Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 15:28

Plan: atkins/No Dairy
Stats: 194/148/134
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default TIME TO GET SERIOUS!!!!!!! A 6 week BLITZ!!!

How many of you have stalled and become discouraged??? Time to change programs. I still believe in the low carb way of living but I encourage any or all of you who have stalled with the same ol same ol to join me for a 6 week program where we watch our fat intake as well. That means no dairy, mainly protein and veggies... Who wants to join and lets post this weeks stats...Weight/Body fat if you prefer/and your committment level.

Here goes.... I am at 154 pounds, and will keep fat low, good veggies high and carbs low. I will committ 6 weeks to this program and will post daily, weekly my success and failures. This is day 1 for me and my committment level is HIGH. I will be on the beaches of Panama City in April and I WILL feel great about this body of mine. Thanks to all who want to participate and please encourage each other.

Today I started with a protein shake (mixed with water and sweetner) no carbs, no fat. MMMMMMMMd

Lunch was low fat turkey slices (no additives) celery, cucumbers and green beans (up to 10 carbs of veggies MAX). Lots of water.

Planning a dinner of turbo cooked chicken, with a medley of veggies and lots of salad with a mustard/sweetner/water in the blender dressing with a hint of dill. MMMMMMMM

Day 1 is feeling great.....as it always does!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 17:38
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 230/200/120
BF:
Progress: 27%

Yes...I am there too. I am so tired of going up and down the same three pounds. Over the weekend I made a similar decision. There is no point in doing something that is not successful. I am going back to the start and staying away from the low-carb store (cheesecake, crackers and chocolate) and eating more meat and drinking lots of water.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 17:51

BF:

Good decision susan.... stay connected and let us know how you make out....Do you exercise???
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 18:03
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power/BFL
Stats: 195/177/150
BF:30%/27%/21%
Progress: 40%

What a coincidence. I too am fed up (no pun intended) with a 6 week stall. I started the LC rotation diet just yesterday. Today is the Fat Fast day and I am about to go nuts. I am starving...Is it dinner time yet???

I'll check in on you guys in a few days and see how you are feeling. Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 18:47
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 137/122/115
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default hmmm

I need to get serious again as well..... What is this low carb rotation diet and where can I get more information on it?!?
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 18:52
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 137/122/115
BF:
Progress: 68%

where is this rotation diet... i am in a rut myself
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 19:04

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default So I would love to giveit a whirl...

however, I just went grocery shopping and I have tons of hamburger, chicken wings, and cheesecheese. So..I'll check in on you guys and maybe will join you next week. The only thing is that after Thanksgiving, for about two weeks, I ate mostly lean meats and veggies (worked out every day) and my weight loss slowed down more than ever. Well, I guess we'll see...

Good Luck,

E

Are you guys going to stay in this forum to do posts?
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 19:27
Registered Member

Plan: 10-20g per day
Stats: 169/129/125
BF:
Progress: 91%

HI Misselly,

What you describe is pretty much how I have been eating since August, and I am EXTREMELY pleased with my results. I am actually wearing skimpy tank tops tucked into shorts this summer!

I keep the carbs low, fat low, sodium low, and alternate exercising with weights with walking. A daily multi-vitamin and I suppose water around the three-litre mark.

I am soooooo close to goal weight! It was a real thrill today to mark that weight down into the 120s!

I won't tell you about the bad things I do!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 19:40

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Default I want to know...

Quote:
I won't tell you about the bad things I do!

I want to know...

E
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 04:57

BF:

babs...what do you consider bad? Erin wants to know.. To answer some of the questions I am not sure what the rotation diet is, but I know and from what TX-mama says.... there is a LC rotation diet. I am not sure what it is... What Babs describes as successful is what I am going to try for the next six weeks. Low carb, controlled fats and veggies (no, not carrots and potatoes) up to 10 grams per meal. This is not a ton of food, but eat when hungry. Use free foods,, like diet jello, crystal light, vinegar, mustard, herbs, all those exciting things, to fill in the times when you need a sweet thing. Well done babs.....how long has this taken you??
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 05:48

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 230/136/136 Female 5'5"
BF:

Hi Misselly, Im interested to read this today. What you describe is my induction, and I havent lost much since really, thats 5 months. Ive been trying to keep cals up to 10x weight in lbs. and fats to 65 %. This is what Im reading all over the place.....and what works for masses of people......

Im really confused by it all..... eating the fat gives me energy, so Im reluctant to give up , can you tell me what % protein and % fat you are aiming for ? are there any journals I can look at ?Or more sample menus?

I dont think I can bear to be hungry again, having been hungry and dieting most of my life, but I am anxious to see some progress soon. Surely there has to be an answer?
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 05:55

BF:

do not let me discourage you from eating till you are full.... i lost 40 pounds eating that way.... but not much since. my body has become wise to the low carb thing and has made adjustments to accomodate its incredible desire to store fat. I have been able in the last month to loose 4 pounds which is more than i have lost in the last 4 months..!!!! I have protein drinks whenever hungry, meals are done in the turbo cooker (chicken (no skin) and veggies (brocolli and cauliflower etc.) snacks are usually light jello. I do not intend on living like this.... I do this to change my body's response to the food I was eating. It has been tricked again and I think that is good. I went to a 6 week diet class (low carb, high fat, high protein) The newcomers all lost over 12 pounds and the old timers lost 0. We cannot give up because this is the best maintenace lifestyle I can think of. We believe in the concept, but we need to give ourselves a boost to get down another 10 pounds.... agree???
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 06:01

BF:
Default DAY 2 FOR ELLY

ok.... I AM SO SERIOUS ABOUT THIS I WILL POST EVERYTHING I EAT.....YIKES.......... THIS IS A REAL CHALLENGE.... JOIN ME AND BE ACCOUNTABLE TO SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOUR CAT!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...?Owner=misselly
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 09:28
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 230/200/120
BF:
Progress: 27%
Question

Misselly,

I am curious...while you have been stalled have you still had purple keytone strips? I have found that mine have been noticealble tan until I dropped the problem foods. Is it possible to still be purple and not be losing?

Last edited by SusanD : Wed, Feb-20-02 at 15:50.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 10:16
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

hi everybody,

We've moved your Blitz to the Group Journals, so folks can find you here. Good luck in your efforts

Doreen