I only have to make one change.

Til tomorrow!
  #1033   ^
Old Sun, May-31-20, 04:28

BF:

Lori sounds like a decent day on the course....and how many beers? LOL Yea same here....weather is chilled a bit but I have to check on rain again, heck it is rainy looking out there. no sun so...

Nicco, wow that sounds like a lot of work but so cool on the final project when done. You know he is gonna love that big time

Hi Blue and Jazz

Dryer in and done. Forget that for the next 10 at least I hope.

Running up to little store for chicken. Last pack from store has that 'smell' and even the dog isn't eating it....hmm, so into garbage that goes and have to get some new fresh.

Other than that, bit of cleaning and all. Not much doing. Just gonna chill thru the day mostly. Got kid to finish the last of the mow in the back last night so 1 more day and start all that crap over again if the rain holds off.

Nothing more, gonna be SOS day here.
May is over and I got 2 lbs. gone and happy with just that. June starts tomorrow and will try for another 2 who knows.
so far so good on zc tho.
  #1034   ^
Old Sun, May-31-20, 05:21

BF:

so its sunday and 7:20 and am just waiting for the darn little store to open. my gosh I am a super early morning person....ready to roll and darn store ain't open yet LOL

come on, come on.....they open in 10 mins and it takes me literally 3 minutes to get there HAHA

edited to say I said to hubby off I go and he says they open later now. hours changed and I said no and he said yes so I called and got someone, thinking yea they are open and she says, we now open at 9 on sunday.

omg 9....the friggin' day is over by 9 to me. this wait will be cruel LOL might as well put a load of laundry in and get caught up on that while I wait.

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sun, May-31-20 at 05:51.
  #1035   ^
Old Sun, May-31-20, 06:16

BF:

OMG TRIG!!!!!- You have been up and to the store and back before I open my eyes on the weekend.

Going to be a BEAUTIFUL day!!!!!!! I know you will love it. Still soggy......Hopefully the grass can dry out a bit!

Glad you got your dryer in and up and running! I would not call a 400.00 dryer cheap. I too hope it last you a good 10 years!

Yea I will likely toss the beef into a patty and toss it on the grill.

Lori-- Of COURSE you MUST partake of a few beers on the golf course!!!! Ya can't play the game, empty handed! Hope you have a great game!
Who do you play with?

NIC-
- That is so cool to put that slideshow together for DS18!!! I am sure he will appercaite it as time goes on.
When are you celebrating?

Did you get your back yard squared up? You sure are busy!
Oh..... how is the new mom doing? Do you see her going forward?

Blue- How is the book going?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I am so disturbed by what I see happening in our major cities. Atlanta had another riot last night and the national guard will be here to restore order though the week.

I just don't get it. I heard this is happening across the country. So so so sad. We are just coming out of a Covid-18 pandemic with over 100,00 souls lost, job losses, small business closing, now this, riots and damage and violence in the major cities.

I get the anger. I do. The divide between the have and the have nots have never been so divided. Add race into the mix and hate groups. It needs to stop. I don't know what will make it better. It is just sad. I would hope that these younger "kids" would have learned from our mistakes.

On another note- Car update:
My car is being repaired to the tune of 12,500. I had to fight hard to get it fixed at that price. But I will end up with practically a new car!
At least that is the hope!

I am redoing my house a bit. I sold a couch, and my treadmill and plant stand. I got a really good price from those items. It will free up space I can re-arrange for a more workable space. I am thinking hard about a deck. I don't have alot of space in the back area- but I am thinking about placing a screened canopy on it. I would love that.

So just making my space work. - I also need a dining room table. I have been using a card table since I have been here. I was going to get a table and just never did.

Feel really good today! I am healing up nicely from that accident. My ribs are coming along as well. Just feels bruised at this point.

Oh- Meeting a GF for a lunch today. We picked a spot that offers out door dining. I am comfortable with that. She is a nurse as well. I haven't seen her since I have been back from DE. Looking forward to that. The spot we are going has omelettes and burgers all day. It will be one of those. It will be my main meal!!!

OK- Till later! Enjoy your day ladies