Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 16:38

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

What? Day 2 and no new questions posted on the board outside this thread? Hmmmmm. How strange.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 19:17

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Therese-Glad to hear that 40g carbs is working well for you so far. I actually made the huge jump from 20 to 60, which might sound drastic. When I first made the jump, though, I cut way down on calories (mostly fat) for a few weeks, but was able to keep the weight moving once I added the fat back in. I was always so afraid of what would happen if I were to raise the carbs b/c I wasn't losing on 20, so it seemed counterintuitive that I would lose on more. Keep a close eye on things, and you might even be able to go higher. 60g is perfect for me to get down to a reasonable weight and I do not feel deprived at this level. I can have lots of cottage cheese, fruit several times per day, yogurt, nuts, LC milk, and of course tons of veggies! What else could I possibly want? Keep us posted on your progress!
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 07:07

Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

It's hard to believe that the fourth is so close! My parents are bringing down another load of their things, so we'll be unpacking this weekend. I'm planning a barbecue in our backyard for Monday. Our little town is celebrating the 4th on Monday. I'm going to a family reuinion Saturday. I think I'll take some protein bars with me just in case they don't have anything for me to eat.

I bought me two new tops for my reward for cleaning Chauncey's room. They were on sale for $4 each. Can't beat that. I hate to pay a lot for clothes I won't be wearing long. They are a size 18-20 which feels good to me because I was wearing a 26-28 and they were getting tight!
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 07:33

BF:

Song, you are doing sooooo well! Your dedication and positive attitude are an inspiration to us all!
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 07:48

Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Bawdy - thanks!

I forgot to say, I did my walk this morning. I forced myself to do it, I was so tired, but I did it anyway. 3 miles a day times 5 = 15 miles this week.
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 08:10

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Song, you rock!!!!!

Elaine
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 13:12
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi everyone!

:: munching on a late lunch ::

Hubby is taking a nap, and I am here online supposedly trying to get directions to the theater for tonites show... we are going to see Jeff Foxworthy..he is taping a new show.. called working man or something like that..It could only take us 45 minutes to get there, then again, with atlanta traffic AND being a holiday weekend, it could take us 2 hours.. so we are gonna leave here around 5 to be on the safe side. The doors to the studio close at 730. We are taking our son, gave him a ticket for his 19th birthday.

We could use some prayers over that kid.. his latest is..he has now moved, and living in a house of a drug addicted older woman, who is on her 28 day rehab, but according to ds its just for formalities, she is not really a druggie, nor are there drugs in that house.

And I just got off the turnip truck..

Office update: Did meet w/ the owner AND the contractor, they are running behind schedule with getting the salon finished, so it may not be until mid august or sept..but it seriously looks like a go, AND he lowered the rent by 300.00! So that is excellent...... The contractor sees no problem with having a bathroom and a laundry hook up and extra insulation for sound proofing. I also get to choose colors, floor and wall styles and fixtures to some degree..... So..if its meant to be, it will pan out.. which I hope..if not..then the door will close and I wont get stuck some place I dont belong.

Song.. I have some rooms that need to be straightened and cleaned.. I will barter a massage for your cleanup time!!
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 14:36

BF:

Hi Dawn, hope you have a good time tonight.
OK, second goal met-went swimming today.
Bawdy, the Tequila has been bought for the weekend. My Bob's Margharita mix is soooo happy!
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 17:44

BF:

Dawn, it sounds like things are going your way. I really love comedians, and Jeff Foxworthy is one of my favorites! I wish I could see him in person. Your son sounds like a typical 19 year old. He thinks he's an adult, but there's just so much he doesn't know. Just be grateful that you seem to have a good relationship with him. When I was 19 there was no way I'd be caught dead going somewhere with my parents!

Song, I meant it. You're doing great. I'm sure the walking is helping. If you can get into the habit of exercise, it's a good "catch-22." You start walking, and you feel better, and you feel better, so you want to go walking, etc.

We have a new poster in the forum today; goes by the name Bigshot. Wendy and I have already welcomed him. It sounds like he might need a little advice from time to time, at least to get going. Any advice or kind words would, I'm sure, be appreciated.

Anyone hear from Orang lately? And whatever happened to the Reverend Yeti? Think all us ladies scared him away?

Wendy, whatever are you going to do with all your free time until summer school starts? I'm really envious of teachers, until I think of what you guys do for the rest of the year! No thanks! I'm just glad there are wonderful, patient people like you to teach the kids.

Elaine, keep that mix cold. I bought an extra-large bottle of Jose Cuervo gold. I might even splurge and buy some chips and cheese or salsa. Just a small bag. Hell, it beats my dinner of last night (2 glasses of red wine and half a pack of saltines). No lectures, please. I'll get back to "real" food someday, I promise. In the meantime, my 10s are still loose.

I've been thinking about Wendy's challenge to list 5 things you like about yourself. I didn't answer then, but here goes. I'm serious about all these things, even though they might sound frivolous.
  1. I have a very nice nose. Not too wide, not too narrow, not too long, not too short. Very nice.
  2. I have perfect thumbs. I know, but I do.
  3. I'm honest. It's very hard for me to lie, so I don't. This doesn't mean I'm hurtful and tell the harsh truth all the time. I'm of the old adage, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."
  4. I'm loyal. I've never cheated on my husband. I've never even come close. Or even wanted to come close. As a friend, if you ask me to do something for you, I'll do it.
  5. I'm a very hard worker. I want things done well. I don't leave jobs half done or half-a$$ed done. At least not anything that matters.
All in all, I think I'm a good person. (Flashback to the movie "Monster" in which Charlize Theron says that she's a good person, right after murdering a couple men!)

On the other hand, thinking about the "what I hate about me" list, if I could magically change one thing physically about me, it would be to give me a flat tummy. Even as a child I had a round pot belly and I've always hated it.

(I can imagine all of you nudging each other and saying, "Geez, what's with Bawdy tonight?!?!?!?)
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 23:28
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%
Wink Dawn's top 5

yawns..its 1 am.. hubby just went to work, which means I can now go to bed, without the snoring and the snooze alarm..

Been thinking and missing orang too.... wish she had a journal...

gonna be lazy and copy from my journal:

Jeff Foxworthy..Got there at 6:15.. doors opened ..or were supposed to open at 6....was told that we could get in line, and be considered standby.. cause they were already full.. Apparently they gave free tickets off the internet, and it was a first come first serve thing.. and I heard that they started lining up at 4pm... I like him too, but not enough to stand there at 4pm til 7 even if I had known about it! We stood there til 8.. and the doors closed, without us being able to get in..we were like ....... 10 feet from the door by that point! I guess if we had gotten there even just 20 minutes earlier.

How VERY disappointing.. kind of a true finish to that kind of a week.. murphys law.. moon in retrograde ( dennys meal moons over my hammy/homey!) and thank goodness we had found a free parking spot, not paying 10 bucks to park, that would have added insult to injury... We were disappointed, but there wasnt a thing we could do about it...

But, on the good side, we did get to have dinner again with son..( well WAFFLE HOUSE 'dinner?' ) and had a very good heart to heart, and called him on some things, and just laid it out for him.. in a non threatening manner, cause I am truly concerned about where he is living.. i wouldnt even put my dog in there as a kennel!! It is AWFUL.. I mean gross/filthy... etc.. you name it..no a/c.. broken windows.... and ..well.. trailer trash to the extreme. its not even funny..and I think he is waking up a bit ..finally..after a year of screwing up out there... he is supposed to be coming by tomorrow after he is finished work.. I hope so. will see. .wont count on it tho... if he does..he does..........

Who's doing fireworks? I love fireworks.. and a really good display can and has moved me to tears.. I think the best one I have seen in the last few years that did that..was down on Ft Benning.. and it was after 9/11..and emotions and feelings were high and raw.. we had relatives there, being from staten island... as many of us did.

I like your list Bawdy. I admire your tenacity and honesty..as those are key things with myself as well, and I do have a high standard, and I hold those around me to them as well.

I will hop over and say hi to the big shot.. its good to post memos here so we keep an eye on those popping in like that..

5 things Dawn likes about Dawn:

1. Willing to learn and try new things.
2. I am hospitable.
3. I am creative. ( just look at the weight thats been listed on my drivers license for the last 15 yrs! LOL)
4. I have gorgeous green eyes.
5. I am an excellent Massage therapist and teacher.

I dont say the last in a cocky manner.. I truly say it in a voice of thankfulness and incredible awe at where I am today in comparison. I have always exceled at whatever I set my mind/hands to.. but this time it's been different. I am where I belong. I am honored that I get to be part of facilitating other's healing journeys. And I do not take it for granted.

What would I would change about me?

I am still working on the 'be anxious for nothing' part of me. I know it's all about perfect timing, and I have greatly improved on rushing or forcing things to happen...but I still have a long ways to go.

Body wise: My breasts- uplift and inspire.. lets hear it for uplift and inspire, instead of droop and drag.. . Or hell.. at least get them both to be the same size!

Guess I had better try to get some shut eye.. I did schedule a 90 minute client tomorrow cause dh was supposed to only work the morning .. but now he wont be home til late aftn/evening..
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 04:22

BF:

Dawn, that really stinks about the show. I guess that's the problem with open seating.

To everyone, I just wanted to mention that I've been helping out BigShot and just posted a food chart and a daily food intake chart that I've used in the past with PP. The daily chart divides the food up throughout the day, as recommended by the Eades. I think it's Post #6 in the thread. They are Microsoft Word docs, and you all might find them helpful. Just a thought.

I'll catch up later. Off to make some coffee and get both eyes open.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 06:02

BF:

Bawdy, since you have a big bottle of Jose Cuervo, here's a recipe from the Low Carb and Lovin It show on food network:

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
1 clove garlic
1 cup tequila
1 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup sesame oil, optional
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 1/2 pounds London broil
Cilantro leaves, for garnish

In a blender, combine all ingredients except London broil. Process until smooth. Place London broil in a non-reactive container and pour marinade over top, turning it to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 to 6 hours before cooking.
Preheat grill to high.

Place London broil on white hot grill, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, flipping the steak 4 times (cooking time will vary with thickness of the steak).

Let steak rest for at least 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain of the meat and on a bias for wide but thin slices. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 12:34

BF:

I'll try that. Since there's only one of me, I'll probably cut the recipe at least in half.

Here's another good marinade for beef:

2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp cumin (ground)
1 tsp coriander (ground)
1 tsp chopped garlic

That's it. This will be enough for about 1 1/2 pounds of beef, believe it or not.

Make plenty, because it warms up well. I just set some out to marinate for dinner tonight.
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 13:00

Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Hi everyone. I woke up with a fever and sore throat today. I've been as high as 101 degrees, but am back down to 99 degrees now and feeling a bit better. I have no idea why I am sick in the middle of summer. I haven't even started teaching summer school (starts Tuesday), so I couldn't have gotten it from kids. Blah! This is no fun. I did have a good time last night though, seeing Red White and Boom. It was wonderful. Saw it with DBF. Tonight I was supposed to go to a patriotic concert, but that's not looking too promising Just wanted to check in and say hello.

P.S. It's very cool that many of you also wrote a list of the things you like about yourself. It helps me learn a lot more about you, and hopefully helps us remember what's most important. Have a good weekend!
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 14:21

BF:

OK, since I am having a LC margharita (or two-damn these things are good )as I write, here are 5 things I like about me.
1. I have great eyes (brown).
2. I'm funny and make people feel better when they are ill at ease or depressed (wish it would work on myself )
3. I went from being divorced with no job 10 years ago to working in the Pension area at a major mutual fund company with Series 6 and 63 financial licenses. I am taking care of myself.
4. I am climbing out of some major debt I inflicted on myself.
5. I have a good thick head of hair. Somedays I just have a good thick head

Wendy, I hope you feel better. Dawn, I'm sorry your show didn't happen last night.
Hi to our newbies in case they drop by the thread
Elaine
Closed Thread