Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 15:55
Registered Member

Plan: atkins-modified
Stats: 225/213/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default how slow do you lose?

I just finished week 2 on low carb. The first week I lost 5 pounds!!!! VERY unheard of for me! I have tried so many different ways to lose weight. I even did a doctor supervised liquid diet and didn't lose that much! But at the end of the second week I have only lost one additional pound. I am still happy with the 6 pounds total in two weeks! And I know I have alwys lost so very slow... but I guess I am just hoping to hear that the low carb thing will not lead me to lose .25 pounds every two week.
So what's been your experience?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-11, 12:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/147/128 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi there and welcome! I noticed that no one has responded yet, so I wanted to stick my neck out there...

As long as I am following Atkins to a T (no variations for me!) I typically loose about 1-2 lbs. each week. But it varies - some weeks I might loose 4-5 and some 0. The important thing for me is to stick with it and keep moving.

HTH.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-11, 12:57

Plan: VLC, Paleo
Stats: 243/228.4/135 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:way too much!!!
Progress: 14%

I only lost 2 lbs this week ( my 1st week of induction) and have been in ketosis since day 2. I have read a lot about how our metabolism gets messed up from dieting on and off again - so, I'm sticking it out for 90 days and better see results! Maybe we can do this challenge together? i know how hard it can be not seeing the scale move in those 1st weeks, which is usually HIGH for most.

If I can do it, you can toooo ! ! !
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 07:22
Registered Member

Plan: atkins-modified
Stats: 225/213/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Thanks for the responses gals! This PCOS thing has really kept me from seeing results in the past. I even did a liquid diet (med supervised) and lost so little ... however, God is so blessing my efforts this time, and I am seeing results. Not the "lost 14 pounds in two weeks" results... but the scale is moving!!!! Yep, we can do this thing!!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 07:31

Plan: my own
Stats: 224.8/207/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

i have had ups and downs i won't lie. i started oct 10 2010 and have lost 36 lbs to date. granted i went two months without losing any weight at all but stuck with it because the inches came off and i feel so much better eating this way. for me low carb is my life losing weight is a side effect.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 12:57

the scale budged today. i realized I weighed myself after 5 days, instead of 7!...its only a 7lb loss, but I'll take it. I think all of us would secretly like to lose 5lbs/week, each week, but we know (or at least I do) that it is not like that....its a long process and not always a linear(downward slope) progress..

this is why I'm glad for this support site...it keeps me motivated for the long run!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 13:00

~amomathome: hope you are doing well todayl. you should create a journal, so we can 'visit' each other's 'homes'
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-11, 06:59

Plan: Loose Atkins induction
Stats: 183/175/130 Female 63
BF:
Progress:

Sometimes I feel as though I'm losing slow, but I think its more normal than slow. A pound a week is good, sometimes more, but I just want it to come off faster!!!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-11, 04:02

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 180/167/145 Female 162cm
BF:
Progress:

I lose very slow, but I have heard from many other PCOS'ers that this tends to be the case for them as well. In total starting from my highest weight, I have lost about 25kg (55lbs) but that has taken me many years. The first 15kg(33lbs) came off fairly quickly when I first started going to a gym, but I gained again a bit after I stopped. That was 10years ago. The remainder has come off slowly in the last 3 years, with 6kg (13lbs) of that being since I started low carb/low GI in October last year.

I say dont get down hearted, our PCOS means that it will take us longer to lose than other folks, that just part of the nature of the beast. But if you go whole lifestyle change and not just crash diets etc, then you will see a loss and one that you can maintain.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-11, 09:04

Plan: LC Paleo
Stats: 211/177/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

Sometimes it's 2 pounds a week for a month, sometimes I go a couple of months where it's less than a pound a week. The main thing for me is that this is the way I will eat for the rest of my life, so as long as the scale isn't going up I'm ok with it.