Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-02, 21:25

Plan: The Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 190/190/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up New Recipe

Hi All. Am new to the program and I think I am really going to like it. I was really tierd today but I think it is just getting used to not many carbs. I have this really good Broccoli salad recipe I would like to share with you. 3 cups broccoli
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1 small onion
5 slices of bacon cooked and crumbed
1/2 cup toasted almonds
DRESSING:
1 cup mayonaise
1/2 cup splenda
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
Mix 1st 5 ing. Make dressing and pour over, mix and enjoy.
Tip: I buy my broccoli fluoretts, almonds, real bacon bits, and sharp cheddar cheese at SAMS. The broccoli is ready to go. The almonds are in a big container and last a long time. The bacon bits are very good (they are reall cooked bacon, not immitation).
The sharp cheddar cheese is already grated, and I freeze portions in snack baggies, as well as the bacon bits. This all makes making this salad very easy. The recipe makes 4 nice size servings and only has 8 grams of carbs in it. The brand of red wine vinegar that I use is POMPEIAN. I HOPE YOU ENJOY.

Also for breakfast I make my eggs in a microwave egg cooker. It holds 4 eggs, I put 2 in it, slit the tops of each egg, sprinkle my reall bacon bits over it, top with sharp cheddar cheese and cook in the microwave. This is very good.

One more thing if any one wants to know a web site to look up carbs I found one. WWW.CalorieChart.com It has a lot of listings. Have a good day. Lisa

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-02, 13:59

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%
Default re: recipe

Lisa,

That sounds really good, thanks for sharing the recipe! If I steam the broccoli, I might be able to get my 3-year-old daughter to eat it too. Is it really 1/2 cup Splenda? That sounds like a lot.

Jen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-02, 21:41

Plan: The Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 190/190/150
BF:
Progress: 0%

The recipe calls for 1/2 cup sugar so I subsituted splenda. You could probably use a little less, or some other sugar sub.