Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 02:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/245/150 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Tempted by sweets?

I don't know if anyone here has brought this idea up before, but I have found a way to kill a lot of my temptations for sweets. I immediately brush my teeth. NOTHING sweet tastes good right after brushing my teeth. Even a plate of brownies would be 100% safe around me.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 07:16
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile True

That's true! I brush my teeth at work, twice a day and it helps me in two ways, my breath and with sweets.
Another thing to think about is this. If you eat alot of artificial sweetners you will have more of an urge to eat sweets. If you take sweetness out of your diet then you don't want it so much afterwards. A trial by experience
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 11:46

Plan: low carb
Stats: 324/228/180 Female 5feet 6inches
BF:47%
Progress: 67%

~Lessara
That sounds so true, yet soooo scary to me. I'm going to try and ween myself off of the splenda.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 05:56

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

I WAS the biggest GOODY ADDICT around!!! I'm sure now the candy bars at the grocery are getting stale and bakeries in the area have had to cut back on production!!!!
I cut out everything sweet (18 Days)-- including artificial sweetener, diet soda--- have nothing sweet and the cravings have gone!! IT"S WONDERFUL!!
I do think about a candy bar or something once in a while but just as easily dismiss it. It's remarkable---- this is a MAJOR record for me!!

Give it a try----- just eliminate all sweet tastes and watch the cravings disappear!!
Ellie
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-09-01, 09:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/245/150 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default sweets

I've been doing just that. I have a bag of frozen strawberries in the freezer. Every now and then I grab one for dessert. That's the only thing I eat that's sweet. Life has gotten even easier. I don't think I could even eat a piece of cheesecake if someone offered it to me.

The Sat. before Thanksgiving I completely blew my diet for one meal at a buffet. I even ate two pieces of cheesecake. Right before I said "How much damage can I do with just one meal?" The next morning I had my answer: I woke up feeling like I had a hangover(though I didn't drink the night before) and found out that I'd gained five pounds! I learned my lesson. So when thanksgiving rolled around, I fixed some devilled eggs. While everyone else was eating the other stuff, I filled up on turkey and devilled eggs, and was more than satisfied.