Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-28-20, 13:50
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 199/201/160 Male 68
BF:
Progress: -5%
Default Inflammation follow up

I ask a question here about a month ago regarding inflammation and keto and got a lot of good replies, but I want to credit one from bob-a-rama for motivating me to try an anti-inflammatory diet for 30 days.

The short answer is that I do feel better. The longer answer is I wasn't focused on weight loss for the last month, but I did lose a few lbs and while I didn't get an immediate dramatic result as some people mention, I don't have the same stiffness and general feeling of an old man when I get up from the sofa or driving the car for a long period.

In fairness, I can't say I followed any specific diet 100% for the month. My Google research shows, as with any diet, lots of different camps, with their own lists of food, anecdotal and scientific studies, but they do all seem to agree on eliminating sugar, flour, dairy and processed foods. I did eliminate some fats like egg yolks, bacon and fatty cuts of beef and replaced them with avocado, olive oil and peanuts. I'm not sure if that will be a permanent change, and not sure if this is related, but my heartburn (acid reflux) is much better and I have reduced by half my Famotidine and eliminated Tums entirely.

My take away is I absolutely can improve my stiffness (inflammation) eating an anti-inflammatory diet. I plan to make some adjustments, increase my compliance and maybe adding some focus on weight loss. After the adjustments, I'll give it another 30 days and re-evaluate before deciding if further adjustments are needed.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-28-20, 19:45

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Thanks for posting this. Many don't do the courtesy. Helpful! Glad you're still around and exploring.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-29-20, 10:56
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I think peanuts amp up my inflammation. Dairy does, for sure. I'm having some issues right now and I'm thinking about doing fish and veggies for a while.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-17-20, 17:55

Plan: Atkins DANDR/ Candida
Stats: 300/195.2/172 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 82%

I found that eating unprocessed, low carb helped my inflammatory repsonse a lot, also my reflux issues and sinuses, too. Research into candida overgrowths in the body link to all of these things so I went on the candida elimination diet to find my triggers and some were surprising. The overall picture for me is the low carb and unprocessed whole foods as the key.