Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1051   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-20, 07:59

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Doing this and that, getting busy getting crap handled.

will come back and chat....usual stuff....back from store and this irks me and I think of Nicco when I say this cause she got nailed also....darn near like $30 in soda and snacks for camper for this trip. What a darn waste of hard friggin' earned money
Sponsored Links
  #1052   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-20, 18:53

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- OMG yes the snacks and the soda! My DH is the actually the worst offender with the soda- he likes three kinds on hand at all times. Then the boys were sucking down a bunch of his, so I get them each a 12 pack a week so they will leave his alone. It is ridiculous! I feel ya!

Blue- No, we have not eaten in a restaurant yet at all. We have done takeout only. I know you can eat outside at some now but we haven't done that yet either. In time!

I'm so glad you had fun with your brother and the Fam, plus the other nice events of the weekend. We all need some bright spots these days. And I join you on feeling tubby. I am definitely rocking the Oompa Loompa thing right now!

Jaz- I wonder if the DGKs have antibodies from their Mom having had C-19? She was tested for it and was positive, right? And was with the kids the whole time? I just wonder... I love what you wrote about your DD though. It is great when we LIKE our kids and how they are growing and developing.

I'm glad you got to lunch with a friend! Those moments are so precious now! Also really glad to hear that your tummy is all settled down.

I feel for you with the driving and long work day x 5 days per week. My client is 45 minutes each way and one day makes me tired. I can't imagine. I salute you!

Lori- Sounds like a rough golfing day on Sunday! I do wish your Sis would come and visit you. You both would enjoy that so much!

5.5 miles!! Wow! That is so impressive! Great job being back in the Safe Zone too! Well done.

Trig- No rush to open the pool- water is too cold to use anyway yet so it is all the maintenance with none of the fun. That should hopefully change in the next couple of days- finally some hot weather!

Sorry you didn't get to see your Bro but like you said, you can party it up in a month. I am hoping my bro and co will come here this summer for a visit.

••••••••••••

Okay, so, graduation. It was just so nice. We go during our allotted time for his last name. Drive up, and have a couple of minutes wait behind the one car having their turn.

Then we drive up and they have a stage there for the kids. He gets "announced", walks across the stage and gets his diploma. A photographer takes his picture and then we all got to join him for pictures as well. This was a surprise bc we had originally been told that only two people could get out with him. He was also super surprised (we all were!) that he got two Departmental Awards- one for Fine Arts and one for Drama, so that was really exciting for him. He was honestly so surprised and just thrilled out of his little gourd.

After that we piled back in the decorated car and ALLL the teachers and staff from the whole school were lining the drive, cheering for him and yelling things out to him. It was absolutely priceless. He was really happy to see a couple of teachers/staff that he really likes. It was nice to get to wave or say goodbye. He was blasting "American Pie" at full volume as we drove away with us all singing at the top of our lungs.

We then told him that Dd and SoIL had to go, that DD had to teach a class. In reality they were going to be decorating the inside and getting the final parts of dinner set up (SoIL made the pasta sauce, cooked the pasta, threw my artichoke dip in the oven and set the table, DD did the decorating.) Meanwhile we took DS21 with us to take pictures. We kept him out about 45 minutes or so. Got back and they had done a wonderful job. I'll send a pic or two to show you all. It was funny though, he walked in and his first comment to his sister was that while it was so nice of her, he would have rather have had her in the pictures with him. I thought that was so sweet of him.

We had dinner, then the boys went out to throw a football around (one of DD's gifts for him) which gave us a chance to get the chocolate fountain fired up and running. When they came in, we did that and then headed downstairs for the slideshow. Y'all, he LOVED the slideshow. They all did. He was really liking the pictures and hearing from family, but when his first friend popped up, his eyes grew wide and then that bottom lip popped right out and he got teary. It meant so much to him to hear from his friends. Each time a friend came up he did the same thing. It was absolutely precious. I will not forget that, ever!

After that (his comment: I am SO SHOOK! lol) he opened his gifts and then we started winding it down. The school had also given a goody bag and in it was a bound booklet with each child's senior picture and a baby picture, along with what would have been said about them as they crossed the stage. At their school, each child is done this way, it is exceedingly special and personal, and I was so very sad that he would not get to hear what they would say about him. Well now, he not only could "hear" it in his head (we know the drama teacher's voice so well that we all can hear it exactly how it would be read) but now he also has it to keep forever.

Just a wonderful, wonderful day and evening. This one will go down in the books.

Today I did Round Two of Postpartum Doula'ing with my new little family. We did baby's first real bath, learned how to sterilize pacifiers and bottles (and how to put bottles back together), talked about nursing/latching some more, practiced letting the baby take a nap in the bassinet (Mom and Dad had yet to sleep at the same time because of being nervous to let the baby lay down and sleep, bless them) and stuff like that. Very productive time. I came home and crashed for a bit!

DD, SoIL, Ds21 and Ds18 all went to a peaceful protest today in our sister town. They said it was really well done, well attended and everyone had masks on. I am glad that they chose to do that.

DS18's college did a Town Hall meeting today and went over their intentions for the Fall Semester. I was able to watch the playback tonight. Cheer with me, Ladies, because as of now it is planned to have students attend in the fall, at reduced density as far as class sizes etc but I liked what I was hearing. I am hopeful that he will have a semi normal first year experience. That would be great!

Tomorrow will be a slow day for me, which I will welcome so I can get some cleaning done in the house etc, and then I'm hanging out (socially distanced) at a friend's house tomorrow evening. Then a short period of work on Thursday.

Hugs, all!
  #1053   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-20, 20:16

BF:

No dot from Jazzer tonight?
  #1054   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-20, 20:46

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Here late........ Dot- but first

NIC- OMG OMG I LOVED LOVED LOVED your post.
How incredible sweet. It really really brought those sweet tear to my eyes. I am so happy. It filled my heart as well to hear the story. I can visualize it. I can see how full of happy you are!!!!!! Oh so wonderful----- thank you for sharing a beautiful story!!!!!!!

ALL- HIYA
----------------------------------------
OMG busy busy busy day-
but I had two PRECIOUS patients I am really working for. I work for them all , but some have more challenges.

so this one ladies Bless her...... totally with it and pisst her body not doing what needs to happen so she can get discharged...... I feel her.......

Second this SWEET SWEET gentlemen who was living with his girlfriend. HEAR ME HERE- he is 89!!!!
Anyway they sold the house and she went to cheat on him with his best friend........ OMG this drama in the 90's? So he left her and came here from another state to visit his son and had chest pain. MIND YOU he drove from 4 states away- CAPABLE! His son freaked out he has short of breath in a dungeon basement and called 911.
Fast forward he is putting him in a assisted living apt.

This guy is a sweet heart. He said I don't wanna go there it's for OLD people - (89 he is) girlfriend recent........
started telling me his life story..... My god this guy is lively, ex military, writer, and instructor, weapons expert, he is on his 4th book.
3 have been published and he called Amazon bitches for taking up his money. He is a real sweetie. OMG- to close my eyes he is me, you , anyone speaking. He is not 89. I get it.
So we talked and talked. I said you know it might not be so bad....... there are "girls" there" - green in his eye he said yea....... I am going........ You will get me there right?....... You bet.... I will get him there safe.
He said I knew god would send me an angel - red hair and all! ...... OMG sweet man!!!!! Yup- he is getting to his place...... I will see he is safe and settled.

I must have walked 5 miles today. I never sat. My charting was skimp..... tomorrow will be catch up. Today was putting out fires.

I am changing. I have changed. Covid did something to me. Travel did something to me. I look at life so short, so special, so sacred. It is something to be shared. Freely to love, freely to do as I please.
I love my kids, mom, friends and all- but at the end of the day I need to please me. I need to follow my dreams. I need to stop listening to those voices to "be better, do this do that". This is my life.

I know my kids wish I would.........
My mom would want...........
My guilt SHOULD ..........

Nope- Travel, Covid, and right here and right now is changing me......
What do I want? What are my dreams....... AM I happy? this has been slowly growing in the last year. Maybe you all have seen these questions from me. they have come to a point I
can no longer push them away. Life is short. What do I wanna do my last 30? years

Fun to explore and I look at this and a push to say yes to life. Stop fear and say yes to the unknown. I am ready!!!!!
It's late I have to get up and serve the man tomorrow tomorrow. I am not ready to give up a job right now- but hear me ready to explore what might happen next and how to prepare

Risk = knowing what I am capable of ............ times a wasting

addendum: Random thoughts about life- hope you can piece it all together - otherwise- screw it I will try to make sense of it better. I just fee FREE to finally stop listening to all those SHOULD...........

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Jun-02-20 at 20:53.
  #1055   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-20, 20:54

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---I am totally teary eyed at your description of T's graduation. Like I said, so different than expected but SO VERY special in it's own way. I'm really knocked out on how far the school went to make it so. Knew your family would make it special, but didn't have any idea how creative the school would make it, right down to lining the driveway and cheering the kids as they left. Yeah, definitely teary here. But then, I get teary often these days. And here I thought that age had limited how easily I could cry anymore. Turns out that's not true, when provoked by these times.

Love your doula posts. Reminded me of how we had more experienced friends come over and help with the first bath. Scared the bejeezy out of me at the time, he was such a wee slippery thing, and it was so good to have them there.

Trig---I feel like I'm with you on your countdown to vacation! I'm living vicariously and hope you take your laptop and share a bit of your days on the beach with us. Oh man, sure envy your RV and easy traveling these days. No worries about the virus, as it's as good as your home on wheels.

Lori---So excellent that you're back in your "weight safety zone." You have really taken this by the horns between your increased exercise and better eating days. I salute you and Trig...and Jaz, because she's still hanging in there fighting for it under such stressful circumstances.

LOL, Nic and I are the "oompa Loompas" of the thread right now. But we'll find out way back, right Nic?

Jaz---Hope all is well and assuming you just had another exhausting day and dropped into bed first chance you got.

Loved hearing about your chat w/your daughter and second Nic's words about how really great it is when we see our kids grow up right before our eyes---heh, and it's usually AFTER they leave us and all our heated efforts. Wish more parents knew that is common.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My son is no happily re-settled in his own place. He even painted his room! Haha, said he had to throw away the clothes he painted in, which I totally believe, knowing him. I'm sure that paint was flying around like no one's business. He inherited his mother's lack of patience in this regard. But he is cozy as a bug in a rug for now. Loves his new room, and is getting it all set up so he can show it to us on a zoom tomorrow. Before the Thing dropped on us, our Xmas gift to him was a $ amount to fix up his old room. So he has all that and says it all looks better and feels better in his new place.

He wanted to go protest yesterday, but his new roommates objected for the sake of their health. He called me to see if I thought that was fair. I said I absolutely thought it was fair. Told him there are other ways to make his voice heard. He's a very good writer, and so he spent the day writing Facebook post about how he felt. It was fantastic, and I am so proud of him.

Still, made me think of my protesting days during the Viet Nam war and the civil rights struggles of those times. Man, I was OUT THERE, running from the tear gas, bandana over my face. I never damaged anything, or looted anything, as was true of 95% of the kids I protested with (UW Madison and Berkley were the two hot spots of protests in the early days of the resistance) but it felt right and good to be out there giving voice with marches, and candles and songs. So I understand it's hard for my son not to be able to join in, but the Co-Vid puts another layer on this that must be considered when you're living with other people.

We are still pretty closed down here in my city. It's inconvenient, but I'm 100% behind the peaceful protests, which have been the bulk of it since last weekend, when it turns out 90% of those arrested were from out of state and from some pretty sketchy groups who lets just say, had no interest in the cause being protested. I'll leave it at that.

Today was an OK day, but I have got to get some things done around here. Been in a lazy mode lately, and need to break out of it!
  #1056   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-20, 20:58

BF:
Progress:

Jaz---we cross posted, but had to come back to say I LOVED your post. OMG, the sweetness of what you are doing for your patients! I know it isn't the job of your dreams, but you sure are putting out some angel dust while you're there. XO, and BRAVO!
  #1057   ^
Old Wed, Jun-03-20, 03:27

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue-- I LOVED your post. I just knew your son is so resilient and would find his place!
Awesome he has taken to writing like his momma!!!!
Glad his living situation has worked out. Any jobs out there yet? It a tough time in that area everywhere!

Yea I could see you in those protests in the 60's. We aren't far off from that either! One would think we had come further in the race issue in 50 years.

How is your writing coming along!

Trig/Lori/ Nic- waiting for updates!
-------------------------------------------------
Hot and humid day on tap! Back after work. I am not awake and stayed up way too late.

Have a great one!!!
  #1058   ^
Old Wed, Jun-03-20, 03:58

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

OMG....just lost a long post. Hit submit and I got the white screen of death...."site cannot be reached"....WTH????????? I'll try again....sigh.

-------

Good Morning!

Trig.....you must be getting SO anxious to hit the road. At least you got the junk food packed up! You just have to grin and bear it, right?

Nic......I loved everything about your son's graduation festivities. I think the schools really tried to make it special for the kids. It couldn't have been easy. Not to mention all you did as a family to make it memorable! He'll never forget it, that's for sure.

I bet your Doula client looks forward to the days you are there. Sounds like they need some help with getting into a sleeping routine etc.

Blue....so glad to hear that your son is settling into his new place. It's too bad that he couldn't go to the protests, but understand how his roommates feel. The "THING" is still out there waiting to pounce.

I'm hopeful that DSis will come for a visit sometime this summer. The county she lives in is still under severe lockdown and she feels like she isn't allowed to leave. I don't think that's true, but I want her to feel comfortable when she does come. We won't be able to do that much here either, but at least we'd be together.

Jaz.....I love reading about your patients and how you help them when they otherwise would have no guidance. You are their Angel for sure! That 89 year old man sounds just awesome! I hope he can adjust well to his new home in assisted living.

Good for you....take the bull by the horns and grab what you want out of this life. We only get one shot at it and it flies by. You raised your kids and they have flown....now it's your turn!

------

Ugh......just had to pull another tick off of DH's arm. Geez!! I told him that he's going to have to spray himself with bug spray every morning before he starts work. I'll watch the bite site to make sure it doesn't look "funny". Dang ticks!

I'll be going out for a run later this morning. I'm thinking I'll do a short one today, tomorrow & Friday and then it'll be golf Saturday, Sunday and my long(5+ mile) on Monday. Makes me tired just talking about it.

I think dinner tonight will be chicken something or other. My food box comes today. I know there will be chicken, pork chops, and some kind of Mexican recipe this week.

Have good days!
  #1059   ^
Old Wed, Jun-03-20, 04:58

BF:

wow the posts are flying and everyone has great stuff to share

Nicco that was a fab post to read. You wrote it well and it feels like I was there with ya going thru the celebrations. It is one for the record books when they look back and know everything was different than the standard ceremony. Kinda cool, it is that memorable story that can be shared later in life and say, hey I had it different but darn it was great....good times in bad times

Jaz you sure meet characters at your job LOL 89 and too young for an old folks home. I sure get that. I don't think many of us feel our ages at all, I still think like a 21 yr old a lot of times LOL but the old body sometimes won't agree on that!

Smart your life is to be about you who knew right HAHA We do for others but at some point, you are so right. What do we want and how do we wanna roll and how do we want to live our day to day life? Choices/decisions etc. are so personal on it all but in the end, you gotta do you. What do you want? When ya know you go for it all, hook line and sinker

Blue very cool about your son finding a real good new home option and he is settling in and doing great. It had to be hard to feel homeless and then get into a global crisis situation and more but in the end he came thru ok. I am very happy all settled so well for him and of course that means mom is feeling good too LOL Kids doing well, moms and dads are feeling fine also

Lori the ticks are out to get him LOL but they sure are around aren't they? Pain those little buggers.

Your food box sounds good...must be nice to look forward to your packages. Something different and it comes right to your doorstep.

You got 'poof' from the site....oh gosh when I hit reply I hope I have no troubles!

You got a very active week planned and yea it made me tired reading how much you will be moving LOL

-----hey all
just packing and this and that cause I need a change of scenery and the smell of salt air so bad!! I will take whatever I can get on trips when I can nowadays.

Like Blue mentioned being in the RV means SO much vs. a hotel and it makes a world of difference in it all for me right now. Plus the beach will be almost empty as usual. Day Use area on the beach is far up the coastline from our campground entrances to the beach and in the end we always feel like we own the beach to ourselves cause with a campsite capacity of like 120 total, there just aren't many people using our beach areas at all so that is great!

I tried on bathing suits and I got a good bit of them. My standard go to black suit is baggy and I have to say I am sad, I love that thing, but I am thrilled it is baggy as heck in the butt and tummy area. I also got into a smaller size suit I love but was so dang tight but now I can wear it....still a tad tight but doable and of course, wear it and stretch it out a bit LOL

Don't be thinking I am some twiggy....those lbs I lost were gained lbs and the extras are slow to come off now but goal is on my mind, working to get there, just doing my thing......but it was so darn nice to get into clothes I could not before, into a bathing suit I had left behind and never wore cause I never got there. I don't know what it is with bathing suits but I need big sizes....the material? the manufacturer for sizing? I don't know but if my size is whatever, I have to go up like 2 sizes to fit a bathing suit LOL Oh hell, forget sizes, just get what fits well and enjoy it no matter what the tag says. But I 'shopped' my dresser and found everything I put away that I got too fat for now fits again and I am thrilled about that.

I say onward and downward for me on that darn scale. Might take a while but I got time to get some more lbs. off and kinda land where I wanna land for that comfortable in your skin feeling and to feel healthier ya know.

head to mom's house today for shopping etc. the usual.

home to do whatever.

all good

great day everyone!

so edited to say I am darn near down for the count darn it. Neck. I think it was when I carried out the washer from the house with hubby. Plus I have been carrying those darn azz heavy doors etc. for that reno we are doing and last few days my neck has been super stiff but doable ya know.....woke up more iffy on hurting, and I went to grab clothes out of the dryer and whammo….full hurt. Down side of neck, into top of shoulder and into turn of upper arm. I HOPE TO HECK it is not my neck....remember I had neck surgery way back in the day and have been super great.....I am hoping for muscle pull and I think that is what it is cause if it interior neck thing again I will go ape. I just took one of my 800mg big azz Ibuprofen pills. Will kill my gut but should help my neck.

oh well....told hubby a minute ago before typing, DON'T ASK me to carry doors, dryers, camping crap and more. I ain't lifting a darn thing period til the day I hit the grave now LOL and to think I would throw around 70 lb. bales of hay like they were nothing.....now I hope I didn't f up my trip we shall see.

ok that is my life, hope everyone is better than this LOL

Last edited by Whirrlly : Wed, Jun-03-20 at 10:44.
  #1060   ^
Old Wed, Jun-03-20, 18:46

BF:

OMG TRIG- can you get some muscle relaxers like Flexeril? Callyour doctor or something? That SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Godspeed on felling better fast. We (including Me) after my fall and neck issues will have issues that come and go I know for ever going forward.
My dear WE ARE NOT 21!!!!!!!- Let the lifting for the man!
Keep us posted!!!!!!!!

You need a good get aways- some sun and rum= no issues!!!!!!

LORI- OMG I HATE BUGS- Ticks, all of them....... Omg. So do you and he do tick checks daily as he works outside?

So cool you are still loving your food boxes.

BLUE- Nic/ HIYA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you had a great day!
-----------------------------------------
Busy day- I ended up having to train a new gal today......... and deal with all I am dealing with.

My little guy who is to "young" to go to assisted lived living is leaving tomorrow. I could take that little guy home in my pocket he is such a doll.

I have several of those right now. SWEET SWEET people ......
But so so busy.
Right after work I came home and my co worker followed me to pick up a flower out door table I was selling. she hung around for two hours.
We had a very awesome conversation. She is a mom of a young adult black mentally challenged female girl. She lives at home and is getting special school still.

It was such an interesting conversation to have. We are two women who don't see color yet it is there. We are both mom's. My kids are older yes- but we both have had challenges. It was so interesting to get her perspective and think about things I have never had to think about. Above all - we have such a deep respect for each other as people. I just wish everyone could do that.......

Truly at the end of the day do we not all want the same things?
To love and be loved, family, be productive. I get it- ..... and will leave it at that.......

We have this amazing holist new doctor who is just passing though but she is all about diet and prevention. We have had some MAJOR discussions regarding food, prevention, and heart disease.

So today I spoke up and ask her thoughts on Statins...........

And at that ladies it will be a cliff hanger as I am SO beat......

So ya'll better be here for part 2............ ROFL ROFL HAHAHAHAH
  #1061   ^
Old Thu, Jun-04-20, 03:43

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz.....I am waiting for Part #2! I would love to pick the brain of a Holistic Dr. I think that's why I so enjoy the YouTube videos by Dr. Ekberg. A holistic point of view instead of big Pharma.

I'm sure it was nice to have the convo with your coworker away from work. But....it made your evening short, didn't it? Hope you had some time to decompress before starting it all over again.

Trig...OMG.....don't go wrecking your trip now! I hope you got up this morning feeling better. Funny how lifting etc can sneak up on you....feels ok at the time, but comes back to bite you.

Blue & Nic....what's up?
------

It's Sub Thursday! DH & I have decreed that Thursday's we will get submarine sandwiches this summer. We did it last Thursday and it was SO good. Not the best for my WOE, but there it is. Last week after eating that for dinner, the next morning the scale was at a lower number. My plan is to not eat much until Sub time. Last week I only had about 100 calories all day and then the sandwich....will try that again today. I got turkey & cheese last week...probably the same today. So good.

Yesterday I had to delay my run due to a severe T-storm. Glad I didn't get caught out in that. Anyway, went out and did 5k(3.1 miles). It got hot & sticky after the storm, so it was a slog.

This morning I'm heading to the grocery store around 6:15, get that stuff home and then go out at 8:15 for a 30 minute run. Short & sweet.

Have good days!
  #1062   ^
Old Thu, Jun-04-20, 04:33

BF:

Good Morning-
I always get something "new" when I go back and Re-read your posts.

Trig- How I missed the part you you slimming into a "new" swimsuit is something! I just knew you would be into a different size this summer. Again I think you need to ahhummmm...... cough cough ...... tell us how much you have lost. I know it is not about numbers. Not at all it is about how you have transformed your body!!!

I love you have your camper RV. I think I could so RV as well. You have all the comforts of YOUR home away from home. You don't have to worry about who way there before you, if it's clean, if there is room. It your stuff. Your kitchen, your sheets and pillows. Yea- I could so get into it. The thing is though I just don't think I could do it single.
I would need help. So good for you the family helps in all of it.
SWEET you get a beach to yourself.

LORI-- I bet you are up and stirring. I hate it when I lose a post. I almost lost one last week and it was a fluke I got it back!!!GHRRRR Yup I got that!

How are things in your area? Sounds like you are humming along!

NIC-- I am still smiling over your "graduate dinner festivities!!!!!!
As a matter fact a gal at work was asking me what she should do for her son. So I told her what you did. She LOVED LOVED LOVED the idea! She said YES- I have a ton of pictures!!!!!So I am thinking she is going to do something similar. So thanks for sharing!!!!

Are you propping up your feet in a sweet glow of it all?
Speaking of kids- are your "kids" getting out more?

Blue-
- I hear ya on being motivated. It comes and goes, especially when you are making your own schedule. I have found that challenging as well.
I am keeping tabs on what is going on around the country. Your city being in the hub of the start of it. Well let me rephrase it- this has been going on a long time- but I think it was the icing so to speak.
Everyone is watching to see what happens to those police officers.

I am wondering if they will move that trial somewhere else. The issue is there is no place that has not heard what happened, unless you live under a rock. We have had some high profile cases here too that had to be moved for that reason. The outcome in those cases were the same!

How are you doing? People seem to have "forgotten" Corvid- is still lingering and well!
Thankfully for me in my unit the cases are going down a bit. However, the cases we do have are pretty serious.

I know that WOE is not top priority right now for you. I would say just do the best you can in the situation you are in and let it go.
I know for me I have to battle fatigue at the end of the day.The last thing I feel like doing is cooking after a 8 hour day and 40 min each way= almost a 10 hour day is cook. I think weekend prepping helps a lot.
I will say for ME- I just can't gain anymore. Just can't. I am smothering in my fat suit as it is.
----------------------------------------------------------
So............. Dr. B- as I will call her. Is pretty amazing in her knowledge. She is also an avid researcher. She thinks for the statin debate if someone has had an "event" they should be on a statin. for those of us that haven't had on- it DEPENDS on the calcium build up test.
I am going to look into this more. She said it is a test that is under 100 bucks and gives a pretty good picture of the scope of your build up.

I am still comfortable in taking it 3 days a week. I have had no side effects with that schedule. Plus it did drop almost 100 points to a safe level.
She is however a AVID plant plant based low carb believer. She does eat fish now and again. I will say however she looks DAM great.
She is not into exercise that much. But she is FIT!
She has done her research as well. She does not eat processed, or high starchy foods. She pretty much is into beans, greens, salad, nuts, avocados, healthy fats, and no sugar. She might have fish now and again.
We are not that far off as I could easily do that- minus the beans, increase the fish. Which is pretty much what I am working my way towards.

I will say I have only had red meat once in the last 3 weeks and I have noticed a difference. My tummy troubles are gone. I don't eat chicken anymore- but that was a result of Delaware and the chicken farms there. I now associate the smell of chicken and vomit. So the floor I was on in DE - people were given chicken broth while they were on clear liquids and sick. Then upgraded to chicken soup. I could smell Chicken "cooking" in the Tyson fields. It turned my stomach. Yea- so that is another entire ball game!

Gotta run-
Have a good day! I gotta cut my grass after work- it is a field!!!

Cross posted with you our early bird LORI!!!!!!
Yummy on the sub! I do miss those! - enjoy your day- we have a wet week going forward into next week!!!!
  #1063   ^
Old Thu, Jun-04-20, 04:33

BF:

Jaz yea I am waiting for Part 2 also. Like Lori I never chatted with a holistic type person and would also love to ask a few questions. I find that stuff so interesting.

Lori, sub Thurs is cool. So easy too ya know....no kitchen time and that is a monster plus LOL Last night I had kid wanting food and hubby circling the wagons for what do we got for dinner and I said get pizza. Hubby ran and got a pizza with junk on it I hate and kid likes, so I never touched it and luckily had no interest in it. Then they got wings each and got sicky sweet BBQ ones so again, no interest. They ate and I didn't have to cook or think about it. Takeout is great but I sure don't want it but it fits the family good enough I guess.

While I am typing you are at the store Early bird gets it done and over and I sure love that like you do!!

Hi Nicco and Blue.

SO LUCKILY that Ibuprofen did the trick. 2 pills. Woke up much better. But my tummy is gone. Those big horse pills kill my gut and got that icky feeling. Food will be no focus today and won't be eating much. Need a day to get over what those pills do to me. BUT I feel so much better, well worth it.

Just gonna chill a bit and take day on the easy side. I am going to give the dog a fast bath for cleanup for this trip. Need him smelling better. Do that later and finish up a bit of stuff for rv.
Very easy day here for me

great day everyone, enjoy!
  #1064   ^
Old Thu, Jun-04-20, 07:30

BF:

Trig- YAY on the ibuprofen working for you. I was worried there about your trip! That quantity will make your tummy feel icky though for sure so I get that it is off today.

I was THRILLED to read about your swimsuit try on and how that went for you! I also upsize on suits- they are meant to be tight and I hate tight. So nice that you could shop your closet and wear something that you love and couldn't fit before. That is REALLY GOOD STUFF right there.

Blue- I have definitely also gotten more emotional as I have gotten older too. Also, I just love hearing about your son. I think we all share a 'group mama pride' over our kiddos and hearing how he has done up his space (like you!) and is doing so well made me feel so glad. (with love from your fellow Oompa!)

Jaz- I am so glad your tummy settled down so well. Seems like you are figuring out what works for you right now.

Loved hearing about your patient. What a sweet man. I can tell you made a world of difference for him! LOVED everything about your post from Tuesday about your life, your perspective shift, your thoughts about how you want to live going forward. Just awesome.

Lori- UGH!! I hate when any of us loses a post. So stinking annoying!

Sub Thursdays sound like a great idea. So nice to know a day of the week is planned for and under control!

Does bug spray keep ticks off? I guess maybe some do. I've never thought about it!

•••••••••

Hi all! This week is freaking flying by. Just crazy. In fact, 2020 has been such a hell of a year and yet it too is flying by, oddly enough. The whole year is almost half over!

Yesterday was more of a down day. I will tell you this, one thing I miss on a hot day is being able to strip down as I get hot cleaning. I did the kitchen, vacuumed the main level and mopped the main level. I was SO HOT by the time I was finishing up!I miss the days of stripping down to my underwear!

Had my first social gathering of not-family last night. A good friend had myself and one other person over for dinner/pool. Her pool is heated and boy was it ever! Just slightly less than body temp. Of course it was a hot day anyway but it was great! We hung out and talked, and then after being in the pool a while moved to chairs and hung out more. She had a fire going which again, seems ridiculous, except it felt great being wet from the pool and then sitting there in swimsuits in the dark with the fire crackling. I got home around 11 and didn't fall asleep until around 1:30.. that is the problem with being an introvert and doing something social- it takes me a while to decompress afterward so I can sleep.

Today I am doing child care for the 2 year old that I have kept from time to time since she was a baby. Just for a few hours though. Her parents are super nice too. That is pretty much everything on the agenda for the week as of now.

Our pool should be about ready to be used, as far as water temps go, so yay for that! Dh and the kids should be getting the gazebo up this weekend too.
  #1065   ^
Old Thu, Jun-04-20, 14:48

BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Trig---Ouch! So glad its feeling better today. Yeah, it's humbling to realize that while our minds are all over thinking we're still young enough to do what we used to, our bodies are not always in agreement. I have to stop and think before I attempt some stuff---the bent over lifting thing is a bad combo unless you're work out woman. You and me, not so much.

Good to hear you're sliding into those smaller sized things at the back of your drawers. That is a much deserved reward for your incredible consistency.

Jaz---Sure sounds like you're meeting some good people at that job. I'm sure there are PIAs too, always are, but when there's good ones around it's easier to ignore the jerks.

I know what you mean about being able to have a great conversation with those whose lives and history are so different than our own. One of my besties and me have been having that conversation for over 30 years now. She has taught me so much from her POV as a black woman. She is the reason I say that while no one approves of the looting and damage---which at least here has evolved to bigger and more peaceful protests---I just wish folks wouldn't make it the headline in this conversation. The headline imo should be "how did we get here, and how do we get out of here." Because if we can't figure that out it's going to repeat itself, worse and worse every time. I don't want to live in "that" country.

Nic---It's funny, in our former lives, pre co-vid, I was more social than you, although less social than it sometimes appears. But now like you, I find the much fewer and shorter outings more tiring. It is one of the properties of the Thing I think that one can have so much less to do, yet such a hard time getting it done!

Pal, I am so jealy of your pool. When you've got it done, deck varnished, gazebo up, please send pix and I will try to work out my envy by living vicariously.

Lori---Man, I don't know how you can run in that heat and humidity. Seriously, I would pass out after one block. But boyo, I bet a cool shower feels like heaven when you're done. I remember that from my major work out phase when I did work out in our living room---no AC in that old house, but a good ceiling fan. Felt so good when it was over, for me I think because it WAS over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I let it happen. I let my husband cut my hair. Just the back length but it seems we had a different idea of the length I thought I indicated. I feel like the kid that just got the bowl taken off her head, Oh well, it will grow and I have plenty of hats. Good news is it sure does feel better in this hot muggy weather we're having. Also picked up a cap frosting kit at Walgreens. We'll see how soon I'm brave enough to do that.

Gotta run, meeting a neighbor in the back yard here for a socially distanced happy hour.

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Jun-04-20 at 19:28.