Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 13:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 311/291/160
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default I scored 224...

I scored 224 and I think I was being a bit conservative on some of the questions in the second section and third section. I am very interested in this because I feel so bad right now. I am on the Atkins diet (second time) and I am 12 days into it....I don't feel good at all. The afternoons are incredibly bad and I am so fatigued that I can hardly type. My wrists and arms are fatigued while I am typing this message.

I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia/myofacia pain syndrome but I am having a hard time accepting it. A few months ago my hair started falling out. There are NO bald spots and no one can tell except me. It is very significant since I have never had more than a normal loss before.

I think this would be worth talking to my Dr. about but what tests do I ask to have done? Do I handle this with over the counter meds or is their something that a script needs to be written for?

I have had the diarrhea one day and constipation the next....it is all better with the diet...so I think I am on the right track. How long does it take to feel better on this WOE???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 09:09

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 241/212.5/150 Female 68 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 31%

Could someone tell me where I can find this test??

Thanks!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 13:51
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

There is a link to this test in my signature. My score was 295. I went on an anti candida diet for 3 months and recently switched to Schwartzbein. What you're experiencing now are die off symptoms. You'll feel worse before you feel better. Come to my journal and start at the top. There are a few of us in there you're fighting this, we all have or have had fibro also. We all recently switched to TSP II, but did an anti candida diet first. Atkins is good for that. It excludes most of the things you shouldn't have. I have links in my journal too and we all talk about the supplements we've used. Grapefruit seed extract is good and not expensive. Feel free to ask questions, that's how our little group started, journal hopping. Hope this all helps you and if you stick with it, you WILL feel better!!!

Liz