Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-10, 07:40

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 210.5/210.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Started on 6/1

Hello everyone I am back to this WOE for life. I had done it partially way back 5-6 years ago. But after countless diets and etc. I found CAD again and this is the plan for me. I know carbs are a problem for me but yet I can't seem to stay on restricted like atkins. This plan is so AWESOME helps to control those cravings but lets me eat in situations and ect without the guilt when I balance.

I just got the CALP book and the Heart Healthy one. I skimmed through both of them last night, they seem very very similar if not identical. I liked the CALP cuz the book was larger with bigger print..lol

To give some background I was 13 years ago 296 and over the course of time got down to 168 with various plans to now withing the last 4 years my weight has crept up to 202 again. I never wanted to see that number again on the scale. So considering I have tried everything under the sun to lose, even considered lap band surgery (which I don't qualify for). I know counting calories doesn't work, I know making everything I eat a point doesn't work, I know tracking everything I eat doesn't work, I know never eating a potato or piece of bread again doesn't work. Therefore I know CALP will work. I don't have to count, just balance. I can balance.

Looking for help and inspiration. I can do this. I see lots of very inspiring stories on here.

I have lots of questions.. just not sure I should ask before I read more. I don't want to ask something that has been asked a thousand times.

But anywhoosit, stop my babbling and say .... Hi
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-10, 09:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Welcome back Carla.

I too am newly back to LC WOE, I lost about 20 pounds back in 2001 and was down to 180, only to put it all back on plus, I was up to 283 when I had my gastric bypass in 2003, which worked somewhat, I was able to get down to 182 but not for long, so I can say that gastric bypass is not the answer, at least for me.

On 5-17, I weighed 204.5, I have struggled with the same 20 to 30 pounds for years now, not to mention that I am only 5' 5" and need to weigh 140ish.

Today, 6-2, I weigh 193 and feel great, this time is different than it was in 2001 for me, I think that I finally get it.

Good luck with your journey.

Roxanne/ringamajig
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-10, 09:38

BF:

Thank you Roxanne and you are doing a great!!!

I really agree that this time I feel like I get it too.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-10, 13:05
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Carla-
I remember you! Welcome back!
you are right- the 2 books you got are very similar. I like the CAHHP one because they had a cardiologist writing it too- neither of the Hellers is a doctor.

You can do this-

still here after all these years and happy to help-
E
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-10, 22:41

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Carla, welcome back!

I believe this way of eating is the easiest way to eat and still lose weight. I also believe that this way of eating is necessary for some of us and if we do not plan on following it for life, we can count on watching the scale go right back up.

The best part of following this way of eating is that there is nothing that we can not have! Gaining control is a wonderful feeling and I wish you well!

This site survives on questions, so ask away!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-10, 22:47

Stats: 280/265.2/170 Female 5, 5
BF:
Progress: 13%

Welcome back Carla...I'm just newly "back" myself.
And PS I HAVE a lapband so does a very good friend. And I'm still gaining weight. I believe that I have to eat right in order to lose weight. I just found ways to work around the band and pig out. My friend has gained all her weight back from the LB and then some. Works for some folks, but it didn't work for either of us.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-10, 07:21

BF:

Thank you all, I have had some "learning" days so far starting and reading and getting myself on track. But I know this is the way to lose and keep it off.

You are all great inspiration. Thank you so much.

I just have to get a food down as to what I can have on CM and the balance of the RM. The cheat sheets helps a lot..just have to remember to take it with me..lol
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-10, 07:24

BF:

Blackstone - are you starting back with CAD or CALP? We are close in weight.

That is interesting with the lap band, I do know those that it didn't work for also. My sister had gastric bypass and now has gained some back. She is struggling now to lose again. She gained hers back due to pregnancy and 4 months bed rest.

Sometimes we look for the quick easy way. But know that eating right and exercise is the only way. Which this WOE is so nice.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-10, 13:49

Stats: 280/265.2/170 Female 5, 5
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi Carla -I'm doing atkins...its the only plan that has worked for me. Quick fixes have never worked for me. I've always looked for the easier softer way, but never worked.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-10, 14:03

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Somewhere around here there is a Semi low carb thread that might be really helpful for you. I am a softened Atkinseer - I eat potatoes and fruit, more like a Paleo approach.

Good luck and welcome back! (I'll duck out of CAD/CALP now!)