Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 15:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hope your having a GREAT DAY misselly!!!

Welp Im bloated still from that diet pepsi.& im officially sick of NUTS I knew that would happen im not a nut eater I decided I need to stop starving my body on NUTS & get back to induction but with very limited dairy actually only dairy ive fallen pray to is YOU NO (H/M LC cheesecake 1 slice a day)thats a hard one to get away from as IVE GOT JOHN SPOILED ON IT!!MEN I started taking my multi vitamins again & atkins dieters atvantage,acidophulis(for yeast),Co-enzyme CQ1o. I think I over did it doing all nut fasts probably depleted my nutrient supply my face started getting real dry & been tired.Well you learn the hard way right? Today Ive tried to have mostly fats to get this extra water out but tomorrow I'll have veggies too.Need to reread Atkins just to refresh my brain misselly Im so proud of you your almost to goal thats AWSOME GIRL!!!! My fat is stubborn too some peoples justs melts away with LC but mine takes its slow poke time.But Im noticing a trend now I'll stall a week or so then have a week I loose I think my stalls are just my body ajusting to its new weight.Welp better go

ps Praying for your daughter to have a safe & speedy return!!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 17:26

Plan: atkins/No Dairy
Stats: 194/148/134
BF:
Progress: 77%

Thanks for Prayer for Amber. I believe that she will be returned to us tonight safely. .... this is our church web site.... we are a Christian church.... quite charismatic...

http://www.kcf.org/

There is a large Apostolic church in Waterloo, city next door to us. I will pray for revival in your church. Do you listen to music from the hosana singers in Austrailia....??? Our praise and worship includes their songs as well as songs inspired by the music ministry at the church.... All very exciting. All 6 of my kids are involved and share our love for this church and its focus. Praise God for that!!!!!
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 17:47

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%

May I join your group? I need a 6 week blitz to whip my butt into shape?
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 17:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Welcome to the Group!!!!Happy LC ing!!!Weve been slow for a few days as misselly must be visiting with her dear daughter but Im sure in a few days we will pick back up more.
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 21:48

BF:

Hi Mel.... Hi Arnie
and welcome.... This is the place to do a blitz.... Mel is doing great and I have had great success. I weigh in on Thursday and I expect great results. I low carb without the dairy and high fat.... its working.... what is your situation...???
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 22:20

BF:
Cool Thanks

I'm so glad to join you guys. l LC period. I tried Atkins and Cad and I see that what works best is if I do protein and veggies while keeping my carbs around 25. I found that when following CAD I had absolutely no will power when it came to the reward meal. So, I have no high carb foods. So far I've lost 2 lbs, but I haven't been as strict as I should be. Now I'm keeping track of carbs and calories. The big Cs.
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 05:24

BF:

Arnie.... Welcome again.... Both Mel and I are serious about a change.... I have passed on to the group many times in other threads that I am fed up losing the same 20 pounds year after year..... I started at 194 about 2 years ago.... I have LC'd on and off and in the last 6 months been very faithful to LC. Problem???? I could not get below 160ish. As good as I was, the scale rarely moved. I changed as of Feb. 19th.....That was the beginning of the blitz and since then little to NO dairy...No cheese, no cream etc. Hence, calories are way down.... I drink alot of protein shakes that are low in carb and fat.... Its working..... I was at 146 pounds last week. Started at 154 (on the blitz). Also work out twice a day whenever possible.... Be faithful to you..... It will pay off...
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 14:50

BF:

Good for you!!! How did you find out that dairy was the problem?

I too have lost the same 10-15lbs over and over. I've done LC before, but never viewed it as a WOL, so some days I was good, but most of the time I was bad. This time is different. I've made up my mind that I'm going to do it once and for all.

Tell me, if you don't mind sharing, the name of the shakes that you use. I haven't been able to find one that's drinkable w/ lc low cal.

#99   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 05:49

BF:

Arnie....

My favorite is NHF (Nu-Spoirt Health and Fitness) WheyDelicious.

2 Scoops is 140 calories, 4 carb and 2 fatgrams

I mix with 3/4 cup of water 1 sweetner and ice cubes....

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I love it.... No strange after taste...

USE A BLENDER!!!!!
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 17:55

BF:
Default Thanks

Thanks for the info. My eating has been pretty consistent. The scale reads that I'm down 2lbs., so something must be working. My goal for next week is to workout at least 5xs next week.

I find that if I set mini goals for myself each week I do lots better than trying to do everything at once.

Where did you find WheyDelicious? I've been online and to the Vitamin Shoppe and I can't find it. I think a high protein shake would be a good substitute for my high fat breakfast.

Thanks,
Arnie
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 18:33

BF:

I agree... there are many out there... just got to find ones that taste good.... where do you live....???? I will try a nd help locate for you...
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-02, 13:44

BF:

I'm in the St. Louis metro area. I'd appreciate any help you can give me.
  #103   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 05:39

BF:

Joyce Meyer country.....Love her....

I will try and get you what you need..... Down again today.... Feeling great!!!!