Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-01, 10:28

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts
Stats: 347/300/150
BF:
Progress: 24%
Question First day on low carb diet...

Hello Everyone!

I have just finished reading the carbohydrate addict's healthy heart program and have began the program today. After reading the book I found that it made alot of sense and am anxious to begin a low carb diet and lifestyle. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or information to share with an individual just starting the program. I have read and learned about several subjects on this site and have found it to be very informative. I have been battling with my weight since I was a child and am excited that I may have found my enemy...CARBOHYDRATES!!! Being 26 years old I am not wanting to develop the health problems I have seen my parents develop. I appreciate any support or info. you may have. Thanks.

Lucinda
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-01, 10:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/163/145?
BF:
Progress:
Default Welcome Lucinda

Hi Lucinda. I am a fairly new member here too and love the friendship and support from everyone. I've been on Atkins for 5 weeks, with a loss of 16 lbs so far. Although not too familiar with your program, I think the basis is the same. For me, it is one day at a time and don't get frustrated if you don't lose too quickly. Check the forums daily for great info and good humoured support. This WOL is really the best. Cheers.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-01, 12:56

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts
Stats: 347/300/150
BF:
Progress: 24%

Lara,

Thank you for your well wishes and encouragement! It is terrific to have an outlet like this to be a source of motivation and support, as well as, information. Good luck on your continued progress! Thanks Again!

Lucinda