Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-12, 10:54

Plan: LCHF/IF
Stats: 268.8/242.4/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizKitty
For me it's just a sudden feeling of being overheated, with sweaty face, I have to fan my face furiously. At night time, I will wake up BEFORE the heat hits. I will lay there wondering what woke me up, and then feel the heat coming on. So the answer to what woke me was the adrenalin surge that precedes (or causes) the heat.
Hot flashes were really ruining my life this time last year, making me miserable all day and waking me hourly thru the night, ruining my quality of sleep. Night after night, never reaching a level of deep sleep - no wonder I was depressed and couldn't lose weight. It was such a relief to get relief from that!

This is me! Earlier this year, hot flashes were happening several times a night. I've notice that they've abated a lot since I went back to LC and am losing weight. I hope that 's a sign that they will continue to lessen.

I'm not on any hormone replacement. I'm 59 and I've been past menopause for about 6 years now. I've wondered about going back on hrt, but I'd rather do it without the synthetic stuff, if possible.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-12, 13:39
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I decided to dump the hormones. It was making weight loss harder, which I definitely don't need, and the progesterone was really making me feel rotten.

At least I tried!