Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 19:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 303/290/180
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Guilty Free Holidays

I think one of the ways of avoiding guilty is to allow yourself some flexibility. I decided before hand that that I would only participate in thanksgiving on thanksgiving day. I went to a friends house for dinner. Enjoyed the wonderful food. left with no left overs and today went right back into my low carb. Since I made the choice, to "go off" for one meal. I feel no guilt, I don't feel deprived.

So I would recommend planning your participation in holiday meals as a deliberate choice instead of a giving in.

This the second time I have been on Atkins - the first time I lost 40 lbs and I have kept them off. This time . . I plan to get down to 180lbs for my "fifth annual - fifty birthday party" ( 1.5 years from now).
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 19:46

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%
Default without the gilt

hi!
i, too, decided to eat what i wanted. i didn't waste any calorie or cheese, salad or quantities of meat. i enjoyed a small portion of mashed potatoes, sliced sweet potatoes, some turkey, asparagus, crab claws, lentil salad w/ corn, and an array of desserts. muffins, real cheesecake, cakes, pies, tarts, pastries, and chocolate dipped fruits.
we went to a buffet and enjoyed every bite. i did not overeat, nor did i finish one of the desserts. i took some bites from each, enjoyed it and moved on.
my fear was that the sugar addiction would come back into play, but so far today, i have been fine.
regards,
brenda
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 11:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/252/180 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Agree 100%

Planning leaves you prepared instead of in a panic. Having to make a choice at the moment ... or not having choices to make because of not planning ahead of time...

I planned to LC on Thanksgiving and made plans to support my decisions.... i was too afraid not to... I made Karen's no bake cheese cake.. as my treat.. and ate on plan...

I am planning to do the same.. make sure I make a great treat of Karen's for desert and then be certain I have things that support me..

For some reason.. I really have not appetite for sweets... I will get an occasionaly sweet tooth and I will make sugar free Cherry jello (love it) with Whipped Cream... love it ... love it.... and then I am fine...

Ramona