Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 12:06

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%
Default No Cheating in May Challenge

I've recently had a problem with cheating occasionally. Didn't cheat at all for my first 6 weeks and then BAM... serious problem. I've been okay for the past week and a half or so, but I could really use some support... As I'm sure a lot of you could! So I thought, hey... How about a challenge! Let's see if we can all make it all the way through May without a single cheat!

Would anyone like to join me? If so, just reply to this thread! Describe what kind of cheating problems you have and why it's so important that you overcome them this month. Any time you feel the urge, just run in here and tell us about it. Resist the bad foods!!

For me, I have problems with a lot of different carbs. I crave a lot. Usually the ones I give into are either fried foods or sweet foods. For me, my most important reason this month for wanting to stay cheat free is that I want so badly to be under 200 by the end of the month. Cheating will create serious set backs that may keep me from that goal.

So who's with me??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 13:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/139.5/120 Female 5'2
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 46%

Hiyas Miss,

I think I am going to join this challenge for other reasons. I have been really faithful to the plan so far but in the last week got hit with a lot of very personal issues and the stress level is high. Although I am in a support position with regards to this, it's taking a toll on me and I know when we are weak it's easy to forget about ourselves. My needs may be on the back burner for right now but I also recognize that I need to be true to me regardless.

May came barrelling in and ran us all over at my house, and come June I would like to be pushing the barrel back down the hill unscathed.

Count me in!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 14:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvxwickdxv
Hiyas Miss,

I think I am going to join this challenge for other reasons. I have been really faithful to the plan so far but in the last week got hit with a lot of very personal issues and the stress level is high. Although I am in a support position with regards to this, it's taking a toll on me and I know when we are weak it's easy to forget about ourselves. My needs may be on the back burner for right now but I also recognize that I need to be true to me regardless.

May came barrelling in and ran us all over at my house, and come June I would like to be pushing the barrel back down the hill unscathed.

Count me in!

Oh I completely understand. I've had a lot going on myself. A lot of bad stuff. Which means you reminded me of another reason I want to stay cheat free. We can get through it together! Let's not give up!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 14:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/139.5/120 Female 5'2
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 46%

I am sure we can support each other through the month of May. I usually find when things are tough the first thing that I stop taking care of is me, or sabotage myself.

So I guess it's important to remember that we have decided to do this WOE for very important reasons and to keep that in mind no matter what.

I did bake a ricotta cheese cake last night, low carb. Baking is very therapeutic for me. And it turned out incredible! Even SO did not know there was no real sugar in it, he couldn't tell!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 15:16

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 395/380/165 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I'd love to join this challenge. I've only been LCing for about a month, but I'm so scared I'll cheat. I try to come to the forum when I'm having cravings, instead of eating. I'm pretty sure I'm an emotional eater. When things aren't going right and I'm stressed out, my best friend was always food. Luckily, low carb got be away from that mindset..... and I don't want to return there. So... I would love to remain cheat free for the month of may. My weakness is salty and fried foods. Good thread missaec!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 15:33

Hey, GAchic! I'm from GA too! What part are you from?

I'm sure we can all be cheat free. Maybe we should start thinking of things to do when we get cravings aside from actually eating what we crave. Like Gachic said she comes to the forum.

If I get a craving, I'll try to eat something else low-carb that's as close to what I'm craving as possible. It usually helps a lot!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 15:52

BF:

I'm also from Kennesaw,GA! My next goal is to exercise when I get cravings...I use to do that on low fat diets. I got a lot of excercise in!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 16:30
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey! Can I join? Ever since Easter - a pretty big cheat - I've had a hard time getting my head on straight again. I've been skipping my supplements, eating too much processed crap, and getting serious carb creep.

My problem areas:
- Cheating while/after drinking. DBF always wants to go for pizza.
- Social cheating. The carbs and calories don't count as long as you're with your coworkers, right?
- Not keeping the kitchen stocked. My local (walking distance) grocery store closed early April, and now it's a pain in the butt to get fresh food. I have to take the bus.
- Less time. I've been working more lately and I've had less time to plan and prepare.

The solutions are self-evident. I just need to do it, not worry about the last few weeks, and take it one day at a time.

Last edited by Kristine : Mon, May-03-04 at 16:35.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 17:42
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Hi guys, I am in a similar challenge, but I'd like to join this one too. Anything to keep me disciplined not to cheat. I have been cheat free for almost three weeks now, but TOM is coming and that always means problems for me....
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 19:53

Plan: Atkins - Low-Cal
Stats: 145/128/120 Male 67 inches
BF:10%/5%/2%
Progress: 68%

I'll join! I have a problem with cheating... it usually happens Friday night or Sunday evening of each week. I make it through the weekdays just fine and then the weekend rolls along and it just all falls apart, I end up feeling terrible afterwards. This should help encourage me. ^_^
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 19:55

BF:

I also have a hard time on the weekends. I drink more water on the weekends but with hanging out with friends and family and going to restaurants...It is so hard not to cheat.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 20:16

Part of my problem is I don't eat as much as I should.. I guess it's not something I think about a lot... But then I get really hungry and want everything. hehe So I've been working on it.

Kristine, I have the same problem. When I don't have enough LC food in the house I get really tempted.

I think I'll start trying to drink more water and see how that helps.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 21:24
Circling...

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/222/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Everyone,
May I jump into this challenge..... sounds like something I could use. I'm finally feeling pretty good about being back on the wagon but still have weak moments where I have "a bite or two" of something totally wrong! I find it's usually when I'm not equipped with something LC to stuff in my face. LOL!
So here's my goal list for May:

1) Plan meals ahead.... always helps to keep me on plan
2) Keep fridge stocked with LC alternatives
3) Run here when feeling tempted
4) Weigh myself on May 31st...... (avoiding the scale at this time)

Thanks for starting this Missaec!
Good luck everyone!
Cheers,
Gypsy
  #14   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 22:34

I so couldn't avoid the scale all month. I'm a scale-a-holic. Although, I should probably borrow your goal of keeping the fridge stocked. I never have enough LC food around. I don't cheat at home though. I only cheat when I go out to eat.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 07:56

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

I'll join! I've been cheat-free since May 1 and plan to continue!