Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 03:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/204/165 Male 179 cm
BF:
Progress: 19%
Smile OMG! I just hit ketosis big time! yeah!!

I am so so excited!

After not losing pounds for nearly 4 days (I started jan 31 anyway) I decided to make one of those fat fasts (I am also drinking a fat metabolizing tea made from my grandma´s recipes) just out of curiosity to see if it could help, and guess what?

now my ketone test strips have been getting darker than before!

a few minutes ago I decided I would not wait another day to retest with the strip... so I went and took a sample and Oh my god!!

The strip went very dark pink in like 8 seconds instead of waiting a minute, which can only mean something (I hope) according to me I just hit a big time ketosis so I feel fat loss is again going on!! can wait to see the scale and if does not change anyway I can be sure I am metabolizing fat.. way cool!

So here I go! Darn! I am so energized, and now to think that this wednesday I will go back to the gym makes me feel more anxious to get back! I feel so so charged!

I am doing everything in a scientifical way, so I am documenting everything with stats and pictures too, so you can bet I will give you some before and after pictures soon! (hope so!!)

Meanwhile guys keep Lowcarbing! It will pay in the long run!!

See you later!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 07:50

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Tony I noticed from your profile that you're not following any plan in particular - I just wanted to caution you that darker colours on your test strips are usually an indication of dehydration and not greater fat burning. It's vital you stay well hydrated for fat to be metabolized and flushed out - 64 oz a day + 8 oz for every 25 lbs of fat you want to lose is the bare minimum you should be drinking (and yes, it should be plain old water)

Keep in mind that just like a rose, ketosis is ketosis is ketosis - light or dark, it all means the same = ketones are being used for fuel and are spilling over into your urin, stool and breath (via the lungs). It is also normal that you be burning fat and have a negative reading - those trips only test for excess ketones, often you've burned them all up.

Cheers,
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 12:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/204/165 Male 179 cm
BF:
Progress: 19%
Smile thanks for the input!

Hi again Nat!

Thanks for your comments, you are right on that, I am drinking water kinda like a camel for many days now, I am averaging about 2 liters daily... (and wait when it gets really hot around here, I will be drinking 4 I guess hehe!)

As for the strips, I have forgotten a little about them... cause I went to my scale and I just lost another pound hehe!

I am trying to shape my style as closely as posible to what I know (up to now) about Atkins, its just that the book here is not so easy to find, there is a Spanish version but I dont think its worth it, its very old and badly translated... in two weeks or so I will go to Laredo, Texas and I will try to buy the newest one at B. Dalton, until then I can only work on something similar.. hehe!

For the people who asked me about Monterrey:
www.un.org/esa/ffd/MonterreyBrochure.htm here is the UN site.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 13:16

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Tony you can get some more information on Atkins from the forum's synposis under "Which low-carb plan is right for me?" in Quick Links (along the righthand side margin) You can also check out Karen's post under "Newbies' Questions" called "Hot Links!" there are some great links to discussions that will directly relate to what you're going through.

Nat

P.S. 64 oz = 2 litres