Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-12, 09:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/180/130 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default No carbs at all?

So I've had a problem with yeast and BV for a little over a year and it truly sucks. Well it's worse than that but for now I will go with it sucks.

The one problem I'm having is if I don't eat carbs I can't work out as hard as I want to. I've been hitting the gym the last few months and I'm really liking lifting weights but I tried to low carb it a few times and it didn't work so good.

I felt horrible the next day and even though I had plenty to eat (low carb) I was still hungry and eventually ate a bunch more. If I have some carbs right after my work out I don't have this problem.

Anyway I guess the question is will I be able to have one High carb meal a day? or will that feed the yeast?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-12, 09:19
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 150/130/130 Female 64in
BF:17%-18%
Progress: 100%

I don't lift heavy, so I can't exactly prattle on about how I feel fine with little to no carbs whatsoever...but I will tell you this. Carbs feed yeast. If you want to starve it to death and get rid of it, you might need to just push past the feeling of discomfort. Embrace the suck :P.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-12, 21:29
Registered Member

BF:

Well I'm thinking I'm going to try to go to the gym more often and just do fewer lifts. I'm thinking if I spread out the lifting over a few days then I can maybe deal with it.

I think if I can avoid those leg burning lifts or at least do fewer reps I may be able to handle it.

I also wanted to ask you all whats the deal with vinegar? I see it on all the no lists for the yeast diet's and I don't understand why.

Also I was wondering what kind of success this diet produces? I've tried a lot of things to try and fix this and nothing has worked so far, it would just be comforting to know some people have been able to beat the yeast.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-12, 23:25

Plan: Atkins, Anti-Candida diet
Stats: 128/121.2/118 Female 5'5"
BF:hip/waist ratio
Progress: 68%

You can eat carbs. Only, they have to be complex carbs, not simple carbs. Very good are: brown rice, wild rice, beans, lentils, quinoa, amarath, oats, etc.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-12, 23:30

Plan: Atkins, Anti-Candida diet
Stats: 128/121.2/118 Female 5'5"
BF:hip/waist ratio
Progress: 68%

I don't know what you have tried, but are you taking probiotics? One of the candida diet's goals is to turn your body's ph more alcaline again. Lots of chemicals, alcohol, sweets, cheese, etc. create acidic environment in the body.

I did beat my recurrent yeast infections. I was clear for more than a year , but then I started eating carbs, splenda, and all kinds of c*** and I am dealing with the yeasty beasties again...
I seem to be very sensitive to processed food and chemical additives in food...
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-12, 22:43
Registered Member

BF:

I've been taking probiotics twice a day for a very long time now and I haven't noticed much difference. I've also tried various suppositories, such as garlic, H2O2, probiotic as well as whatever the doctor prescribed.

Also I look around at the anti-yeast diets on the internet and many of them have contradictory information.

I've heard of the alkaline diet but I was not able to follow it, I just couldn't eat that many veggies. It seems that the alkaline folks want you to be a vegetarian. I like some veggies but not all the time.

Anyway I'm gonna keep following the low carb yeast diet and see how I'm doing after a month or so.