Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-18, 04:51

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good morning!

BLUE- Love that quote- ......and STILL I RISE!!!!!!- So true for us! All of us actually! Very nicely done! I have found that sometimes someone will say something at just the right time. Then I grab onto that a go- until the next phrase! But then again I am a word junkie!
YES BLUE- I have your recommendations for something to watch! I wrote them down and have a free night tonight- So I will keep you posted. Dexter is getting a bit old- as I have already watched it once.
CONGRATS TO YOU FOR GETTING IT DONE!!!!! Doesn't it feel great to concur a project! I hope you get some business for your efforts.
It sounds like you are CaptD for sure! I so wish I could do those shakes. I love them for sure. I don't have the need to eat- just to not be hungry. So a shake would work for me too! I am still testing a few. Most are gritty, or have to many carbs, Whey, or dairy. I envy you gals that can do dairy I really do. Makes this WOE so much more doable. You and Lori with your Cream, shakes, Trig with her Alfredo, Nic with her cream too! Oh well.... I WILL RISE ABOVE DAIRY - HA
Glad your hubby's knee is doing better. Did he twist it? But kiddo point on the Attic!!!!! You are getting there. Are you going to go for the Sept deadline? Have you picked your Apt yet? Do you have to put down a deposit? It would be sweet if you could start moving stuff in slowly soon- rather than have to put it back into the house.
Keep up the great MOJO!!!!!

TRIG- you crack me up. You got out of the MALL trip huh!!!!? Picked up school supplies- this and that can sure add up.
You are super SUPER on weight lose mode! Wow- when you wrap your head around something - watch out! GOOD on you! I need a tad of that giddy up right about now!!!!!
Hope you got your skin in- rain, and more rain coming your way- a few dark days to come!

Lori- I know you are happy as a clam! Time off and now all about taking care of you! You are truly in a sweet spot! I am getting the Garmin sport- I will get the model number next post. It should be on my door today!

Nic- HAPPY travels- hope your back feels better! I am thinking new bed in your near future when you get back! Don't let that go!
Tell us all about your travels!!!!

KMOM- I agree with what Blue said. I can't tell ya what to do. But you are missed. Read my last post- no perfection on this thread. Just a refusal to give up.
---------------------------------------------
Not much to add- from last night. I have a FULL day at work- with back to back to back meeting, web meetings too- and no computer. Should be interesting- I am not that stressed about it. None of it is in my control.

I am going to RELAX tonight before diving into a killer paper on the horizon. Worked my fingers tired last night- but hit that deadline.

WOE- I have no words- except I refuse to give up. I WILL RISE!!!!! Thank you BLUE! It is a true struggle. I go along for really long stretches with flying colors- then boom hit that brick wall.So I have hit it- and am ready to dust off, and stand up and give it a go again. I need to hit that kept side again. Once I find I get there- my chemistry changes and I can coast in LC pretty well. It's the getting there.

Gotta run- as usual ran out of time!
Salmon today. Have a good one all
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-18, 05:22

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, are you in Canada now? I lost which day you were flying out. If you are have a blast, safe travels and enjoy!!!!

KM, got your cruise pic. Very nice! All one big smiling family!
Take a break but not long, come back and chat up when rested.

Blue, so happy that attic is on its way to being totally cleared out. Your DH is doing a fab job, he is gungho and going at it
It is summer vacations, slow time for work and all so I get what you are saying about work.

It sounds like you guys are in a good spot right now and everything is rolling forward without a bad hitch. Keep on trucking!

Girl I so can't wait to hear about your new digs? How you are decorating? And you have a pool situation and more right? I see your posts saying you and Dh are floating around the pool next summer, drink in hand and relaxing and more Such new life fullness coming your way

Jaz, no need to kick you at all
Carbs for sensitive people like us are a nightmare and treat the body so badly, plus the mental game of it all, wanting what we can't have...there will be times we will go thru crazy town on this! I sure have

but remember one thing, how great you felt while doing total 0 carb! How you were in that zone, body felt thinner and healthier, you were very clear thinking, you had that vibrancy we haven't had for a long time while slowly dying eating carbs You want that back! I know you do LOL

Key here now is eat ONLY THE TOP loves. Get crab legs and butter. Get a big juicy rack of ribs. Do not think of calories at all. You must think 100% ALL about the delish meat/seafood out there you love and what fills the belly and makes you smile. Get out the BBQ and go for it! It is remembering that on zero carb we can eat SO well. It is about pleasing the mind and filling the belly....in short time you will be in control again and you will be raring to go and can hit that zone of feeling not hungry and in good form, you know, when you are in that sweet spot and doing well. It absolutely can come back

You got this girlie!!!

Hey all
I am in sinus yuk mode.
days of low pressure storms around, cloudy and sprinkly and rainy etc with sun thrown in. I did manage to swim for about an hr. when the sun was out in full force then all kinds of nasty clouds came in again and took out the day kinda.

Sinus headache behind the eyes. Watery eyes. Burning eyes. Burning nose and clogged. My one ear is kinda clogged and have that 'my head weighs 150 lbs.' feeling. In a fog for sure.
Taking my drugs and hoping for clear skies sooner than later.

Not doing much today. Swimmy-headed and not feeling it at all to move fast.

Kiddo still under the weather a bit but doing ok.

WHAT WE ALL NEED is our friggin' beach trip on the 10th
Need that salty air in our faces
Need to chill at the beach and forget about everything. I don't get sinus at the beach like I do inland. We all need to get away and fast!!

have this and that small things to do today

not pushing at all

I cleared out my back hallway near hubby's hunting room. I put stupid stuff there like dog's metal cage thing we don't use. I have my extra parts to my metal detectors, our plug in big cooler we take on vacays and more.

Yesterday I decided to clear it all out and find a home for all this crap and I did. Hallway is 100% opened up now and even tho we don't ever use that door into the house, now you can
It was my one place I just had stuff stacked along the wall and not wanting to think about it or attack it. Well it has been attacked and it is perfect Done deal on that one. Never to be done again LOL

Next is kid's back play room. Told her to start thinking about what last of the stuffed animals can go. We are weeding down now to the bare minimum she still wants to keep, rest are going bye bye! Time to get the old painting canvas and more out of there. Clear out her shelves and clean up the drawers of packed old markers, paints and more. Will pick a day when she hits school again and make that happen.

super simple food today
drinking an Atkins protein shake for brunch time--240 kcals
dinner tonight is 4 super thin cut pork chops. Can't be much in kcals really, will have to kitchen scale those things tonight and look up kcals. I am sure they won't be high, this butcher cuts these things so close to paper thin, I love them this thin and hubby hates them LOL

great day all
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-18, 06:01

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I was up WAY early this morning, but waited to post since I knew Jaz wanted to be first this morning!

As predicted, I am already rebelling at the measuring and tracking all my food. Bah! The more I think about doing all that, the hungrier I get! I'm just keeping it all LC choices and doing my best.

Yesterday afternoon I decided that I was tired of my shoulder length hair and wanted it cut. I had gotten 2 inches cut off a couple weeks ago and it was just an awkward length. Couldn't make a decent pony tail and it was just curly and fuzzy in this humidity. Anyway, I texted my stylist and asked her to let me know if she had any cancellations. I got a text from her at 5 yesterday that she had an appt not show and could I come right away...hooray! I got there in about 10 minutes and I now have my short, funky haircut. Love it! Short in the back and sides and longer layers on top. It's sure not for everyone, but I've always liked my hair short. So easy and works well for shoving under my hat for golf.

Jaz....enjoy your night off from school work. Good idea to get a head start on your next project after taking tonight to recharge. Hope they get your computer at work fixed. Maybe while you're in your meetings they will get it up and running.

Nic.....safe travels and have an awesome time. Can't wait to hear about what all you got to see and do.

Trig...it's no wonder you're having sinus issues with this crazy weather. We have a horrible, rainy day today. Good for you for tackling a big project and getting it done! Feels great, right?

Blue....sounds like you and DH are really making great progress at your house. Like Jaz, I'm wondering if you've picked out your new place and if you'll plan to move before your house is sold. I so admire how you are able to just have a shake and then 1 meal a day. I really need to get hold of myself and try that plan.

KMom...it was so good to see you pop in! Loved your family picture. Hope you all had a wonderful time. Imagine going on a week long cruise and not gaining any weight?! WOW!

Well, my cleaning lady is coming today and I'll go to the gym while she's here. Not sure what time that will be, probably early afternoon.

Hugs to you all!
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-18, 13:58

BF:

Me again. Bad day here guys. I did not go to the gym. Did not go for a walk/run. Sigh...What I did do was eat something that is certainly NOT on my plan. It is over and I think I have turned a corner in my mind. Instead of beating myself up about it, I have chosen to just move on. Begin again, as it were.

I have laid out clothes for the gym for tomorrow morning. I should know myself well enough to know that if I don't do my workout in the morning, it doesn't happen. So...I will put on my workout clothes first thing in the morning, have a cup of coffee and then head to the gym or out for my walk/run...whatever is the plan for the day. It must become part of my routine.

Enough of my whining. Hope you've all had a good day.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-18, 16:25

BF:

Oh how I envy you gals that can do shakes- darn it I will find one that works for me too. Trial and error. Adkins- Whey= milk= IBS= gut attack= colon cleanse. I know TMI!

You are right LORI- I JUST HAD TO BE FIRST POSTER THIS MORNING
Girl I get ya on putting bad day behind. But Trig said she didn't kick my but but I got exactly what I needed. Read it last post to me-
WE DO FEEL so much better when we are in our sweet spot. AND that is different for each of us. for you - you have a bit more leeway. Me not so much. Brush it off and reboot! Tomorrow is a new day- you are the most in shape of all of us. I love your ability to get up and go back to the gym! Do you like the gym?

NIC- you are walking your way though fun and excitement- can't wait to hear!

Trig- as always my sister in LC Warrior!We KNOW where we need to be. So far today so good. Took your advice- no counting- just top quality top self LC food- under I can get this under control. Then I can move to more counting and all. I have ribs for tomorrow- small side salad- new shake to try 2 carbs for lunch.
NO SECONDS tonights- Made it though today! That is all I hoped for- just today- kitchen closed. Put dishes away ASAP- and leftover in a bag- out of way.
If I have to come here 50 times tonight to keep from over eating I will! I am that fragile right now- feel like starting over. I got really hit by ONE lunch.

Remember that story from Al Roker who lost all his weight. Well he made a comment only a true food addict can get. He said "yes I look great, BUT I am one cheeseburger and fries away from gaining it all back.
The regular people don't get it. It is just like the crack addiction- just takes once to backslide if ya don't get a handle on it. Then ya get a "taste" DEADLY-
YUP I know what to do - got this.

GIRL - you got a TON of rain heading your way!!!!!! Just saying. Hopes the kiddo feels better

Blue- see above post to you! Hope you had a fabulous day!I am taking your advice and watching the divorced Netflix- Thanks Hope you are great!
-----------------------------------------------
So much to say- not going to. Leaving work at the door tonight. Other than to say they replaced my computer. More tomorrow- not now. OK- They are wanting to train me for my bosses job. I am stopping there because I really don't want her job. I am stopping here or I will get worked up again.

Had salmon tonight, asparagus- just a couple- an no SEOCNDS.

I am relaxing tonight - the second this post is over I am snapping this computer shut and putting my head and mind on cruise control- and Netflix. tomorrow I will concur the world. tonight - not so much.

So far so good WOE!!!!!! RAIN here heavy for the next 4-5 days- gray dark and I am good with it.

PEACE
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-18, 19:13

BF:

Girls friends guide to divorce episode 3 now! nice BLUE
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-18, 21:25

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Bon soir, mon ami!

Writing late, 11:23 here in Montreal but we are here! Got in around 5:30 PM after a flight and a 5 hour drive, rested a bit, then out to dinner and some walking around. Turned out that tonight was one of the nights of an International Firework competition so we walked partly over to Old Port and watched a bit of that, but it didn't start until ten. After about 20 minutes we started back to the apartment and walked in a nice light summer rain. Now we are back and about to turn in for the night. Tomorrow we will be up and at em with a walking tour but I will try to check in!
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-18, 04:06

BF:

Good Morning!

Thanks for checking in Nic! Sounds like you have hit the ground running! Have a fabulous time.

Jaz...hope you enjoyed your "night off". Hope it was the recharge you needed to get busy on that next paper.

Blue...missed an update from you yesterday. Hope all is well and that you were just busy.

Trig...have you made it to the mall for back to school shopping? Hard to believe that it's time for the kids to go back.

I'm dressed for the gym and will be heading there in a few minutes. I have some laundry spinning already and a trip to the grocery store must happen today sometime too. I bought some loose sausage at the butcher shop yesterday and I'm going to cook that up and have some eggs for "brunch" yum!

Later!
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-18, 04:13

BF:

WOW- Ok Lori- Your turn to post first. I bet you are sleeping in you lucky dog you!!!!!

Not much to add- sleepy this morning. I am seriously going to be looking for a new position today. When ya dread going to word it's time.

LOVED the Netflix pic BLUE!!!!!!! Thumbs up! Hope your day is great

TRIG- on plan Stan!!- you watch TV? I never hear you talk about shows.

talked out - ever feel that way? I was in back to back meeting yesterday it made my head spin. "They" want to turn me into a bean counter. I hate that job. I couldn't give a crap about reports and bean counting, and stats. If I wanted to do that I would have been an analyst. I am now responsible for learning my bosses job.
I was pulled aside yesterday and sat down by the VP and her side kick. And basically told that all reports will be pulled and run through me before my boss get them. I informed them I don't even know what reports my boss pulls.
Well they say- it's about time you know. Why I say- Well...... long pause..... We want you to get the experience, and if she is ever you know on vacation or sometime you can step in.
I got it- I bet she grabs her bonus next Feb- and quits. They are training me now to take her place.
Thing is I DON'T want her job. AND it feels like just one more thing on my already full plate. It is stressing me out. I don't want to do her job and mine!
I swear If I hear the word " I NEED..........." I will scream!

Speaking of needs. I had to turn down my DD for a get together this weekend. She wanted a baby sitter and I have a paper to write! I can't write if I am holding babies. As much as I would rather play with the kids!

Stayed up to late and got up to soon. Boy I sound whiny this morning! I will stop and be back later!!!!!! Off to have more coffee- and jump in the shower.

ON Plan today- tossing ribs in the crock pot. I bought a tiny crock pot- but it hold one rack of ribs. That is all I need! Trying a new shake for lunch. Made with pea protein. 3 carbs and 26 grams of protein. I really hope I like it. I want to jump on a shake train too!!!!

Have a great day
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-18, 04:15

BF:

HAHAHAHAH Lori- cross posted- you are first poster!
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-18, 08:14

BF:

Nicco sounds like you had an exhausting day but nice thing is on vacay everything is on your schedule so you take your time and enjoy this great trip!!!

Lori so happy you found your new cut to be just what you wanted!
Hey, hair on gals is super important LOL and when ya hit that good spot you feel great also!!

eating something bad. WE ARE all into that 'it is time to do something' again and we don't like it one bit I know I don't but it is time for commitment and mojo again for all of us cause we SEE it. We know what is going down here and while we can pretend for a while and say we must hit the gym and more---we all know it is 99% about what food goes into our mouths and while that stinks, oh yea it does for me also LOL we have to also know that excuse time is over for all of us.

hey, we are all heading for 'reboot' as Jaz said. We all are testing the waters before 'real reboot' of our food menu comes into play but pick a day and do it. do it 100% of your lc eating plan. No more excuses. It gives us back so much! It gives us back that smile and control and knowing we are on that right path. gives us back our vitality of eating well to fuel the body.
hey we got this

Jaz you be sure to EAT great meat/seafood while adjusting back. And plenty of it. A few days of eating all you want of the correct food helps us move forward, total keto again, body adjusts and we find our sweet spot and can hold it so well, plus we get our energy back, our better understanding of what it takes for us physically....you rock on those ribs and enjoy the heck out of them and if starving after, you grill up some nice shrimp to act as dessert LOL I sure have done that when needed!

School getting annoying and in the way. But if your job sight is not our your boss's job then you keep that school as priority to make your escape. You can then 'tweak' your job thru that education to make 'your personal job and hrs' as you see fit and help many and pull in great money doing just that You are in a good place, hold strong!

hey all
weather is a bear and I am hating on it
like 2-3-4 more days of nasty, cloudy, bad sun, ick temps and a lot of rain. bleck

maybe I can get kiddo off to a few stores and for shoes in a bit. told her it WAS going down. losing time with trip and all for back to school so I am going to make this day happen, well maybe LOL

food today is
bacon/cheese omelet (all smaller than my normal sized one)
and shrimp in alfredo sauce tonight.

easily holding kcals. do I want more food, darn right I do HAHA but I am putting in some 'no matter what' effort and doing just that!

am I irked about weight loss mode? darn right I am but again, I know what has to go down and I am doing just that.

story to be continued....heehee

great day all
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-18, 17:58

BF:

Trig we are getting the sucking weather-!!!!!

Off to watch Girlfriends guide to divorce. The only thing is they are all toothpick girls with beautiful clothes, jobs, and hair- land of beautiful.
Otherwise- great show-

Worked a 12 hour day today- talked out- mind bend!!!!
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-18, 19:19

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trigger---You are a wonder of resolve and commitment. Once you make up your mind, "get our of her way!" You WILL lose weight on this, but keep your patience at bay. Body can hold and hold and act like you're not doing anything different, and then one fine day---the DROP! Once you get to where you're at least OK with and maintain your plan for awhile, your body will hug your new weight and not want to let go, even if you up the cals a bit as long as your stay zero carb.

You asked about plans for our new place. We do have an apartment in mind, in our neighborhood. We have a couple of friends who live there. It's selling points are it is very spacious---so important to me--- has a small screened in porch, and YES, a pool! And a pretty good sized one. Also, amazing closets everywhere compared to what we have now.

I have been working on design boards for it. Since I do this for work, it's pretty zippy and easy for me to do. My overall plan is to keep it very light and airy. Living room/dining room, kitchen , long hallway and master bedroom will be a beautiful soft cashmere gray. VERY LIGHT, without being white, and with warm undertones so not cold at all. It's the color we re-did out LR and DR in a year or two ago, and I just love it. It reminds me of fancy stationary, so crisp and elegant, and bounces ANY color off of it so beautifully.

With less windows and space I want clean, crisp and light to carry through most of place. Getting a new sofa that is so fab, almost the color of the wall---very sleek but so comfy and will compliment our other sofa so well. Then I will add pops of color everywhere, in my artwork, pillows, throws etc.

Then might have some fun with different colors in the 2 bathrooms and other 2 bedrooms/office, if we decide to go for the 3 bedroom. Struggling with that choice. 3 bedroom is between 250 and 300 more a month, but seems worth it in many ways. And in other ways I'm saying no, too much money. But both hubby and I need an office so...I dunno. We'll see.

Today I found the perfect quilt for the bedroom. Quits sound old fashioned but today don't have to be at all. This one is white w/an East Indian Gray print. I like that they are flat and clean looking and not poofy like down coverlets Have been using contemporary quilts for years. They are warm enough and 100% cotton so they breathe beautifully. Also found great curtains. BOTH of these are so reasonably priced I can't believe my good luck to have found them. I have the most amazing BIG framed photograph of Indian women seated in their various brilliantly colored saris, taken by a pal of mine and blown up, so gorgeous. This will go over the bed and accent colors will come from that. Very jazzed about this.

Sorry for going on and on, but it is a pleasure to begin to feel the excitement of running to something new and different, rather than sad feelings of leaving something old and beloved.

You have always said to me, "this is going to be exciting and new and fresh" in various words, and I'm beginning to believe you, pal.

Jaz---DON'T let them push you into a job that you don't want and isn't about your wheel bucket and what you love to do! It's tricky, because when you turn down "promotions" w/big companies they tend to frown on it. But there's a way to handle that with honest communication. I HATE when they do this---take someone out of something they're good at and stuff them in at a "higher level" rather than doing their work and finding the right person for that job. Good luck w/this honey, it would have me really anxious too. I know how they operate.

As usual, Trig gives excellent advice. Now, while you're just trying to get out of the clutches of a carb overdose, DON'T worry about calories first. Just get back to your LC woe. Once that happens, your hunger will dissipate some and THEN you will be able to take on calories too.

We always want to go from naughty to nice at the speed of lightening, but it doesn't work that way. Takes some steps in-between. First priority, back to LC eating, treat yourself to the best of that.

Glad you're enjoying Girl Friends Guide to Divorce. It just gets better and is just plain fun.

Oh and hey, check out MRM's Egg protein powder for shakes on Amazon. NO whey. You can do eggs, right?

Lori---Love that you got a snappy new haircut. That always makes me feel great. Plus, imo, as we grow a bit older, for many of us, longer hair just tends to pull our faces down. I have a pal who just cut her shoulder length hair into a darling short bob. My God, swear it took years off her face and the cut itself is so much more contemporary. Truly an amazing difference.

Hey, I did leave you my recipe for Balsamic dressing, as you requested, a few posts back. You didn't mention it, no worries. Just want to make sure you caught it.

Nic---Looking forward to your next report. So fun to hear you're THERE and beginning your adventure.

K-mom ---- Hope you're recovering from your vacation---I know, weird we have to do that, but we do---and will be back soon. We miss you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are SO moving along. Got bids on new roof today. Shiver me timbers. But our realtor thinks it's worth it. We have the charming shake shingles, but they are growing old and mossy. As he said "Thing is, many who would be interested in your house are not going to want to deal with that roof, and if they do, they'll try to reduce your price for more than it will cost you to do it, if you bid properly.

So today we got 3 bids, one more coming in. Lord, what a difference in the bids! Big project like this really requires multiple bids AND meeting with the company that's going to do it. I am really pleased w/one company, who has come in substantially under the other two companies, but that's not the only reason I liked him. He was just a good, honest guy, I could feel it. And they get 5 stars on their site from many customers. One more bid to come in and then we'll take the scary financial plunge. But our realtor says we'll get it back, AND take away a major obstacle to many on our beautiful home. Roof guy I liked went on and on and on about what a great house it is. And it is. So shining her up like no one's business. We don't have the time to fool around.

BEST NEWS OF THE DAY. 4 solid days on LC AND reduced calories. So despite my trepidation about seeing no change on the scale, I got on it anyway. 3.5 pounds down! This is since last Monday morning, right after my carb bacchanalia weekend. I was getting too close to that line I never want to cross again. 200.

3 pounds away from my long time settling point, second best low. I will get there first, and then I'm hoping the mojo of this new start will take me on a journey to lose more. Another 5 to 10 pounds down from that would be GREAT.

Oh man, I feel SO MUCH BETTER. Yeah, I have some cravings after a rather long period of eating off plan on and off, but the trade off is so worth it. My clothes are already fitting better. That's the motivation I need.

Remember gals, it is ALWAYS a trade off. We can go off plan and have some fun, but that mushroom top and flabby middle will chase us to kingdom come when we do. And it only gets bigger.

I am enjoying my LC food. Have all my faves on hand, and that is a must. Also, drinking lots of water. Not crazy. 8 glasses a day is crazy for me and keeps me running to the loo for no good reason I can see. But half that, cold and frosty, seems to be helping.

Feeling very good that we're all taking the challenge to do better together. Funny how we all kind of hit the skids at once. LOL, is this like gal pals whose periods become synchronized?
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-18, 21:53

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey chicks!

I got caught up on just the past day with you all.

Blue- I LOVE the sound of your paint colors and decoration ideas for your new apartment. I really do! I would vote for three bedrooms but if you would rather allocate that money to something else (travel or otherwise) is there any way to do that second bedroom as an office since your son doesn't visit much? Maybe not a Murphy bed although they might have some sleek ones, I don't know.. but anyway, just a thought.

EXCELLENT on dropping your 3+ pounds! You go, girl!! You got after them fast!

Trig- You are fired up and going to town! I bet those pounds are running scared. Did you get DD out of the house and into the shopping yet?

Jaz- Aw hon, I am sorry that work is just so crummy right now, I really am. It sounds so stressful. And having to do school too; well, you just have a whole lot on your plate.

Lori- Did you get your gym visit in? Glad you got a hair cut you are happy with. That is always a happy thing!

••••••••••

Today was a FULL day here. We ate a quick breakfast here in the condo and then headed out for our walking tour "Beyond the Basilica." It was great. I was looking for a tour that wasn't just the Old Town, history based tour and that is exactly what I found! Not only did we see the Basilica and a bit of old town, but we went into a bit of the Underground City, we had a HOT fresh bao from Chinatown, we went to the most overwhelmingly bizarre and funky thrift shop I have ever seen, we saw street art that was outstanding and we went to a cool little art gallery. They had the best little subversive die-o-rama boxes that I just fell in love with. They are horribly wonderful! We ended at a coffee shop.

From there DS19 and I headed over to the Marchι Jean Talon, which is one of the outdoor farmer's markets. I could have spent a heck of a lot of time there but we spent some and that was good enough. Then we got our three-day metro passes, and took the bus over to St Joseph's Oratory. That was really something! People make a pilgrimage to there. Lots of steps! THEN we backtracked via Metro to get dinner at a place that our guide had recommended for their burgers and poutine. By then we were worn out and our feet were so tired! Got back, 20K steps and hopefully I will sleep well tonight.

No immediate plans for early morning and then we will see what the day bring. Tomorrow night we have tickets for Aura at 8.
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-18, 05:12

BF:

Jaz ohmygosh the weather is insanity. like 5 days of rain and everything is mushy and this rain has brought COLD weather. Went out this morning and it is chilly, like fall. I SO DO NOT want that yet LOL and heck we are the South , uh fall? In August here? What is going on? UGH

Blue, I love love love how you write. You are so descriptive in a way that one can truly 'see' what you are talking about. You paint a true picture when you type. I just get a kick out of that cause I can't do that type of describing, but you are a very creative person from your career to your chatting

I am like Nicco. That 2-300 per month can give you so much more leeway in fun and travel. More money to travel out to see your son and things like that. For the amt of times he visits, you could easily get a murphy bed or other 'very good' bed option and double that room as an office for you guys. It would be nothing for you to push certain things aside and make it a bedroom for a guest when they come. That 2-300 could easily be a lot of wiggle room for other things. Always remember that guests need little space for the time they are visiting, the 2 of you will not want too much space to clean and pay for, but you will want that extra money to get out of the house and enjoy your travel and fun times more as we get closer to true retirement. And when older again down the line, you want less and less to clean I know tho you guys will pick the right place for you. But I have the RV mentality LOL, less is way more, I can live in a 300 sq ft. rv all the time HAHA so I can vote for smaller spaces and be super comfortable.

CONGRATS---3.5 down is wonderful! That bloaty is always a nice fast drop we love to get off the old body and when we see that drop on the scale it makes it all seem worth the effort, and clothes fitting easier, omgosh that is key also.

You know it is funny but we all got so comfortable. Then many of us had changes in our lives. You are moving. I quit those darn cigs. and more for each of us finding our routines etc.......and now we are all cleaning up our menu and dropping some lbs again. Us guys are in weight loss mode together, like the old old old days Crazy, but I can also feel the power it gives us. We support and bounce off each other. Love that!!! rock on Blue!

Nicco, holy moly you are moving at warp speed thru Canada love you are having such a great time. Your tour sounds like such a fun adventure and in different surroundings like that it just makes everything seem so new and interesting. rock on having a blast!!

Hey all
no mall, but dragged her to 2 stores.
1 store, she liked 2 pairs pants to try on...dressing rooms closed for renovation. they put 2 temporary in the aisle. A FRIGGIN' line of old ladies with like 6 tops in their hands each and I said to kid, drop those pants, we are going to another store! HA HA I have 0 patience as one can see.

We hit great sales. 50-60-70% off at Belk's and kiddo did great. 3 fab tops, 3 fab pairs of pants. Spent $120 and saved about $130 on the sale of this stuff. She was thrilled she shopped fast and easy and liked what she got. I will pick up some extra Tshirts for her etc to round out her clothes plus her pants from last year still fit fine. Means she did not put on lbs around the gut which is a good thing LOL

today is icky horrible. the rain! omg!
sinus still hanging around, head so foggy but I just function thru the darn thing as usual like I have done for 25 years

today is kinda nothing. don't want to do much. little this and that

food today is simple of course
have very very thin cut T bone steaks I bought. I am shocked they do cut these steaks 'that thin'...but they will easily control my portion sizes but I hope there is some good flavor in this thin cut. We shall see.
I have some more very thin cut pork chops for dinner time.

It is weird but I go into weight loss mode and ALL I CAN think about is 'diet food' now. All options. I had to buy ice cream for them cause they were complaining I haven't bought ice cream in a long time (their flavors and ones I hate so that is a good thing, 0 draw on it) but I saw Carb Smart chocolate ice cream. And thought, wow I am going to buy that for me....HUH? I don't do junk like that HAHA --I am 0 carb person LOL, and then I see my old standby for dieting which I liked....Melba Toast. I used to put tuna on those for my old dieting and always like them and I was like---I need 2-3 boxes of those in the house.....DUH? I don't eat that, I am 0 carb HeeHee......oh my brain sometimes

Mind IS WRAPPING around weight loss mode more now. haven't done scale yet. will do later, I need to see a good drop and I will wait to see it and that gives me mojo to continue again, wait and see on this one but so far so good.

hope everyone has a fab day

Last edited by Whirrlly : Fri, Aug-03-18 at 05:19.
Closed Thread