Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2836   ^
Old Wed, Nov-27-19, 05:41

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, yea your yoga sounded disappointing for sure. Thing is you rely on that class a bit as your 'to do' and get out of the house and I hope it only improves for you. Just go some and see if it sets well with you....best you can do I guess.

oh yea hubby had the deer in the headlights look when he held my statue up and it was dead meat. These are fancy porcelain types and they can't be repaired but I had to let him off the hook cause at this point stuff means so little to me. But geez ya know...lol...darn thing made it thru 25 yrs and a kid going after it and now only to have him snuff it out.

Nicco, you had me laughing....you gotta get out the carpet cleaner also I hate stuff on a carpet. The hardwoods I can clean so fast and easy....the darn carpets! ugh

You sound whooped. You find some chill time to relax or you gonna burn out girl. That was a busy day for you!

I do the ornaments for my kid also. Every camping trip to somewhere totally new we buy at least 1 ornament. This year she is hanging 3 new ones. The little table tree is getting overloaded LOL but when she sees the 'crab cage' ornament she knows it is St. George Island in Florida. The blue quartz is from Rock City TN and so on. I think we will get 2 from Toronto when we go. She loves her ornaments. Easy memories ya know.

I think this year since she isn't a 'true collector' of anything, I know she loves the ornaments that she will get passed on to her......I think I am going to buy her a fancy snow globe for each year of high school. 4 in total so when she puts them out each year down the road in her life she can say.....these snow globes were all about high school times. hey give the kid something ya know and 4 snow globes is enough for anyone HAHA Gotta go find me a cool one to buy....looking yet none of them float my boat yet.

Jaz....oh oh oh, on the perfume bottle collection!! I don't put much on stuff but those are my horses and I get how you say the sentiment is on them and when ya lose it, I guess ya just lose it and need to let it go.

Your new makup sounds so nice. It is fab when you get something that just makes you excited and feel brand new and all cleaned up and good....I get it. AND YEA good makeup costs a bundle. No doubt about that but happy you found some new good things you love. Not a splurge really in a way cause us gals need good makeup LOL

Blue....I don't spot clean like with an spray cleaner. I drag out the big old Bissel carpet steam cleaner machine. I use the liquid you put into the machine made by Bissell and it is just the best darn smell. When spot cleaning I lug this big bad boy around and just hit spots. I like it cause I put warm water into the machine and with the great smelling liquid cleaner it just makes the room smell so good.

Ahhhh, you took your little kiddo out over some nice pottery did ya Hey I get it I went bonkers on kiddo for a few things that was total damage stuff then one day I thought....screw that. Kids are gonna crap things and I sure crapped stuff on my mom LOL but hey all kids know they are going down a bit for something at some time It is sad tho when we nail them too hard and ya get the sad face I hear ya on that one.

Big snow storm. Glad you are stocked and cozy. Chillax. Take time for nothing Sounds like a great few holiday days for you guys. I think some of my best holidays is when nothing was going on and you can just not think thru them at all. rest, relax, cruise thru the day any way ya want

hey all

Today is Thanksgiving. Yea yea it is tomorrow but we are doing today.

Rack of ribs. Small filet mignons for everyone. Big old pile of old bay peel and eat shrimp. then yeast dinner rolls, green beans, sweet corn, baby red roasted taters, baked sweet potatoes, canned cranberry cause my mom and kiddo have to have it and pumpkin pie/whipped cream.

All I will eat is a few ribs, shrimp and steak. Most I might do is after everyone gets their load of whipped cream on their pie I might just shoot the remainder of that cream into my mouth right from the can
I say might.....cause I don't think I will trigger on it at all cause I never have before....but I am doing so great on plan why go there? So that is my call later today. Will let ya know after the big suspense if I did it or not.....did she or didn't she? HAHA

off to store in a while with mom for a fast trip for a few items.

Kiddo and my mom made the gingerbread house last night. disaster. the thing looks like a bomb went off. icing everywhere. slanted, ugly as sin, roof crooked and they love the darn thing, so proud of it HAHA

Today I am to bring out the Xmas tree as instructed by kiddo. Her time of year, just following orders LOL

All good. Holding tight to plan. Holidays don't mean food to me anymore, well they do cause just read what I am eating today but as long as I am on plan I did it for me and I am happy with me for doing just that.

great day all
Sponsored Links
  #2837   ^
Old Wed, Nov-27-19, 07:24

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Trig.....I'm sitting here laughing about your description of the gingerbread house! I bet they had lots of laughs putting it together, and how special is that? DD will remember doing that with her Gram and she will smile with the memories. I love the idea of the snow globes too! Easy to store and so pretty.

Your meal today sounds phenomenal! I'd rather have that than a big old turkey for sure. Enjoy!

Nic.....WOW...you had a job getting that Teacher Appreciation meal set up, served & cleaned up! Good thing the "flea" had you or she would have been up the creek!

Are you cooking tomorrow for your family?

Jaz...how fun to get a good makeover! Def go get that lipstick! It will last a good long while and make you feel good.

Blue...glad you got all your supplies in before the storm! Stay cozy & warm in your nest and just watch it snow!

------

I have some sore spots from yesterday's yoga class. We were up on our toes for some moves and my ankles are complaining a bit. Also feeling it in my hips. I'll go back again next week as I know it's a good class for flexibility and balance....just not as fun as the Sport Yoga. I was going to go to a class this morning called Chiseled. I guess you use light weights and do some cardio too, but I got up too late. I mean, I could make it, but I don't like to rush into my day. I stayed in bed until 7:30!! Gabby got me up at 3:30 and then I had trouble getting back to sleep. I was mad when I saw how late it was.....dang. Friday there's a class called Body Attack that I might do. I may die.

Tomorrow morning around 11 or so we'll go to our son's for Turkey Day. There will probably be 20+ people. Son's wife sets it up buffet style and it works out nicely. Her Mom & 2 sister's bring some of the dishes, so it's not overwhelming for her. I'll bring my applesauce & a couple bottles of wine. It'll be a lovely day.

Ok.....I need more coffee. Have good days everyone!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Wed, Nov-27-19 at 07:42.
  #2838   ^
Old Wed, Nov-27-19, 08:30

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Happy Pre-Holiday Hump Day!

Jaz- Yep, flyers and/or brochures and the like are on my list to do early next year. I'll take them to a few OB offices, and drop some at a few Mom's groups in the area as well.

I hope you love your new makeup. Let us know how it is. I think Blue was right that these ladies are such talented makeup artists. Sort of like when you get your hair styled and the next day you try to replicate it! But still, that Ulta is quality makeup from what I hear and I bet you look just lovely!!

Blue- Awww, your sweet little baby son!! We have all done that from time to time and often for less of a cause than that. But I do know what you mean about those sad little faces. One day they will be doing it to their own kids!

I think I have The Dutch House on my to-read list. My to-read list is SOOOO long! I keep it on Goodreads because then if one of them hits Amazon on sale (under three bucks or so) then Bookbub lets me know and I snap it up.

Enjoy that snowstorm and get your cozy on. Hygge it up!!

I am hearing you missing your son in your post today. The nostalgia is strong. Hugs to you, Mama.

Trig- Love the idea of the snow globes. You sentimental thing, you! Underneath it all you are such a little (sugar free) marshmallow!

Enjoy your family Thanksgiving Day today!! Cheers to all of you.

Lori- Sounds like a wonderful family day on tap for you tomorrow. I tell you, to me Thanksgiving is just the best holiday. It is just about family and being together. My favorite one of all.

•••••••••

So far I got one nibble on my Nextdoor post and it was someone who loves the idea and wants to work with me as a Doula! LOLOLOL Honey, let me get some of my own work first!

No Thanksgiving cooking for me! Well, I make the same appetizer annually and DH makes fruit skewers for the kids that they all like (fruit and marshmallows on a stick, what is not to like?!) but otherwise I get to enjoy ALLLLL the yumminess with minimal work! We do help with the clean up, doing dishes and such- lots of fine china and silver to hand wash and hand dry- but we also get to bring home a bunch of leftovers! My SIL and her family literally DO NOT DO LEFTOVERS. I do not comprehend this and happily take plenty. We eat it for at least two days afterward with great joy!

Today is: 1) a visit to the CCRC to meet with the Director of Resident Life to get her input about my ILs and ways we can best help them. Particularly with transportation but more so with ideas of programs my FIL could do to keep him socially and mentally engaged. 2) Home visit for CASA late this afternoon. 3) Grocery run for fresh fruit and a couple of baguettes (for crostini.)

Then tomorrow is the Big Gobble Day! Hooray! It will be chilly and super duper windy so we'll see how the flag football game goes this year. I won't be playing (first time sitting out, but just not feeling it this year) but will be the designated photographer.

Easy day at work yesterday- I was on the slow desk and had plenty of down time.

That's about it from me!
  #2839   ^
Old Wed, Nov-27-19, 09:33

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning! I will say that THIS week everyday has felt like a Saturday!

Trig- I did the SAME thing with my kids with ornaments. they love having them now as adults. My DD is now doing the same thing with her kids! VERY COOL. I think the snow globe idea is very cool.
They can be very fancy!

Pulling out the tree huh?!?!- HAHAHAHAH- it is that time of year!
ENJOY YOUR DAY!

NIC-- It sounds like you have the marketing thing down! I really think word of mouth will keep you very busy. I would not think you would carry a huge patient load anyway!

So cool on going to SIL for dinner and no mess in your house! I would be taking the leftovers as well!!!!!!
Very awesome on the family football. Nice that you can do the pictures. Just wondering though why you are sitting it out for the first time?

Here hoping you can get all your "work" done early so you can relax and enjoy the holiday!

Lori- - what a bummer on the yoga class. I know what it is like to get comfortable in a class and then boom.... it changes.
I will have to say that is a real PEEVE of mine to have someone you can't understand giving instructions! I would think that English would be a prerequisite for jobs!

Well maybe you can find another class that would work for you!
Awesome as well that you can go to IL's and not deal with the hassle and mess of TG! Are they having the "traditional meal"?

BLUE- - I did make it to TJ 2 days ago and you are right! There was not a parking place to be had! However, once I was in line it moved pretty well. They can't be beat for wine prices! Also found a few cool things that were seasonal. I found a basket that is made from recycled newspapers. They left the "newspaper" detail in it. It is very cool and colorful- and hand over. It was a steal for 5.99. I picked it up for my DD for Christmas- but I have it sitting out and now I am attached to it!
I might have to go back and see if they still have more.

I see the storm you are talking about! Stay in and cozy and safe! Those are the best!
I started that Prime show- Man in the Castle. I am 4 episodes in. I am not sure I like it. It is defiantly one you have to stretch your open mind to absorb. I might give it one more.

I did watch a movie last night too- (ya I was Binging Prime)- Brittany runs a marathon. It made me cry, laugh, get mad, and cheer her on! I think because it touched on a lot of what we have all had in our life "the fat girl thinking"- it was a bit painful. However, she didn't sit there. I overall liked it. It was predictable and free!! Made me want to get off my butt I will tell ya that!
Enjoy your day!
-------------------------------------------------------
Today and tomorrow I am taking a job hunt break to just enjoy the holiday as well!
I am going to my neighbors house early to help her get set up. Then the rest of her family is coming for dinner. I will stay- I was ask to.
However they do not do traditional TG foods. They are Italian and make PASTA! Ziti to be specific. I can't gracefully not eat. I will have whatever green (salad) and have a scoop. Pasta is a trigger food for me, so I need to be ultra careful. I will NOT be bringing any home. I will come home for a bit eat a little something and go back. that way I am not hungry. I live right next door- so I will need to go "let out the dog"- HAHAHAH

Tomorrow I will go to my mom's. We are doing LC there thank goodness. Tomorrow is Ribs, green beans and stuff mushrooms, and shrimp. Perfect.

Ok- I gotta run.
We are getting storms all day, with a high of 74 CRAZY!!!!!!
  #2840   ^
Old Wed, Nov-27-19, 21:12

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all. Happy Thanksgiving Eve.

Nic---Love that you've got a good resource at your job to help w/your ILs. That will also help your BIL and SIL, who sure have bitten off a lot.

Congrats on getting on the neighborhood thing. Oh man, I so get putting that stuff off. Like you, I love my work, but I hate going after it. Which is why I bob and weave w/difficult clients I have. At least I'm drilling where there's oil, y'know?

Lucky you to be doing the visiting on Thanksgiving. I love it when we just go to Thanksgiving dinner w/a dish in hand. That is one huge meal that takes endless dishes and set up, not to mention the clean up---before and after. We've done it for so many years on and off and I'm really so over it.

Trig---Hope your Thanksgiving was yummy and fun. I got a real kickeroo out of your description of the "disastrous gingerbread house" with icing everywhere but maybe on the roof. And how much fun your mom and the kiddo had anyway.

So w/your mom staying over will the three of you do something tomorrow, or just sit around, hang and be cozy together?

Lori---Well, maybe that Yoga class will be good in a different way after all. I swear, every new class and/or instructor hits muscles you didn't know you have.

Jaz---Sounds like a nice chill Thanksgiving coming up for you w/the perfect menu. Fingers crossed your mom is on her "thankful to have you there" behavior. Otherwise, you know how to exit stage left.

"Man in the High Castle" is a thriller of a different kind, w/the premise being what would it look like if we had lost WWII---which I find creepier than any "horror" movie out there. The story really grows it's characters, and is quite suspenseful at times, but it's not a light story. Still very well done, and gets better and better as it goes. But I understand you might just not be in the mood for this story.

Next up for us---"The Crown," season 3. LOVE that series. So historical and fascinating.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this night. When we were young in the way back, this was always a night to go out and party. Everyone left the Ad agency mid afternoon and off we went to our fave watering holes and dinner places. Tumbled into bed by midnight if lucky, then up for a big family do the next day, and never the worse for the wear. Ah, youth.

Tonight I'm still loving this night. And we did go out. We were invited up to a couple's place for dinner in the building who we've come to know. Haha. We got there at 5:30 and were home by 8, and never had to put on a coat. Just fine by me, so cozy and happy to be home.

Last night it did snow, although not as much as was forecast. Maybe 5 or 6 inches, nothing for us, really. It's just that the first storm always sets folks back on their heels a bit, and then everyone toughens up and on we go.

So it started coming down about 11 last night...and I and my husband had just settled down for a long winter's nap. Well, actually he was sawing z's and I was reading my kindle, when what to my wondering eyes should appear, but the most gorgeous snow fall. Our vintage street lights were glowing, Christmas lights were sparkling on homes on the street above our large back yard. Best of all the trees were becoming covered w/snow. We have a very large window in our bedroom and it was heaven to be cozy w/my book under the covers, taking breaks from the story to watch the snow fall. Who needs a chimney?

Really looking forward to tomorrow. A friend of hubby's is coming to join us. We're going to watch "The Art of Racing with The Rain" on Netflix (was a superb and sweetly funny book, written from the dog's POV, and I think will also be a great holiday movie---have you ever read this one Nic or Jaz? For dog lovers it's a joy.) then it's dinner. Which for us will be my mom's famous macaroni and cheese, a baguette, salad and key lime pie for dessert. Yeah about as far from on plan as you can get.

But so easy for hubby who has perfected my mom's recipe and a forever family favorite. I have serious getting back on the wagon work ahead of me, but for tomorrow I will just enjoy.

Tomorrow morning I will also, as is my personal tradition, make some calls to old friends I have not connected w/for awhile, and have some coffee and chat with them.

I love Thanksgiving. It's probably my fave holiday all things considered. What a lovely idea. A day to just stop the world, come together w/loved ones and give thanks.
  #2841   ^
Old Thu, Nov-28-19, 05:08

BF:

Good Morning & Happy Thanksgiving!

Crawled out at 5AM according to Gabby's wishes. I had been awake on and off for a couple hours. I heard our newspaper delivery person at 3:15 and then just dozed on and off till 5.

So, Turkey Day and my DH's birthday! Woohoo!! Every so many years his birthday falls on T-day. He was awake when I got up, all snuggled under the blankets so I planted a kiss on his ear and said "Happy Birthday you old fart!" We don't do the cards and gifts thing anymore.....shoot, I'm lucky to just remember the day!

I'll enjoy some coffee this morning and then hop in the shower to be ready to go to DSon's around Noon. It will be a nice afternoon. Our DD & her family will be stopping by so we'll get to see them too. They're going to their Mom's for a late dinner, I guess. Remember I'm the StepMom, even though I call them my kids.

Blue....your evening last night and your day today sound just perfect. I loved the description of you snuggled in bed watching the snow fall.

Jaz....you asked if we'll be having a traditional meal today....yes. They also make some other yummy things that are tradition in DIL's family...like creamed mushrooms.....OMG.....so good! How was your pasta party last night?

Nic....have a lovely family day! Flag football...fun! My DSon & his high school friends used to get together and play football on Thanksgiving morning. It has been years since they've done that as everyone has scattered.

Trig.....Did DH take off for camp? How long will he be gone this time? How long a drive is it for him? What will you girls get into today?

I may hit our little downtown area tomorrow for Black Friday. We have some cute little boutique clothing stores that are always fun to browse around. There is also a kitchen store that is fun. I can always find something there that I "need".

Have a great day everyone!
  #2842   ^
Old Thu, Nov-28-19, 05:35

BF:

Lori, yea the snow globes will be limited, so 4 is enough and I can attach that 'sentimental' memories on to them LOL and like you said, storing is nothing on 4. Keep whatever I give her small and easy but has those good memories.

Happy Bday to your DH......love the old fart personally delivered bday card from ya HAHA too funny!

Body Attack.....Lori, you are getting so exercise wild my friend. ALL that stuff would kill me. I swear I don't know how you do it.

Buffet style turkey day. Oh yea that seems like such a good way to roll. Everyone takes what they want and it isn't as formal as a sit down. I love that. Enjoy your day!!!

Nicco…..so I'm a sugar free marshmallow am I?
Now now you got me beat for sentimental family stuff LOL and I think some of you is rubbing off on me. You do so much and at some point I think, yea, yea, I need to do some of that also LOL

So cool someone wants to team up on doula but like you, I wouldn't do it til I knew how it was on my own. team up with a person could go sideways real fast. I would need to walk alone for a while....but it is so cool someone is interested tho! Your gonna take off!

Your turkey day sounds fab. Less work...no cooking....oh yea sign me up for that one! Clean up never bothers me, the cooking does so it sounds to me like a great setup for ya!

CCRC to meet with the Director of Resident Life to get her input about my ILs---what is this? I thought they were in a house with your BIL etc. Did they do a residency home for the retired instead or something...just confused on it LOL

Jazz your Tday sounds good. Watch the pasta for sure. Luckily I am not a pasta person so not a trigger...triggers are so bad tho. You take a scoop and barely eat it to be safe LOL best of luck on that one.
Your Tday sounds good at your moms.....hope you have a fun day!!!

Blue.....wow I so loved reading your post. I truly felt like I was in a Hallmark movie or something......and you put it into a Christmas threme and it just made me feel so warm and cozy with your snow happening and all. You sure can write so nice! Love that! Fun to read

Tday is one of your all time fav days. Interesting. I loved it too back in the day when all the aunts and cousins came and we had a madhouse of crazy and fun. Adults drinking it up, playing cards and having a blast and us kids running around like insanity trying not to do stuff that made us die on that day Now it is a back burner holiday. Everyone gone mostly. Quiet. Not a kid anymore. Just chill thru it all and get it over with. I wish it was old times but I didn't grow Tday with me ya know. I still think of it as a kid and old times. Now it is a pain day to have to cook a bunch LOL

We had a great time chatting a bit yesterday but it was oh so boring in a way. None of that old timey zip and crazy from the past. Just on the couch chatting between my mom and his mom. Ugh....haha....but it was nice but not a catch from the past for me. yea, me sad, I know HAHA

I love your meal in that it is not traditional in any way. Mac n cheese, key lime pie.....love it!!! I think there is always something so radical on Tday when one bucks the turkey system HAHA you rebel you

hey all

my Thanksgiving day is done.

had a good fast time.

his mom came over around 3.....we chatted up a bit....ate around 4.

stayed on 100% carnivore. so much food but I was shocked how much everyone ate. I ate too much. I had filet mignon, 2 big pork ribs, a TON of peel and eat shrimp in old bay seasoning and butter.

No kidding, I could barely move after that.

my mom was funny cause she said, after her 3 link sausage and giant waffle breakfast I made her.....if I don't eat alot don't worry cause I might just pick at my food and not eat. Well heavens she hoovered down ribs, sweet tater, a yeast dinner roll and a croissant roll, tons of green beans and some roasted red taters. I mean come on LOL she out ate most of us LOL

Then we hit the couch and slugged out. I tell ya guys I was so stuffed. It is never a thing on carnivore.....slugging out but I could barely move. I just ate SO much. I suffered a good bit of the night but the only good thing was it was on plan so I never worried about it but it took forever for the tummy to feel good and when I did go to bed way later, I was still uncomfortable lying down....I know you guys know that feeling, trying to sleep when bad full....ugh....

So today I am super looking forward to not eating hardly anything. Woke up full still.

His mom has gout they say. I think it is circulatory trouble from diabetes. she got a cane and a bootie thing on her foot cause a shoe doesn't fit well cause her whole foot is swelling up into her ankle. I don't think gout does that. So with her like 20 meds she is on now, they got her on gout meds. I don't know.....I swear it is complications of sugar and I hate to say it, I see that diabetic foot amputation type scary shit in the future for her. Hey she ate it all. Tons of bread and more and she won't go there on changing her menu......she said her sugar was like 122 in the morning so she just kept breakfast simple....orange juice and oatmeal with honey. Are ya f'ing kidding me here? omg. I just wanna scream from the highest roof top. I wish I could control every single thing she ate to SHOW her the truth of it all but that won't happen.......sorry for the rant, just drives me to crazy.....well, you guys know what I mean

Didn't drag out the tree....kid wanted to but I couldn't move so we are doing it today. Decorate house a bit with Mom etc. and just chill thru today. Dinner will be like BLTs or something....no focus on food today.

Hubby is up and packing car and loading ATV cause he wants to hit the road soon. He can't wait to go hunting.

Will take mom home tomorrow, so today is bit of decorating and chilling out doing mostly nothing, which is fine by me LOL

EVERYONE ENJOY THEIR THANKSGIVING TODAY.

I can not wait to read all your reports on how your day went....wishing you great fun and a wonderful day all!!
  #2843   ^
Old Thu, Nov-28-19, 08:51

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning, all, and Happy Turkey Day!

Lori, happy birthday to your DH as well! Enjoy the day seeing all the kids!

Jaz- My DH and I went to see that Britney Marathon movie and we thought it was just Eh. I think we thought it was going to be funnier. Glad you liked it though!

Blue- Oh honey, what a fun post to read!! Loved reading about the snow coming down (I love to watch it too!) and that you went and hung out with someone last night and didn't even have to put on a coat or anything. I want to live that life! Sounds so lovely.

And your DH's menu? Can I just say that you listed my favorite foods, pretty much? Key Lime Pie (or key lime ANYTHING) is a big fave of mine. Mac and cheese? YES PLEASE!!

BTW I haven't watched that dog movie. Isn't it sad at the end?

Trig- Oh dear, how well do I know that full belly at night feeling (although seldom with carnivore foods!) Does not feel good! I bet you still do feel full today!

Definitely T-day is less fun with a small group of adults. We adults can be quite boring! As our kids are all growing up, it has slowed down for us as well. The youngest one is, I think, in fourth grade. It used to be utter bedlam with tons of kids running around playing hide and seek, fighting with swords etc. We also used to do talent shows.

••••••••••••••

Chilly and crazy windy here today. I was going to do some picture taking outside during flag football today but now I may not even do that! I'm thinking that sitting my the fire inside might be a better choice. We'll see!

We will FaceTime with DS21 while we are at my SILs, thus letting DS21 see the cousins etc. I will be missing him today! Luckily they don't do T-day over there so he won't feel as much like he is missing out. I know he is thinking of it though bc he texted me Happy Thanksgiving early this morning. (sob)

DS17 has two camp friends coming in from New York tomorrow. Haven't met either of them. They are coming in for the weekend. That will be a little strange for me but I'll try to be both welcoming and stay out of the way. I do need to tell him that we will be taking over the TV for the Ravens game on Sunday.

Speaking of, we bought a new TV. I am prepping us for dropping cable. It gets delivered on Tuesday. We're giving our old one to DD and SoIL for a small price. And we are charging them a token amount so the precedent isn't set amongst all the kids that we give away tvs. You have to be careful with that, we've learned!

Anyway, have a great day, everyone!
  #2844   ^
Old Thu, Nov-28-19, 10:25

BF:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!- LOVEY thread to wake up to this morning!!!!!!!!! - You have been busy writers this morning. I slept in!

Blue- Your snow sounds lovely, and you can keep it! I will admit it is so pretty when it is falling and untouched. almost magical. There is a quiet hush with snow! Like the world stops for just a few magical hours.
Then reality sets in and you have to shovel, or it melts into a soggy slush. But it is cold enough up there you might not thaw until MAY!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA- Yup- You are sturdy people.
I saw that when I was there!
Glad you were snuggled in and enjoying it!

Mac and cheese? You sure know how to go for the juggler. I would seriously bury my face and not come up for air! Enjoy- and get back on your plan tomorrow!!!!

PS- I am in 4 episodes of the Crown season 3. So VERY good!!!!! I understand that the Queen even watches it and has given it a nod. I found the dynamic between her and Margaret so sad in a way. I know the story is based on truth and tradition. I have learned alot from reading and watching the Crown. I find the Monarch so interesting and privileged. But the thing I never thought about was the personal sacrifice for the role.

I can't watch dog movies unless they have happy endings. I can't even watch the humane society commercials. I just think these fur babies are so beautiful the thought one would be lost, or hurt, or worse I just can't go there. So if the movie is a good one I will consider giving it a go.

NIC-
- You had me laughing about the TV situation. You don't just GIVE AWAY TV'S? HAHAHAHAH- heck I would stand in line too!!! Ya- I agree you do sometimes have to set boundaries.

It IS tough to not be with your kids during a holiday! My kids, and grand babies are up in Ohio this weekend.
It is nice of you to open your home to your DS17 friends. I used to never know who would be coming up from the lower kids level on a Sat for Breakfast. I just let my DD do her thing and alot of times the kids just spent the night. I know they were safe and home so I never fussed!

Enjoy your day!

Trig- Ya, Nic pegged you as a tough marshmallow. Touch on the outside, gooey on the inside! WINK!!!! Especially when it comes to the kiddo! But hey she is your only one to spoil and treat special!
They grow up so fast- TOO FAST. So give her all she needs now!

Glad you had a good time with the mom's. I hear ya on Hubbys mom not getting it with blood sugar issues. Severe swelling like that on legs can be indicative of CHF- a common thing for people with diabetes.
You know what........ doesn't matter what you would say to her. Most people I have learned really do not want to change, period. Even if their lifestyle is killing them. I hear...... Oh well ya gotta die of something. What people don't get is the quality of life they have. But hey I know I am preaching to the choir! So I will rest my thoughts...... We gotta just let them go and live their life.

I hear you on eating too much. I won't worry about it as you were still on track! I think for all of us we are hitting up the get back on plan mode come Monday!

LORI- - You are funny! Your poor hubby!!!! HEHEHEHEH-
I would hate to have a birthday on a holiday! It is amazing though how many people do though!

Enjoy your day! Is the cousin going as well? Does she still drive? She is fascinating to me! A wealth of memories of a time gone by!
Cool that you get the traditional dinner- and NO MESS!!!- Best part! Safe travels!!!
-----------------------------------------
All- HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
Yes it is different as we age, the holidays change too!

I was NOT on plan yesterday. She only had Ziti and chips, and bread. I did have pasta and feel it this morning. skipped the bread and chips. She forgot the salad. Oh well- it would have been so awkward to not eat.

Today is back on plan with ribs and shrimp. Tomorrow I am putting that roast in. so Tomorrow will be back on plan as well. I must use it!

I will be leaving here as soon as I get off here and get my shower in. I am not spending the night. I will be home about 7. I have an early class tomorrow to renew my BLS- Basic Life Support card. I have to have it for jobs.

Job stats I should have an answer yea/nay tomorrow, one way or the other for the DH position. I am still looking at all options.
See email- I am not going to do anything rash with my house at this point. I need to see if this is something I can done for awhile. If not I will come back and do something different.

I am feeling like such a puff ball- Pasta, and nibbles here and there. URGHHHHHHH- But hey I am jumping back on a serious LC wagon.
I need some of LORI's energy for work out a bit more!

FOOT update:- I woke up to a foot tingle, both feet. They don't look any different yet. But I feel tingly on my feet. I am about to soak them in a hot bubble bath and away I will roll.

I am taking wine, stuffed mushrooms and a Christmas Cactus that is about to bloom in a big way over to my mothers. I never arrive anywhere empty handed. I was surprised by my neighbors guests, that nobody brought anything except me. But hey- different strokes ya know.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be think of each of you doing your own thing today!!!!!!
  #2845   ^
Old Thu, Nov-28-19, 15:45

BF:

We had a nice day at our son's and then our daughter stopped by as soon as we got home. She wanted to drop off some cookies she made her Dad for his birthday. It's sort of a tradition....she makes him choc chip cookies every year.

I ate WAY too much. I did not say no to anything that I really wanted. I was so stuffed and uncomfortable. Needless to say, tomorrow will be a DD. I feel like I'll never eat again!

Jaz....no, Betty(cousin) could not go along for T-day. Her mobility is so bad that it is dangerous for her to go out unless she has to. DH went and visited her this morning and took her some of her beloved glazed donuts and is up there now to make sure she has dinner. Her favorite thing in the world is a cheeseburger from Wendy's, so that is what he was going to get for her. Her appetite is small and the things that sound good to her are few.

I brought a few leftovers home for DH for dinner if he gets hungry.....I will not eat...ugh.

I watched Brittany Runs a Marathon on Amazon Prime last night, but I was disappointed in it. I don't know what I expected, but I wanted more focus on her training etc. I guess that would be boring to most people.

The series you all are talking about, The Crown.....is that on Amazon or Netflix? I looked on Amazon and when I search for that, the only thing that comes up is a series called Victoria.

Ok....I just had a cup of decaf and now I'm going to kick back and take it easy. Hope you've all had a great day!
  #2846   ^
Old Thu, Nov-28-19, 17:51

BF:

OMG- LORI- You would love The Crown I think! - yes it is Netflix. It is a life story based off the real life of Queen Elizabeth. You know I only have ever know her in real life as a scowling old maid in gloves.
Who know that she was a real looker in her younger days and had to give up so much due to her role.

Yea Brittany runs a Marathon was not the best. The crown- is a bit slow the first episode or two- then it picks up. I am on Season 3.

I also really loved Marvelous Mrs. Masiel - also Netflix- that won a ton of awards. Either are great picks.

Glad you had a great day. I too am home and so happy to have today behind me. No disrespect but I find holidays can be hyped up and stressful. And the food- ............... I don't have the resolve of TRIG right now. I am holding on by a thread to not gain pounds.

Very glad one holiday down and done.

Ok- Off to relax- home with the dogger, and relaxing in front of my fire, watching the Crown!

Let me know Lori- if you find it
  #2847   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-19, 05:36

BF:

Nicco I thought of my Tday and how it ramped down.....well yea when you wrote what everyone was doing etc.....I realized yours is changing so much also. Kids in different places and such. As time marches over us none of the holidays will ever truly be the same for us. Which is good, kids need to grow up and start their own traditions and more. Play the 'here for Tday, but here for Xmas' game at everyone's homes etc.

Hope you had a great day....can't wait to hear your report.

Lori...your Tday report sounds good, except for the overeating. I tell ya when we go there it is just so uncomfortable. Won't take long you will be back in fine order.

And send me some of those cookies your daughter baked LOL

Jazz that cactus sounds nice.....my MIL has one of those. brags each year on it when it blooms LOL it is a pretty little thing when it is bloomed out.

Pasta....ugh....I know tho. You were caught in a bad situation on that one. Good thing you didn't eat a lot and let it go after. cool beans

How was your Tday at your moms....report on that when ya can.

Blue....waiting for her report, will be a literary novel of fun to read I am sure I just love the descriptive way she writes out stuff

Hey all

my Tday was decorating xmas tree. mom and me went to the dollar store to get out and about. no one on the roads. no one anywhere cause they were all inside eating Tday dinner We loved it!

Kiddo wanted tree back to white lights only. So we took off all ornaments, took off our colored light string we put on the tree to jazz it up.....then re-hung them all. Took a bit....nah, the tree is small, didn't take long at all HAHA

Then we put some snowmen around, put some lights over the arch into her back game room etc. House is mostly done now.

Food for me yesterday was 5 link sausage, 1 chicken breast, 1 small sirloin steak, some salami slices and 2 small chunks cheddar.

Mom had soup, pumpkin pie, sausage sandwich, French fries, and who knows what else LOL she ate a ton....not just the above. where this old 91 yr old lady puts it is beyond me HAHA

Taking mom home later today. Stop at grocery and find me a meat sale. need more beef in the house at all times. gotta check out the ribeyes.

Holiday treated me well with more lbs dropped off the nasty scale. Total now is 18.8 gone. I am finally moving off those lbs that needed to go 'again'...omg I hate losing lbs I already lost but hey, at least I got darn near 20 of it gone...little more to go. I got my eye on going a lot lower on the scale and keep going down and down. I got my eye on summer and new clothes

nothing much else. all good here.
  #2848   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-19, 06:57

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig....WOW..you are rockin' the weight loss! Fantastic! Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday....just this and that and low key. What's happening today?

Jaz....sorry to hear that your Mom is not doing too well. I'm sure it's hard to think about leaving the area during this time, but at least she has her husband there to take care of her.

Unfortunately, I don't have Netflix, so I may not be able to watch The Crown. I did watch Mrs. Maisel on Amazon and enjoyed it. I think the new season will soon be starting.

Nic....hope your day was lovely yesterday. I'm sure DS21 was never far from your thoughts. When does he come home? Is he there thru the Spring semester?

Blue....How much snow did you end up getting? It is beautiful when you don't have to go out and drive in it.

-------

I may go up town this afternoon and browse the shops. Not really much fun alone, but it will get me out of the house. It is supposed to be sunny & in the 40's.

Needless to say, I'm not eating much today. I'll have a fat coffee late this morning and maybe some eggs for dinner. Right now I don't feel like I'll want anything!

Have good days!
  #2849   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-19, 07:02

BF:

TRIG- I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you! I expect you will see that 20 pound drop in the next week or so! You are just a little over a pound!!!!!! You have worked for it! I know it has not been a walk in the park!

I am going to really attempt to go more your way. Actually I will make it my way. I have had a rough couple of eating days! I am putting in that pot roast today and that will be it. I need some ultra "clean" eating days to get back on track!

Funny on the tree. You had everything up and on- and the kiddo just wanted white lights. HAHAHAH-
Cool that you are back to business as usual! Hitting up the meat store, mom back home and hubby off to hunt!

Does the kiddo go back to school Monday? Send a pic of your tree!

Blue- You are getting socked in by snow for sure! How was your TG? I bet your Mac and cheese to amazing!
Are you able to get out and about? I know you look at snow as no big deal! HAHAHAHA-
Are you taking the weekend off to just kick back and relax?

NIC-- Was yesterday a food and football day for you? I know you had an odd TG as your kids were here and there from you. Is DS21 coming home for Christmas? How long will he be abroad? What are his plans when he comes back? I hadn't thought that far ahead about him!
I feel like we have been on your kids journey too!!!!!It's fun to hear!

IF IF I get this new position maybe you and Lori and I can meet somewhere in the middle some weekend!

Lori- So did you find the Crown, or Amazing Mrs.Masiel?
That was nice that DH daughter stopped by with a homemade gift for him! I bet he loved that!
GIRL I hear ya on rough eating days! I am back on it after SEVERAL days of holiday eating! I feel GROSS!!!!!

Are you hitting up the gym today?- see NIC's post- IF I take that position- lets plan a Saturday and meet in the middle! I would love to see you gals!!!
------------------------------------------------------------
I sorta put my stuff littered in the posts.
I am putting the roast in FINALLY. I just hope it is still good. It was vacuum sealed. So I will do the smell test!

I HAVE to get to clean eating. I tell ya even a few days off I feel it in every way! Puffy, and sluggish! I can't believe people eat like that ALL the time!
Yup- knowing what we know we can never go back! THANK GOODNESS!

I have my class this morning to get my Basic life support card. - Then I need to run Bella up to get her nails done!- Then I need to work on my case prep for unemployment.
I am not planning on being on it long- but I want my back pay. It will be over grand and then some! It will be a house payment if I get it. I could use it!

I will treat today as a work day and then tomorrow is Saturday is a play day for me! Not that I have plans. I did but they got cancelled.
The gals I hang with once a month - we were going to do a gaslight in. But one of them lost her beloved pup of 14 years yesterday. She texted me yesterday. She has been holding vigil for the last 4 days night and day at the vet. She never had kids- so her fur baby was like her kid.
I feel so badly for her. She has one more at home. I am hoping we can reschedule soon!

OK- gotta hit up the shower and get moving!

PS- I sent an email last night- just my Thankful list - you gals!
  #2850   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-19, 12:10

BF:

BLUE- You are really getting hammered in Snow!!!!!!- 12-18 inches. I know it a normal day..........

TRIG- Got my pot roast in! It smelled so good. No worries. I like Vacuum sealed. It stays fresh so much longer.
Braised it in butter and oil- took it out of the pot- added Carrots, celery, onion, garlic on bottom. Added meat on top and tossed a jar of mushroom gravy. Hit the pressure cooker on- and letting it do it's thing done!

I will be slurping pot roast and gravy later! LC day to the max.

LORI/ NIC-
Closed Thread