Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-12, 17:52

Plan: candida
Stats: 150/130/135 Female 70
BF:
Progress:
Default do i have candida and what can i do

Hi, I am a college student and have been really sick for the last few years. Doctors diagnosed me with everything under the sun (gastritis, heartburn, IBS, etc.) but no medication helped. Recently, my gallbladder came back as malfunctioning, so the doctors wanted that removed. After that, I began to try to fix myself. I tried an allergy diet (no meats, dairy, or pretty much anything). The only things I could eat were vegs, fruits, fish, rice and anything rice made but allergy free. After 3 months with that and pounds lower, I decided to go to a chiropractor. He said I had parasites, H. Pylori and parasite fungus. I could eat what I wanted and take his meds. I got super sick after the first few minutes with his meds. I went to another chiro and he said I have candida.
Here are my symtoms:
bloating (internally and lower stomach looks prego)
nausea
stuffed and gross after I eat
cramps
constipated/diarrhea
pretty much everything to do with my stomach

Those are my main symtoms by I guess I would say I get
headaches often
anxiety
acne
rash behind my leg
and other things like that

Anyways, I have been on the treatment plan/diet for about 2 wks. Within an hour from leaving the chiro, I got diarrhea which lasted 3 days. I had not even started the diet or meds yet but he said he igniteated the process. After the diarrhea went away, I started the meds. I'm on garlic cloves, candibactin, probiotics, vit D, dynamic greens, magnesium (for my constipations). About 3 days after I started the meds, I got diarrhea again. Its been about two weeks since my first meeting with the chiro and about 1 wk since I started the meds.
My diet is fruits (which he says is ok), vegs, meats, eggs, oats and I just had a whole wheat wrap which he said should be fine.

The diarrhea came first and lasted about a week and a half total. I have been very emotional, but I'ma senior at college and can't handle all this anymore. After the diarrhea, I thought that was the die off process but now I am the bloated, stuffed, gross feeling self again.

What is this? Did I have my die off? How long till I feel better? What should I do?

Thanks so much to anyone and everyone who replies.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-12, 18:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/186/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Step one, stop going to the chiropractor! Here is a very good assessment of chiropractic http://skeptoid.com/episode.php?id=4042&no_mobile=true

Although it was the penn and teller bullshit episode that convinced me against it.

Try a plain old MD
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-12, 18:57

Plan: candida
Stats: 150/130/135 Female 70
BF:
Progress:

I've tried several doctors and just looking at my gallbladder results, they shut down and say to take it out and come back if I'm still sick. That's why I went with a chiropractor/holistic doctor. I never liked them to began with but I personally know several people he has helped and so I thought I would try it because 6 out of the 7 people I personally know who had their gallbladders out really regret it now and I think I have a deeper problem than my gallbladder but I'm not sure what it is
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-12, 22:42

Stats: 245/189/145 Female 5"4
BF:
Progress: 56%

Check out this website.

http://www.harmonywellnessclinic.co...ointestinal.htm

Given your symptoms I am not sure it is candida , but I do think it is a gut issue.

http://www.gapsdiet.com/

The gaps diet has helped many with gut healing.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-12, 23:05
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there, and welcome.

I have a few questions for you. First of all, what exactly have the doctors said about your gall bladder? Do you have gall stones? And why on earth would you take the advice of others who say having their gall bladder removed didn't help, yet ignore the advice of your doctors? I can promise you that the vast majority of people who have had their GB removed feel much, much better, and are grateful to have had the surgery. Medical advice ALWAYS trumps the "advice" of friends, no matter how well meaning.

Secondly, what sort of tests did the chiropractor perform to come up with diagnoses of H. Pylori and parasites? Because unless you had a gastroscopy, he cannot possibly make such a diagnosis.

I would first of all very strongly suggest you start eating a low carb (this IS a low carb forum after all ), antifungal diet. Oats and wheat are just about the last thing you need. I have a very strong suspicion that just removing all gluten from your diet will make you feel a whole lot better.

Please let us know how you get on.