Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-01, 04:03
Registered Member

Plan: Modified for women induction between 10-15 gms per day
Stats: 135/135/120
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up FINALLY!!!

Ok group I am finally back to my start weight at least!!! So I am down 4 pounds. I think those carb solution bars were what held me up. I am definately down inches now too and can't wait to see what I weigh NEXT friday. Down 4 more would be good!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-01, 07:12
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile Yayyy!

Dalene, that is so terrific. I'm so glad you stuck with it ... explored, searched, reasoned ... so many folks can't be bothered and give up. I just know you're going to be successful to reach your goal.

Doreen
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-01, 07:35
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hey Doreen,
Thanks for your support. It is easy for me to stick with this diet, I like what I can eat and you know in my adult life I have tried many many diets, this is the only one that I have been able to loose and MAINTAIN my loss on. I am a carb addict and so I will NEVER be able to eat carbs like I use to again. But I feel so much better NOT eating them it makes it OK!!!! :-)

Onward!!!

Dalene
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-01, 08:47

Plan: PPP
Stats: /////////// Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 18%

I'm so happy for you, Dalene. I think one of the best thing about low-carb is the way those cravings disappear. Gotta love it!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-01, 09:27

Plan: Atkins(minus fiber)
Stats: 175/160/140
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default hi dalene

Hi Dalene,
here are a few suggestions which might help.
make sure you are drinking alot of water, but it helps sometimes to drink before you eat so you don't eat too much. In Dr.Atkins New Diet Rev book, he says to eat until full, but not stuffed where you can't eat another bite. By drinking water before by 10 minutes will let you know if you are really thirsty or hungry since the body's thirst signal is not very good and we mistake it for being hungry. You could be thirsty but not hungry!!

Try the asian rule i think its japanese:
They say to keep 1/3 of your stomache empty. i haven't tried it myself or haven't been able to stick to it but i'm going to try it myself since i'm having problems losing too.

regards,
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-01, 13:36
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins, Carb Solutions,my own modified
Stats: 156/128/&;130
BF:
Progress:
Default Weekend blues

Weekend has been over for two days now, I weighed on Monday and seen that I weighed 129lbs. I'm on this popcorn kick, craving popcorn, so I bought por rinds, not the same though, Water is my down fall don't drink enf of it, I drink alot of tea and diet pepsi. Haven't been outside working in the yard its over 100 degrees out (ouch). We are going to my sister-in-laws house this Sat to go swimming, taking our 2yr old grandson. So I know if I'm going somewhere like that I crack down on the diet more. Funny I should have something like that every weekend, I'd never gain the weight back Silly I fret over my body being so flabby (age) and someone to see me as it is to see my grey hair. I've been dying ever since I noticed grey back when I was 16. And I mean alot. The imaging of ourselves are the worst. Off to another day of wrestling with a pounder.(LOL)
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-01, 06:32
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default nothing this week!!

Well I thought for sure I was on a roll, cracking down completely on almost all my carbs. But from Friday to Friday, I lost 0 this week.

I did have ALOT of ground beef last week so I am thinking maybe that doesn't digest through my body as well as chicken or turkey. This week I cooked a turkey breast in the crock pot and made a huge turkey salad, a few onions, bell peppers, celery and mayo. So that is my breakfast lunch and dinner for the week with some smoked tuna dip and pork rines to add some variaety. Hopefully I will see more results again!!!

Dalene
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 17:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167/149/135
BF:
Progress:
Smile Plateaus

Hang in there. I have been on the Atkins diet twice. I started it two years ago, stayed on it for 4 months and lost about 20 lbs. Then my love for carbs gradually took over til I was lost in the addiction again. I gained back 30. I restarted it on August 1st of this year and have lost 18 lbs. But the biggest plus is that I am fitting into clothes that I wore when I was at 135. My biggest words of wisdom are these: Exercise, drink lots of water, eat 6 mini meals instead of 3 regular ones, and don't worry about the silly scales Instead, go by the fit of your clothes, and the tone of your body. Its just too easy to get caught up in the numbers. Good luck!!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 19:04
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Dalene, why don't you go over to Group Journals and Projects in the Journal forum and see what we've been doing. It has been a stall breaker for many of us.

Karen