Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#601   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-05, 21:59

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

rest day...what is it week 8? ive lost track...howd i do that?
Sponsored Links
  #602   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-05, 03:57

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:

someone please tell me how i can do 220lb deadlifts but only 50lb leg curls??? boggles my mind...

I hate deadlifts, haven't done them in ages, and I am so weak in them. All I can say is WOWZA to your 220 deadlifts!! I did 2 sets with 155 but had to drop back, just too heavy for me. It is mind boggling to me too, I can bench press 155 but can't squat it or deadlift it very well!!
  #603   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-05, 22:59

BF:

lol debbie...

kick ASS workout tonight! whohooooo! i am stoked as hell!

first let me edit my meal info to add this last bit of protein post wo...i planned to have my shake, but i only had half a farking scoop left...bummmmer...lol....so i drank that up and then added a 1/4 c. cottage cheese on the side...this equaled about 17g protein....that'll work....

taking my totals for today to:

Total: 2161
Fat: 88 788 38%
Sat: 33 294 14%
Poly: 10 88 4%
Mono: 25 221 11%
Carbs: 127 452 22%
Fiber: 14 0 0%
Protein: 212 848 41%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

its a tad high (cals and fat)...but nothing too bad...i actually like to stay within 1600-2000 cals on any lifting day...and when my carbs are higher i like to take my fats down lower, but since today was quads i am totally kewl with the 161 extra cals...and theres nothing i can do now about the fats... yanno?

ok...to the workout! hehehehee....my oh my i was really into it tonight!

Quad dominant workout ( with biceps):

back squats: 4x4~140lbs, 2x4~124lbs

lunges: 5x5~BW

SLDL: 4x12~100lbs ( hip/hamstring accessory...lighter weight higher reps)

incline db curls: 6x4~20lbs

barbell curls: 5x5~44lbs

db prone incline curls: 4x6~15lbs

whohooo! i am so excited about those damn squats! last week i was only able to do 2 sets of 4 ~ the 140lbs before i lost form and had to lower...this week i made 4 sets of 4!! yay!! improvement!
lunges went VERY well too...after those squats i thought maybe i might peter out, but i was able to use a nice slow, concentrated movement on my lunges...i only use bodyweight on these but lemme tell ya...im still FAT at 212lbs so these babies KILL...i betcha a zillion bucks tomorrow my ass and quads are going to be screaming for mercy! YEAHHHHHHH!!
next on the list were the hip/hamstring accessory SLDL's...the routine calls for 2 quad dominant exercises and 1 lighter weight hip/hamstring exercise for higher reps...i chose SLDL because these things really hurt! i make sure to keep the barbell very close to my legs the whole time and stick my ass out and keep my head up and back arched...HOLY SHIT these totally got my hammies burning sumfin crazy! i SWEAR when i leaned down for the second set i thought i would DIE they were burning so badly...but i toughed through for the 4 sets of 12 and i am STILL HIGH! what a rush!!!!! hehehee

ok..after leg stuff i moved on to biceps...

the incline db curls were niiiiice....i didnt swing at all and i really felt in control with the 20lb dbs...
next were those sweet barbell curls...i upped from 39lbs last week to 44lbs this week and they really werent all that more difficult! again...no swinging or help from my body...it was ALL biceps....KEWL!
last i decided to try a new one for me...the db prone incline curls....with these you have to get up on the bench on your knees and lean over the top of the incline and then curl the dbs up...they were a little more difficult than i thought, but i made it through all 4 sets of 6 and finished the workout with a HAYOOOOGE feeling of success!

MAN I LOVE LIFTING!!!

hope all is well with you all! ill be back in the morning to say howdy and see whats goin on in here ok?

night!

#604   ^
Old Sun, Aug-28-05, 00:16

BF:

ok...its way late...but i am happy to say i got in my workout!! YIPPEE!

Verticle Push/Pull:

pullups: 6x4~BW

db pullovers: 5x5~45lbs

bb rows: 4x6~110lbs ( 2 pronated, 2 suppinated)

db military press: 1x5~35lbs 5x4~35lbs

cubans: 5x5~39lbs

rear delt raises: 3 drop sets ( 8/4) ~ 10lbs/7.5lbs

seated calf raises: 4x12~150lbs

ok...the pullups were still not REAL pullups...basically bench pullups...but im getting better and better at them!

the db pullovers is with the 45lb db...i love these...they really feel wonderful!

i am pleased with the bb rows..i upped the weights this time from last time and really felt them...i actually kinda felt like i wanted to puke after i did these....YEAH! hahahaa

the db military presses were with 35lb dumbbells and OMG they were freaking HARD...i started out doing 1 set of 5 and then i realized i was supposed to be doing 6 sets of 4, so the next reps i did were of 4....whew...very very difficult!

cubans were next...i upped the weights to 40lbs this time and i really felt these in my shoulders...the last set kinda irritated my right shoulder...but no pain really...just a sore burn...maybe 40lbs is too heavy? at any rate i made it through...

next were the rear delt raises...i did the 3 drop sets with the 10lbs and 7.5lbs and man were my shoulders aching like crazy by the time i was done doing these! whohoooo!

last i did 4 sets of 12 seated calf raises...my calves were really really burning on these...a few times my right calf cramped up and i had to relax a sec...but i kept going afterwards and felt great about it!

good workout!

#605   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-05, 09:40
Battling the Bulge!

Plan: none specific-
Stats: 259.5/227.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:2high! (no idea?)
Progress: 30%

****Imagining Sir Mix Alot standing on those big fake butt cheeks in the video with the HOOCHIES all shaking their bootays around him******

BABY

GOT

BACK!!!!!!!!!!

You GO pammie! HE HE HE HE
  #606   ^
Old Tue, Aug-30-05, 06:24

BF:

lol donna...hehehehee....youre too funny!
  #607   ^
Old Tue, Aug-30-05, 17:46

BF:

Hip/Hamstring dominant workout ( w/ triceps)

deadlifts: 6x4~220lbs

leg curls: 2x5~50lbs, 3x5~45lbs

back squats: 3x10~94lbs ( quad accessory exercise...light weight higher reps)

bench dips: 6x4~BW

db extentions:5x5~20lbs

skullcrushers: 4x6~39lbs

okkkk...the deads were awesome as always...these are one of my most favorite exercise...i LOVE feeling strong!

leg curls were next...i think i must have trashed my hammies with the deads because i couldnt keep good form with the 50lbs for all 5 sets of 5...couldnt keep my toes pointed through the whole things....so i lowered to 45lbs for the last 3 sets and was able to use great form....REALLY felt these bigtime too...

next was the quad accessory exercise...i decided to do back squats ( ass to the floor)...and i also cleaned the barbell for all 3 sets of 10...these seemed really really hard for me today...but i made it through before i felt like tossing my cookies...YAY!!

moved on to triceps stuff next...bench dips were first...GAWD these KILL...for some reason my right shoulder started to ache by the end of these...i think i DO need to start back up on my rotator cuff prehab...

db extentions went really well...i like these...

last were the skullcrushers....these were nice too..i used slow, concentrated movement with these today and really felt a great burn!

MAN it felt great to get in a good workout! i cant wait to start taking the Nitro Evolution! hopefully it will really make a difference in my gains!

ok...time to go be a good little wifey and help hubby take a bath...hehehe...since he is injured he cant wash all this grease off so i will sacrifice myself and help...LOL....then its dinner cookin and Big Brother and Rock Star watchin for me! YAY!

have a most fab night all! ill be back soon!
  #608   ^
Old Tue, Aug-30-05, 19:06

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 328/237.4/182 Female 67 inches
BF:50+%/34%/20%
Progress: 62%

Wow Pammie,

As usual, your work out descriptions leave me feeling like a bit of a sloth!

How nice of you to help your dh.
  #609   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-05, 02:52
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Morning PJ!

I soooo agree.......Deads are my most favorite!

The NE thing sounds interesting........you'll have to let us know how it works for you. I'm not allowed to do it, as I'm still nursing. 's alright.......probably couldn't get it here, anyway!
  #610   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-05, 17:15

BF:

Horizontal Push/Pull:

rack pulls: 6x4~200lbs

bb rows: 6x4~110lbs ( first 3 pronated...last 3 suppinated)

db upright rows: 1x6~15lbs, 3x6~20lbs

incline db bench press: 1x6~30lbs, 5x6~35lbs

pushups: 5x8~BW

db flat flyes: 1x6~25lbs, 3x6~22.5lbs

db standing calf raises: 5x5~35lbs

obviously all the db exercises were with 2 at the weight posted...do i type that differently or is it pretty much common knowedge when i type db next to something that i used 2? hahaaa...

the rack pulls went great today...i almost didnt get in those last 4 reps, but i pulled through i made it and what a RUSH! whohoooo!

i love those bb rows...its amazing isnt it how different the pronated feel compared to suppinated? i used pronated for the first 3 and suppinated ont he last 3...very nice burn!

db upright rows today...wasnt sure what weight to use so i started with 15lbs...it felt a little light though, so i added 5 lbs next time and used 20lb dbs for the remaining reps...these felt great!

incline benches went fantastic! i have decided to drop the flat barbell bench presses for these incline db presses...although i cannot lift as much with the inclines they dont hurt my shoulders like the flat benches do so i am happy! i started with 30lb dbs but these were too easy, so i moved up to 35lb dbs for the last 5 sets and these felt fantastic! last few reps were HARD!

pushups were next...on my knees....leaning forward as far as possible....going all the way down to the ground and touching my nose to the floor and then back up....HARD! i can only use BW on these but i am determined to eventually do regular pushups...i have to keep trying!!

flat db flyes were next...i upped the weights on these from 20lbs to 25lbs but they felt a little too hard, so i lowered after 1 set of 6 to 22.5lbs...BTW how far down do you go with these flyes? chest level or a little lower? i usually go to a point where my hands are basically even with my chest and then back up...from what i have studied this is correct, but gawd they seemed harder than usual today...just wondered how ya'll do them....

last i did standing db calf raises....these were fine...i really felt the burn after about 3 sets, although i know i can up the weights on he db i just dont have any more weights TO add....ahahah...need to buy more plates...need money to do so...hahahhaaa...its on my wish list!

and thats the workout! yay!!

#611   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-05, 23:42

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Kickin' butt as always, I see!
  #612   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 04:47
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Morning PJ!

Nice workout! Re: flyes...
Quote:

Form:

Keep your arms bent at the elbow throughout the entire exercise almost as if you were hugging a tree.

The dumbbells should travel in an arc over your chest not a pressing motion.

Range of Motion:

Get a complete stretch across your chest at the bottom of the exercise but don't over exaggerate the stretch. This will place a lot of stress on your shoulder joints.

At the top of the movement, rotate your little fingers towards each other touching the end of the dumbbells together. This will help you fully contract the pecs.
from Max O/T.

So, basically it's where you feel the best stretch without it becoming uncomfortable on your shoulder.

HTH!
  #613   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 07:36

BF:

thanks Lisa! sounds like im doing them right then! yay!

just completed my morning HIIT! yippeeeeeeee!
  #614   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 08:56

Plan: ummmm....
Stats: 000/000/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:yes/it's/fat
Progress: 0%

what are you planning for when this 12 weeks is up?
  #615   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 13:20

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasha
what are you planning for when this 12 weeks is up?

more of the same...hehehehe