Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 08:19

Plan: my own plan
Stats: 235/138/130
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default Why am I so much sharper?

Ever since I've been on this diet, nice things have been happening. Slowely, my teeth and hair and skin began to look better. My enegry is off the charts. I no longer dread that horrible feeling of waking up and not being able to get out of bed because I'm still so tired. It's great.....only problem is I can't ....you know....going to the bathroom is hard.

Another thing thats improved is my alertness and memory and concentration. What's up with that? My mind seems to cling to things more intensly and it's easier for me to remember short term facts. I was wondering if this diet should take any credit.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 09:13
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I was wondering if this diet should take any credit.

Yes it should! You are no longer living in a carb haze. Another reason to never go back to carbs!

About your bathroom problem, are you eating any high fiber low carb vegetables?

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 11:04

BF:
Default no not really

My eating habits are pretty bad...

Meat, wendys salads, carb solution bars. That's about it. The problem is, I'm also on xenical. It's causing a paradox in my body. When I was doing low fat and xenical, I would go to the bathroom all the time. It was unpleasent. Now, the xenical wants to get rid of the waist but my diet makes it difficult. Because of this, my stomach feels queezy very often.

I tried going off the xenical and it made going to the bathroom impossible. Also, I wasn't loosing as much weight. I figure that I will go off the xenical but continue low carbing to maintain my weight after my wedding.

Btw, your picture is beautiful!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 13:15
Forum Founder

BF:

You're right! That is pretty bad along with the xenical. Why are you eating that way? That kind of diet really has me worried.

Have you wondered what you're going to do for maintenance or how you will sustain health and weight loss for the rest of your life?

Thanks for the compliment. Make-up and a hair-do can work wonders!

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 14:06

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Further....

you need more veggies and fiber in your diet! Increasing the fat and drinking more water will also help. You can also add psyllium husks to help bulk up your stools and make it easier to eliminate the waste from your body. Try to get more variety...you can't live on Meat, low carb bars and Wendy's salads forever and stay healthy!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 21:03

BF:
Default I'm getting a little better

I'm trying to eat better. I went shopping a couple days ago and bought fresh veggies so that I can have salad along with my meals. I'm taking a multi vitamin and flaxseed oil now. I can't promise that I won't stop eating meat(I mean chicken and fish) and wendys salads and carb solutions bars but I will always keep veggies in the house. Any info on high fiber vegetables is warmly wecome.

It's really difficult to make time to cook for myself. I usuially get home around 9:30 at night. My fiance works nights but even if he was home, it would be hard for him to eat my diet. (he supports me but hates this diet and has these stubborn eating habits)
Anyway, when I got home, I decided to actually cook myself chicken breast with peppercorn sauce and mushrooms with mock potato salad. I enjoyed it so much. My only wish is that I could make dinner for someone other than myself. That's my biggest reason for not cooking.

wow...this post is going on long. I'm sorry. I assure you, when my fiance is home and we go out to dinner, I make it a point to order the biggest most beautiful fish I can get my hands on and a huge salad. Then, I relax with a nice cup of decaf with cream.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 21:05

BF:
Default sorry to double post

where can i get psyillum husks? sounds interesting
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 00:58
Forum Founder

BF:

Advance preparation is the key. I always have some cooked meat around, washed salad greens, dressings and vegetables. You can make and freeze small portions of vegetables and meats so you won't have to cook all the time.

Look for psyllium in a natural foods store.

Karen