Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#736   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-22, 15:36

Plan: LC/carnivore 6/26/23
Stats: 200/194/137 Female 5 feet 6.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Karen I went to a concert last night and they sold these foot long hot dogs. I grabbed the hot dog and threw away the bun. I was walking around holding a 12 inch hot dog eating it and I got some strange looks It was delicious ! LOL

I am very happy now and feel like I can live like this!
Sponsored Links
  #737   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-22, 06:48

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Ohhh yea, a foot long hotdog has been on my menu at times also! Good job!

I love going to 'BBQ Festivals' when we are traveling in that I search the festivals that suit me as carnivore.....walk around getting a turkey leg, brisket, ribs and more.....I don't like festivals that limit any kind of meat for me LOL So anywhere you are, you search out the meats

You did great! Longer you are off those carbs, the less you will allow them to draw ya back cause ya feel good off those carbs
  #738   ^
Old Thu, Feb-24-22, 07:19

BF:

today is 2 big ribeye steaks when I want them
got me some burgers as extra as usual.
me good today hope ya'll are doing well
  #739   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-22, 07:11

BF:

more ribeye

back to my #1 best food in life again

started on ribeyes all the time and now finally, I want those darn things like a duck loves water

ahhh, circle of my lifestyle. ribeye me please HA

got 2 fine ones to hound down today
on plan and doing ok and I hope all you others are doing fine

next holiday is Easter if one celebrates and for me it is an easy situation on food. so I am cleared to go easy thank goodness on that one.
  #740   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-22, 22:26

BF:

Karen I had trouble today because I was so hungry at 12 PM

Don’t forget I have to be at work by nine

So I only ate two eggs for myself around 7:15 Am

I probably should have made several egg yolks instead

And I really don’t take lunch until 1:30 PM maybe later
This is a new lunch hour for me since the new receptionist takes lunch 12:30 PM

I need to come up with a game plan

Here are some ideas

Have a larger breakfast
Bring hard boiled eggs to work with me
Bring Tunafish to work with me
I tried working through lunch today but maybe I really do need to have red meat for lunch
Well tomorrow’s a new day and I will do better tomorrow
I had egg bites today instead of real eggs which did not help
I think working through lunch it’s OK when you have a substantial lunch to eat at your desk - which I did not have
Also I had extra coffee and coffee can sometimes lower blood sugar or mess with blood sugar levels
I have so much confidence and belief in red meat I know that it will cure me!!!
  #741   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-22, 06:26

BF:

E39 red meat is the savior!

red meat is dense. best fat/protein ratio

eggs are fab for 'some eating' but lighter things like eggs and tuna will not hold you and heal you on a more zero carb way of eating.

you have to eat the heavy hitters. the red meats are the key to this eating plan for healing, balancing hormones, getting stable blood sugars and more......I can't stress that enough truly

I know life gets us thru work and more. I know the stress of 'our days' out there as we navigate thru but take lunch time for you ya know......go buy burgers from fast food if needed, bring a nice steak to work and eat it.....bring your own burgers and eggs.....but that darn red meat is a key factor. Can't be ignored.

We can subsist on some tuna or eggs or other items like bacon and such but not for very long. We end up off balance in our meat/fat ratio and that is what balances us out. What keeps us satiated and happy on this plan and helps us change our bodies.

So yes, you focus on the red meats for sure! I could not agree with you more!

remember also, breakfast can be a filet mignon steak cooked very fast and easy before ya go to work. and if you want a tad more for a bigger breakfast, steak and eggs never hurt anyone, lol.....believe me I ate many a steak at 5-6am in the morning back when I started!!

you are on that right path!
  #742   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-22, 13:05

BF:

Thank you!

having lunch now and I’m choosing a hotdog

Maybe I should have ordered two of them lol
  #743   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-22, 16:51

BF:

LOL, 2 hotdogs won't ever hurt ya
  #744   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-22, 11:02

BF:

Karen have you ever hired a carnivore coach like a carnivore person on social media to coach you ??
  #745   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-22, 05:40

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy39
Karen have you ever hired a carnivore coach like a carnivore person on social media to coach you ??

No. I got everything from being on zero carb sites. Like Zeroing in on Health (ZIOH) and Zero Carb Health (ZCH). I used their websites and am in their facebook sites. tons of info. I put all my money on just eating meat/seafood fish and fowl and saved money just learning from the long term people real fast on those sites.

Too much great carnivore info out there for me to worry about 'how to eat carnviore' cause if one does it the easiest correct way, the most simplest way, one is always doing it right

the only way to screw up carnivore is keeping in the small things or eating tons of veggies LOL like dump diet soda and all that, don't use high sugar laced condiments like spice rubs that are big sugar.....don't eat tons of dairy *that is for alot of people on using that dairy as a crutch too much, don't under eat at all in your day, you eat as you need! and don't try to control your life and body on carnivore, just eat all you need at all times...ya know.....we eat meat/seafood fish and fowl.......do that in the cleanest state of your meats and ya got it whipped in good shape.
  #746   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-22, 22:47

BF:

Karen I watched a video from Steak and butter girl and you are correct
She does not really eat any dairy anymore.

She eats chicken fish beef and eggs she is not really eating other things
I can learn so much from her but you are right - I should not Pay for it I should do it on my own!

Karen - I had fallen off the wagon and had addictive food and guess what I got a sore throat and cold!!! The sugar caused that!
I was NEVER sick on carnivore and I need to get back on the meat train!!!!
I felt so good so much energy with that meat. I am super excited I bought a treadmill and a few outfits in smaller sizes and I am determined to lose this weight ASAP
I was going to avoid the scale but instead I might just get on the scale even more!
Thanks for never giving up on me!

Hugs!
Entropy
  #747   ^
Old Fri, Mar-11-22, 04:03

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy39
Karen - I had fallen off the wagon and had addictive food and guess what I got a sore throat and cold!!! The sugar caused that!
I was NEVER sick on carnivore and I need to get back on the meat train!!

Hugs!
Entropy

yea I like steak and butter gal. Another good one to look on youtube is GrassFed Gal. She has good vids too and alot of them. Another exceptional poster and on youtube is Judy Cho. She gives alot of science and info on carnivore, she is diehard with great info.

It is easy to fall off carnivore. Key to it is you have to commit hardcore. Cause heck I dumped off it many times when I started....but each time I dumped off it I went back to less carbs ya know....each was like a step toward being a full on carnivore so I get what you are saying....once that darn sugar is in the brain it is hard to give it up.........just keep on trying. Key to it is put on those big girl panties and dig down deep inside and say to yourself, meat only come heck or highwater, and that is what I had to do eventually and then once off that darn sugar, oh yea the cravings stop and you can truly get a good handle on zc. No big eating change is easy for any of us Just keep on trying cause if that is the best eating plan and you felt great, yea you need to get back there!

wishing you the best!
  #748   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-22, 23:32

BF:

Thank you Karen !
Yeah that is great advice !
I have all these holidays Purim tomorrow after work a really enjoyable temple service and a little Purim spiel and After the service I can leave and not have the treats
And St paddy’s day is my parents anniversary but work might have treats

All I need is a good day one good day
I thought I was having a good day today
I was trying to have a dinner that was not carnivore like Caesar salad and salmon and vegetables

But because I didn’t have meat I ended up messing up after 10:30 pm at night !

Tomorrow I need to get more strict

You know what is interesting Karen
When I see people like heavier than me
(I’m prob 168 now maybe more ! But when I see a person who is 250 or 300 lbs I want to tell them about carnivore yet here I am struggling. But I know the plan is life changing when followed correctly
So I have to believe in that and not forget it !!!
  #749   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-22, 04:24

BF:

yea you said it. when you eat tons of meat when you start carnivore, it sets that change in motion, but ya can't be without the meats available to you without them it is really a struggle to even attempt this plan. So when one goes into carnivore one has to have that meat all around them and available to help keep us on plan as we change.

ya said a great thing tho.....the plan is life changing and it is if we eat the meat. all we need. this is just what it takes, cause without being full and nourished and satisfied on our meat, bacon, fish, eggs, and chicken etc. we don't stand a chance to hold this plan cause it is way to easy to dump back but if we fill the belly very well with our meats, then we got a good hold to keep gaining consistency on this plan.

but key being ya know the plan changed you and you were doing so well......you want this back cause you felt it, lived it, had a good experience on it when you were all in eating your filet mignon and Wendy burgers and more So now you know what it can do for you and now it might be that time when ya grab on and say, hey if I hold plan, how much better can I become? and eventually even if ya dump off it thru whatever issues, carnivore keeps calling ya back cause you felt so great on it

yea keep plugging along. And if you have to dump back, always try to dump back into a very LC menu ya know to survive and first chance ya get, eat big carnivore again. A few times I had to do just that.....ate a salad with some grilled chicken when out and hungry cause it was only option around, but when I got home I would fry up a steak and eat it to balance out the fact that crap lettuce wasn't enough food to make me happy at all.....so yea, do whatever it takes to keep ya just zc'ing along best ya can and good things will come.
  #750   ^
Old Sat, Mar-19-22, 05:58

BF:

everyone make it thru St Pattys Day? I know I did fine LOL
I ain't eating or drinking anything green HAHA

Easter should be easy. I am not a candy gal so all that crap means nothing to me. Plus having only 1 kid, 17 now, she wants nothing in candy form mostly, she was brought up 'lc' and wants a good chocolate bunny and done deal, hey I am cool with that so Easter is not a draw for me..........plus we are leaving on Easter day for a beach trip. A week at the beach relaxing, which of course I will bring all my meats with me for my rv and just stay on plan and do great.

Anyone else worried on Easter? Luckily I am gonna be ok thru it.

Holiday help here if wanted