Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2746   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-19, 10:43

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!
Didn't sleep well- to much on my mind! The mind doesn't sleep.
Guess I will be going to bed early.

Raining here too and the temps are only in the high 40's- COLD HERE!!!!!!

Lori- I a speechless beyond words over your interview. Do you really think it was age related? Maybe the manager was having a bad day? A lot of times you can tell a persons age by the resume.
I agree with TRIG- if it was age related I would be writing a letter to the company!!!!!
Not worth hiring a lawyer over it. But I certainly would be heard by someone hirer up the food chain.
Again I am shocked. It has been a minute since I have been at the store so I never looked at the age of the people working there.

I know that agism is alive and well. I think about that all the time- being out of work. I wonder how long I will be able to work, before I am replaced by someone half my age. I hear ya GF!!!!!

The good news is that you working looking for something to keep ya busy. I still think maybe the gym would be a great place to offer some time. We older people like to see people our age in great shape working out, and know the machines ect.........

That is why I was looking at a Planet Fitness because I did see TONS of people my age and older there. They were not there to impress, but to just get in shape and feel good. You are such a great example of that!!!! Have you thought about being being a gym couch? You are so motivating!!!!!!

Anyway you sure don't NEED B&N!!!!! Boo on them!
Hope you are feeling better. I hate it when I have tummy troubles!
TRIG- OMG AND OMG!!!!! What happened with your credit card? Any ideas where or who or how that happened? It happened to me about 5 years ago. The fraud dept WAS able to track it down to an outdoor gas pump. The reader had a device on it that steals your numbers. I was in a small town in SC, an hour later according to th eCredit card I was in Anaheim CA buying a large screen TV!!!! They caught it right away. But what a pain.
After that I NEVER use an outdoor gas pump, EVER. I go in for a POS at the register.

I also pay all my bills on line. I have one CC I use for Amazon and check it all the time.
WHAT a pain to go through all of that! The good news they caught it. I am not great with cash- plus all your bills are on line. The think is the big thing is here, people stealing checks out of the mail. I don't use checks- at all!
Sorry you are going through all that!

That is SO funny about the videos from L. Amber! My only defense is that studies have should that you need to hear something 3 times for it to sink in......... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH-
I expect to see a TRIG- you tube channel soon!!!!!
Enjoy your shopping out with your friend! You tow haven't been out for awhile! Family keep ya busy. Does she have kids too?

NIC- - Thinking about your family. I am hoping things are getting better with your IL's. Is your hubby back to work? I hope he too is feeling better. Nothing like dealing with all of that when you are struggling to feel better.

You are very sweet to pick up a few extra shifts. Yea I can't see you putting up with their requests long term. You are just so busy! You are like me- you jump dive in the deep end and start swimming!

Blue- Hope you are getting what you need!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------
I interrupt this post with the following announcement...........

Ummmmmm......... OMG- I am going to Santa Fe in 2 weeks. It looks like the Atlanta gig was taken, but they called me first thing this morning and interviewed. It went well and they ask how long will it take me to get there- ...ie.... how soon until we get you.
I am in a daze....... Happened so fast.

They also ask if I would extend past 13 weeks, I said I would be open to it. OMG- My stomach is on the floor. This is really happening! So fast. I thought I would have more time. OMG.

My mom's response- "you know there are scorpions out there"- My reply: there are copper heads in my back yard!!!!
The job- easy, discharge planning for a Presbyterian hospital 9-5. Easy peasy.
The official offer- jaw dropping. I will know by tomorrow morning if it truly is a go, if not before.

OMg- SO MUCH to do. I need to start packing up the house. I was not expecting this fast this soon. Welcome to the world of travel nursing. Travelers do this all the time.
I just needed the time to turn over the house and put my stuff in storage. I will need to come back mid Feb. and then get this completed, and then go back if I choose. Or I can come back and take something else a bit closer. All up to me.

Stunned. - And so it begins, my new journey!
Sponsored Links
  #2747   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-19, 11:25

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

WOW! Jaz! You will be hustling for the next couple weeks! Santa Fe sounds freakin' awesome!

I just got an email about the B & N job. Thanks but no thanks. They had many applicants ya da ya da ya da and someone was more qualified etc etc. Sort of relieved since I had such a negative feeling about it. I'm done looking for a part-time job. I thought I wanted one, but I went down that road with Dick's and was so relieved when I quit. Have to keep reminding myself of that. I just need to spend more time at the gym and get busy around the house. Lord knows there are things I could do around here!

Ok.....enough of all that. Let's concentrate on Jaz's new life!
  #2748   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-19, 15:43

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco good thing is as you change yourself you can add and subtract what fits and won't fit in your life. Beauty of getting older and being able to do what we want when we want LOL

I hate winter clothes. so much gear ya know. gets on my nerves....too much to deal with or handle and find when needed. I got like 1 pair of gloves, can I ever find them when needed. Nope. I find them in 99 deg. weather when looking for something else

Lori....you dodged a bullet. It wouldn't be a fit for ya. That store has that cliquey feeling ya know.....good move on not getting it truly.....now you don't have to quit next week if ya got it and hate it LOL

Jaz...HOLY WOW HOLY WOW
Now that life of yours is moving fast.
SO COOL.....I know you can get it all worked out and good and hit the road....can't wait to hear more as you progress til you day moving out there....SO VERY VERY COOL for ya!!

shopping was good
got filler things. kiddo is loving girly beauty junk now. got mud masks, charcoal scrubs, and other goo she will enjoy. on good sales so that is nice.

bought toilet paper on good sale

bought some Xmas gift bags cheap as heck. needed a few new ones.

couldn't find any good books for hubby. will keep looking.
forgot to shop for K cup variety pack thing for his new coffeemaker...will do that later.

ahhh, hmm, ugh that is it.

I am basically done now. I am spending way less on filler stuff for everyone. I can whack away like $500 on just filler crap to open and I ain't going there at all.

So HO HO HO I have a few small things to do and done.

Barb and I hit a diner. I got wings. Eh. 8 pack....I ate 3 and brought the rest home. Haven't eaten yet....starting to starve. big old ribeye for me in a bit.
  #2749   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-19, 16:40

BF:

Lori- That sorta sucks about B&N. they just went down a few notches in my book! What a loss on their part! You know what- I can't wait to retire! I am serious. So what would I do if I retire? TRAVEL!
Any travel plans in your future? What about seeing sis for a few days?

Do you put up a tree for the holidays?

Trig- I can't wait to hear about your Christmas haul!!!! REPORT!!!!! HAHAHAHAH
---------------------------------
OMG- So literally I spent the first part of my day paying in a daze. Have you ever had plans that got turned upside down and then something else turned up and it also turned your world upside down? This however is on a TIMELINE- I was so overwhelmed this morning I shut down for a few hours to process.

Thank goodness I am like a spider that curls up and rolls for a minutes then uncurls and gets to spinning work. I had to curl for a minute and let stuff process. Now fast forward a few hours I am ready for whatever.

MORE NEWS......... Now there is a battle for me between Atlanta, and Santa Fe. Atlanta came back. That opportunity came back. Apparently the first choice they wanted backed out for another offer. I am #2. So now they are playing.
The issue is- I saw the offer for Santa Fe- PICK MY JAW FROM THE FLOOR..........

The the other thing- I know I was not first pick for Atlanta. I am for Santa Fe and they are willing to pay.
But what is best for me? Well obviously a bit more time to get my "affairs in order" and be here for the holidays would be a huge perk. Their $$ is still ok..... It would be better for me time line wise. Plus I would not be paying 2 places to stay. So the $$$ from Santa Fe would go to pay this mortgage until March 1. Until I get my renter.

So talking this out on here. Atlanta makes more sense. I will have 2 contracts to go over tomorrow and a decision to make.

Lets top off the drama with the fact my Ohio guy is flying in Thur- and not leaving until Tue- then Wed. I am getting my Cert for BLS- required. Holy moly. If I take Santa Fe I would need to then leave Thurs. To make it there by Sun. and first day 25th. SOOOOO Much.

I will be taking a benedryl with a glass of wine to sleep tonight!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA- not the first time.

I am now going though drawers, boxes, closets. I took a CAR FULL over to the GOOD WILL. Already getting rid of stuff!

Anyone need a super nice printer 3/1- scanner, photo quality, copier, printer? Brand new. I am going to list it. My office told me to keep it- I already have one. It is new out of box. It should sell nicely. I will pop it on eBay.
I am not going to just SELL everything- I am going to STORE EVERYTHING. It is more for my state of mind I have something to come home to if I have to.

I am equally excited and scared sh!tless. I guess going alone is scaring. Then I talk myself off the ledge this is my dream right? I have connections. My family are a call away, face time, you gals.
I think about here. I have not really connected- so what I am losing? I have connect with my neighbor and the 3 gals from work. That is not enough to give up a dream.

The dream is amazing, the reality is knee shaking. - I am just saying - gosh I hate that sentence. OK going to have some wine and try to settle down before tomorrow.
I need some Netflix.
Just turned on my fire place-
I am having palpitations.................

Screw it- I am having wine- I ate carnivore today! I need kicked down a notch.
Had turkey breast and a side of turkey breast and 2 tablespoons of gravy. It was good. I was toooooooo just tooooooo to cook. I bought it in the fresh section- ready made- Hormel. Ya know not bad.

Ok- I am going to lay by the fire and pull in the dogger and dim down my lights and relax. I lit a candle and pulling some pillows out to nest.

NITE
  #2750   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-19, 18:14

BF:

Have been on line for several hours now- not going to NM

check this out-https://tellyouwhynot.wordpress.com/2015/01/29/why-it-sucks-living-in-new-mexico/

Wrote my contact and sent this- I also looked up crime rate. They are lower in Detroit and South Chicago than here. NOT GOING.
I looked up the police report- 96% violent crime. Highest in the entire country.

I am not a hard to work with princess- but there is crime and then there is stupid.

I will wait. He texted me back...... We will regroup tomorow

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Nov-12-19 at 19:12.
  #2751   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-19, 04:37

BF:

That is interesting Jazz

so it is the Atlanta gig you are accepting?

nice thing is with Google Earth and the internet once you get a possible job offer to whatever area you can research it like you did. Know what it entails for ya.....that is good.

Let us know what is happening now for you.

Hey all
good morning
nothing doing, have to clean the house a bit for holidays
have to relocate all the crap the kid has dropped wherever she felt like and put it away now...ugh...you guys all know that one!

no deer for hubby yet. he is having a blast. I don't know how they do it....in a blind most of the day. Would drive me insane.
he is coming home Friday for a while then off again as usual.

doing well on plan. just cruising along in good form.
cravings are all but gone literally. I need that so badly.
Still got mojo.
Need to get out a walking tape this morning and try an easy one and get some commitment for this old gal to just move more right now....eh, will see HA

great day all
  #2752   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-19, 06:55

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....WOW.....how scary is that? So glad you did your research before agreeing to anything. I hope you can do the Atlanta job as you had planned. Seems like it will work out perfect for the timing of your renter etc.

Trig.....you are putting me to shame on the Christmas thing! I have done zero in preparation. We don't decorate or even put up a tree as it's just me & DH. We go to our daughter's house for Christmas and take all the gifts(if I ever buy any!) so no one even comes here. If we put up a tree, the cat would climb it, so why deal with the mess? Bah humbug!

Sunny & cold today. We're going to make some applesauce later and I have to either brave the cold for a run or go to the gym. That's my day.

Tomorrow I have a facial scheduled for Noon. I'm looking forward to it. Nice to be pampered like that. I know I'll be tempted to buy all manner of lotions & potions for this wrinkly face. Merry Christmas to me!

Have good days!
  #2753   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-19, 07:31

BF:

very cool on your facial. enjoy the heck out of it and you will come out looking shiney and new

hey if kid wasn't around there would be no tree and all this stuff. LOL

I have to do 'something for her' still.....14 is is kinda over it but then again LOVES for me to decorate and she gets involved.

so that is the reason but if no kid in the future I wanna be you
  #2754   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-19, 11:47

BF:

Got the applesauce made, some errands run and then did my run outside. Low 30's for temperature. I was not cold, except for my nose! Not sure what to do about that as I have to breathe! I have nice cold weather gear, so I'm good as long as the temp is not below 20. That is too dang cold!

Yeah.....anxious for my facial tomorrow. Ahhh....
  #2755   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-19, 11:49

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

I have a slow morning today and I am enjoying the heck out of it. Yesterday kicked my butt. I was so tired when I got home. I am looking forward to a much easier week next week.

Had a super low DD yesterday. Not intentional, I packed food to eat while at work, but it was so busy that I just couldn't get to it. So I had coffee, 14 shrimp with homemade LC cocktail sauce, and a quarter of an apple. OTOH, being so busy I didn't have time to feel hungry either.

Down 1.2 today and I'm now at/below the weight I was before I left. 1.2 pounds to go and I am back to my September low (lowest weight since starting EOD) and then will just keep plugging along from there. I've still got a ways to go but I'll take it in five pound goals.

Vet appointment for Bella at 11, a couple of minor errands, then work from 2-4 only. Yay! Desperately need this quieter day today. The next two days after this will be rough. UD today.

•••••••••••••

Lori- B&N is being seriously stupid and made a big mistake IMO. That is just the strangest thing. I don't understand it at all. I would have jumped to have you! But sounds like you've decided easily to move on and not bind yourself. I would have been very hesitant to do retail until Feb or so anyway due to holiday rush and then returns.

Congrats on your new low! Well done!

Trig- super annoying about your credit card. Glad you got a lot of the holiday odds and ends shopping done!

I will totally still decorate when my kids are older but maybe not some of the smaller stuff. A tree and such though, definitely. I like it more than they do!

Jaz- I did not know that about Santa Fe. I spent several days in NM and it felt totally fine to me. Stats don't lie though! I saw a different list though and it had South Carolina and Tennessee in the top ten most dangerous states 2019. I was like, whaaat? So who knows what they use to come up with that stuff bc I think those states are just fine. And Alaska was number one most dangerous! Maybe for animals?!

Still, excited for you about your new opportunities and all the excitement that is going to come your way!

Blue- hope you are well. xoxox

••••

I have a couple of things on my list this year. I want a travel size (ie- small size) Big Berkey water filter. Other than that, maybe some air pods. That's about it but I think DH might have some other ideas. OH! And pretty much anything from an online store called Natural Life. LOVE their stuff. It hits all my happy buttons!
  #2756   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-19, 18:55

BF:

OK Ladies- I know this is going to make your head spin-

I ACCEPTED THE Santa Fe / Espanola hospital. So I got a call from the director of the nursing for the entire hospital this morning. She really wanted me to come. I told her I had a few things to clear up here and would let her know by the end of the day.

Well I called my guy A- (contact point) and let him know. He ask me if I was totally sure, as he had not heard ANYTHING negative about it. I told him I look up stats on google.
He said that happens everywhere and wanted me to talk to a Traveler who actually worked there.
So he arranged a phone conference with her today. It was frekin awesome to talk to her.

She talked me off the ledge. First she has personally been there and loved it so much she stated 9 months.
2nd she met her husband there
3nd- the facility is top notch and truly cares for their travelers
She had a GREAT experience. She told me starting off this was a fabulous experience to get my feet wet. That the facility truly appreciates you and treats their travels well. She also said that there are places just for the travels to stay- that are close to the hospital and safe. She never had any issues. She also said that some of this review on line are bogus- she never had a single issue- as a single gal!!!! -

She highly recommend it so much that she sent her BFF to take her place who also travels. So......... then we talked about a lot of other stuff. It also came out I was super super super stressed over my house.
She suggested I do nothing with is for the first few assignments until I feel comfortable. Then decide. But that it would be to much to handle all that change with nothing to go back to if it wasn't for me. It made huge sense.

So I accepted.My mom has agreed to come by 2 times a week, collect my make- play with my lights on off and do walk throughs to make sure all is well. I am not going to rent/ or sell or do anything right now. I don't have to decide anything right now. I feel a huge relief in that.

So.......... That is all I know for today- That is enough!!!!!
I will get a formal contract tomorrow.

Lost a pound............

Sorry- I started off with me- so many moving parts. But it feels more settled.
-----------------------------------------------
Trig- Wow- look at you the shopping queen!!!!! So jelly you got Christmas done!!!!! I will be doing an AMAZON Christmas!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH
Is your hubby home?
Does the kiddo get any time off for Thanksgiving?

Did you get the credit card situation taken care of? What a mess.

NIC- Wow I read your comments about stats of crime- TN??? Come on now!!!! ALASKA???HAHAHAHAH- Ya- I will take it with a grain of salt if I get a tried and trued report!

I bet you were tired! - congrats on getting back to pre-vacay wt!!!!
Honey I am with ya on pounds to lose!!!! I am taking in in small chucks as well.

Do you have your many trees up? Funny I wasn't going to put up a tree and did- not I won't even be here. Maybe I will just leave it up till next year!!! HAHAHAHAH

Lori- - YES enjoy your facial. You totally deserve a girlie day!!!!
I JUST can't do cold!!!! Brrrrhhhhhhhh- I so have got to hand it to ya for being do dedicated.

Blue- HOPE YOU ARE WELL!!!
-----------------------------------------------
So much to think about and get done! - Gotta dig out some clothes
Think about what I am taking

Oh so much to do- My friend rolls in tomorrow.
OBTW- I was denied unemployment. If I want to appeal it - it will be 30 days before I would have a court date.
I will be happily making money in a warm climate- F it. Too much stress over 900 bucks-
Something has to give. - I won't even be here.

Till tomorrow- feel good - not hungry really not eating, just enough to put something there. All Carnivore.
  #2757   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-19, 06:31

BF:

Lori enjoy that facial....can't wait to hear about it

Nicco, yea I hear ya on decorating. I might get one of those 10 inch ceramic trees for the center of the table and turn it on with its 12 bulbs on it LOL I love decorating but honestly would rather take a day and go to the botanical gardens and enjoy their big display and get my fill....and one night get in the car with hubby and drive around the area and see outside lights. Done deal for me. Don't need more I get ya tho….downscale it to easy size at your house and enjoy it without a ton of work.

Super congrats on being down and doing so well on EOD. It is suiting you so great! I am happy you got your goal in mind and are going for it....so am I right now

Jaz..HOLY MOLY is all I can say. SUPER COOL. You got your first new job and it is travel and it will be such a wild experience....a good one I am sure.
Keep us updated on what is doing.....thank goodness for the internet cause you can come here and email us all about the job and new digs and more...can't wait....excited for you!

HI Blue and Greg!!!

off to moms today for shop trip as usual
didn't sleep good last night. went to bed SO early....before 10 and woke up at 2...ugh...then back to sleep around 5 and up real soon after that....just one of those bad nights. tired now. but will survive as usual as we all do

not sure on food but thinking burgers tonight. big old juicy ones. have to get meat from the store on the way home from moms.

hubby to come home tomorrow which is good....I need some chore stuff done, need him to drive cars and make some money, THEN he can go back off hunting. Hey as long as he gives me a few days here and there and does as he is told....haha...all is good with him leaving again.

great day all
  #2758   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-19, 06:50

BF:

Good Morning- ! I had to set my alarm to get up early as I had a ZILLION things to do today.

Let me ask you a question- have you ever done something, then go to bed and wake up the the next day and your stomach hits the floor and you say to yourself what have I done?
Well - I have the pre wedding gitters. Only this is pre- job jitters.

To put this into perspective: I have never been so far from home- nor gone as long.
All this being said- I think of NIC's son who is traveling through Europe right as I type this. All think of the people that serve in the military. Not that I am anywhere close to that level- the uncertainty of going into the unknown is scary as h~ll.

I am committed, I am going. I said I would. I look at this as a critical need for these people because I looked it, up it is. It is on the outskirts of major Indian reservations as well and is the ONLY hospital to serve a population of 10,000 people. There are no nurses to pool from.
I will be in the middle of NOWHERE. I am getting palpitations just thinking about it. Amazon will love me in the months to come.

I am having the same feeling I had right before I got married.
Funny story that was looking back. But at the time I was........ Ok, so here is the funny story.

I wanted to get married. I said yes. I was with my then to be guy for 3 years (granted I met him at 15 and got married at 18). But I was stepping into the unknown a different life.
So I had on my dress, my brides maid was there, my mother and HIS mother were there. We were in a church. The music started and I was standing at the door. They had just seated my mother and were coming back to get HIS mother, the music was playing and I started to faint. My knees started to buckle, I started to cry and faint. My Bridesmaid and HIS mother come over to fan me and assist. As they are standing over my I said very loudly- I CAN'T DO THIS.

At that point HIS mother sweetly leaned into my ear and said: Young lady get up and walk down that isle before I grab you by your hair and pull you there. Well I pulled myself together and walked. But in that second my world went upside down.
I spent 30 years of some of my best years and 2 kids later and don't regret it. Yea I am divorced- but I would not change those years. We just grew apart, we are still friends. We have all laughed for years over that story.

But the feeling were the same as I am having now. The good news is it is 13 weeks not 30 years and I have a house to come home to with change in my pocket. Plus it is a true need for a people that are willing to pay me to come from across the country to get there. Who knows I might fall in love with travel nursing. It IS SOMETHING I have always wanted to do. It is just jitters.

I did feel better to talk to that other traveler in person. she said she was a traveler for 7 years before she had kids and settled down. Now she coaches and places other travelers. She gave me her contact information. She told me that even after years and years of traveling she ALWAYS got nervous before a new assignment. She said after the first few days she was just fine. she compared it to starting a new school. I sure remember those days!

I sure have sucked up the pages on here. I apologize the all about my stuff!!!!! - But I am taking you ladies along for the ride! Thank god they have internet!!!!

I have a million things running through my head. things I need to NOT FORGET to do, things to pack. I know people do this every day.

Well I sure will have a ton to write about! I need to start a blog! I was also told to get back on Facebook and connect with all the other travelers. That is on my to do list!!!!

My "guest" comes into today and I hope he will help me get stuff done and calm my butt down a few notches.

I have lost another pound- almost 7. Yesterday I had about 5 fork fulls of a rotisserie chicken. I added truly a tablespoon or two on top and it mostly sat there. I flat was not hungry. I put food in my mouth that sat like a lump and didn't want to go down. It didn't feel good. My food sat like a brick in my stomach. NERVES.

I am truly surprised at myself. I didn't see this coming, I thought I was more flexible. I am just writing out the raw feeling of standing on a high dive looking down at the pool. It's that. Once I am in the "pool" I am good and swim- again it's just that second just before looking down.

Well- I will be back later with personals. sorry all about JAZZ. I know it will be fine. I am just writing.

It will be a lightening day even though I am putting ribs in the slow cooker. I am not in the mood.

Hope you are all well- back later
  #2759   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-19, 06:55

BF:

TRIG- We cross posted! Your post left me laughing!!!!!!!! I am so glad I am taking you ladies with me

You have the Pork Chop coming home for horse, $$$$$, a little hugs and kisses and - good bye! - A perfect marriage!!!!!
I alway said me working 3 shift kept me married as long as I was. We really saw each other. sometimes we literally waved in the driveway. It worked! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok- I have got to hit the shower!
  #2760   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-19, 07:14

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- I had the exact same sleeping night as you did, almost down to the exact same times. I just read my Kindle, and looked at instagram, but stayed in bed. Weird that we were both awake.

Glad your DH is coming home for a bit before he heads out again.

Since you are having burgers, you should make a Juicy Lucy! I might make them this weekend. Yum! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-wr9jiYNak

Jaz- Girl, I hear all your fears and I think they are totally and completely normal. Every one of them. I'd be concerned if you didn't feel that way.

As far as packing and such, remind yourself that there is virtually nothing that you can't buy over there. I have to tell myself that I'm not going to the moon. I can buy whatever I forget. Make sure you have your computer, your driver's license, your Bella. That kind of thing. Anything else you can just replace if you leave it, or have your Mom send it. That will alleviate the packing stress.

Not renting your home out will also ease your stress. Have you told your neighbor yet, that you won't be renting your home to her daughter? Also, your neighbors can keep an eye on your place.

BTW I smiled at your wedding story. I was hungover on my wedding day and also had those scared/ want to back out feelings. Same thing happens when I found out I was pregnant with each kid, or when we bought a new house etc. Any big commitment is scary as hell. But then it almost always ends up having been a good thing.

Hang in there, talk here, vent away. BREATHE. It is a three month adventure, and then you reassess. You can do this. Furthermore, going and doing something new is SO GOOD for your brain. You will be building all kinds of new synapses!

••••••••

All is well here. The next two days will be full so just trying to pace myself. Today is doing my doula job 10-1 and then the concierge job 2:30 - 8. At least my down day will keep me occupied!

I'm trying to be more intentional about getting some movement in. I've gotten a couple of walks done this week. Not super long, but still. Today it may not happen but I will be active and engaged, which is a different sort of good.

DS17 put my tree together last night, bless him. I made dinner (a rarity these days it seems!) and I had Pandora playing xmas songs during dinner. Sucked him right into the spirit! So now I will put up ornaments this week. He says he wants to be an Elf and put out the rest of the stuff by December 1. Cool.

We are just putting up the main tree, I think, and not the one in the living room. I have a little one for the kitchen island also.

My house is feeling cluttered lately. I really feel like I need to take a day and just get some stuff cleared out. Little piles in the corners, you know? It bugs me!

That's about it from here. Nothing too exciting!
Closed Thread