Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 10:01

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default ATKINS ‘72, INDUCTION & BEYOND BUDDIES!

All Atkins 72 followers, join me on this new buddy thread!

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 10:17
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Okey dokey, I've got this new thread "saved"!

Glad you started a thread where all A '72 devotees will feel comfortable, supported, etc! Most excellent!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 12:23

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello De,

I am here to supporting all Atkins 72 participants in their journey!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 12:50

BF:

Yeah, this feels good!

My deal is I started Atkins 72 in May 2014. I stayed on induction to goal which was in Jan 2016. Due to some health issues I added more carbs, mostly in the way of vegetables around the end of 2016. I have always had weight issues and finally discovered that I am very carb sensitive and need to keep eating LC for life.

So now I am no longer doing induction levels but still on Atkins 72. It’s my WOE and I can’t see changing it up again.

I hope anyone on Atkins 72 feels comfortable coming here for support and encouragement!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 13:48

Plan: Meat based
Stats: 136/120.2/114 Female 5 feet. 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 72%

I’d like to stop in and say hello! 😊
My name is JoAnn and I am a long time A 72 believer! During this process I seemed to have stumbled into a pathway with this WOE that finally agrees with me! I am able to add daily LC veggies along with Greek Fage yogurt, frozen berries & the occasional almonds while still remaining “in control “

So I guess I identify as A72 while climbing the carb ladder.

In the past I’ve never found success climbing the often times “slippery slope”. However, I’m hopeful I’ve find it this time around. It will always be a daily descision to be mindful of the additional carbs...and still remain in control. Portion control is always in the forefront as well.

Thanks for starting this thread of supporters!

Last edited by ForeverLC : Sun, Apr-08-18 at 14:01.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 13:58

BF:

Hey JoAnn, happy to see you join us!

I love your user name ForeverLC. I feel that way too. I have to watch portion control and calories, in addition to carbs.

I eat mostly chicken, fish, egg whites and vegetables. On occasion I have some plain Greek yogurt and blueberries. Right now I am not eating much dairy though. I have a few raw walnuts now and then too. I am working on trying to get my cholesterol down. I eat avocado and use either avocado oil or olive oil. One way to get my veggies in is with a big salad.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 14:18

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Here I am! I want to join this thread, too! I am very very happy to be back and posting. I missed seeing all my old A72 friends!

Hi Joann! I am also a long time A72 believer. It is the ONLY plan that allows me to control my weight and lose.

I am not pure induction, as I allow yogurt and cottage cheese. And the occasional almonds. So I am similar to you, Joann.

I still have a way to go, but this plan will get me there, with the support of all you. I know this thread will help us all!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 14:32

BF:

Hi Paulette,

I am not doing strict induction anymore either. So I am not hardcore. That’s one reason I wanted to start an Atkins 72 thread that includes everyone!

I think we can get a good group going and be supportive to all.

It’s so nice to see you back!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 15:57

Plan: Meat based
Stats: 136/120.2/114 Female 5 feet. 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 72%

So I made the best egg and cream cheese quiche today!

Recipe called for 12 eggs, 1 stick of butter ( I use Kerrygold unsalted) and 6 oz cream cheese. Blended the eggs and cream cheese in my Ninja, sprayed a glass pie pan with Pam, poured in the egg mixture then drizzled in the melted butter. Baked for around 35-40 minutes at 375 degrees. Sliced it in wedges. I should have plenty for meals and snacks during the week.

Last edited by ForeverLC : Sun, Apr-08-18 at 16:28.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 17:28

BF:

I love quiches, that sounds great! I like making egg muffins too.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-18, 05:11
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Good Monday Morning A '72 devotees!

A little back story: Imma one of the HARD Core A '72 Warriors. Haven't changed anything from when I first re-started back on 5 July 2013 b/c Induction level carbs work for me.

So I don't bore you to tears with more, if you're interested in my journey, you can click the "success" button on this post at the bottom right corner...

Anyhoo... dear De, Imma so glad you started a thread that allows every A '72 follower an encouraging, supportive place to kick back and share their experiences! Thanks for that!

BTW: I love your new avatar. Pics of your furbabies always make me smile!

Today is back to school for me after a terrific Spring Break "stay-cation"! Counting down the days until the last day of school... only 35 more to go! Holy Hannah, it's gonna fly by.

I hope everyone has a terrific day!

Last edited by Just Jo : Mon, Apr-09-18 at 05:18. Reason: Option F: Fixin' Flippin' typos ~ as usual! Pfffffffffft!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-18, 05:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/197/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

I was with LCF for many years and finding ideas and recipes to try.
Trying induction again and glad to find this induction thread with this new group.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-18, 08:48

BF:

Hi Angiann, so glad to have you join this group. Some of us are on induction and some are not. I did induction to goal and now I have added a few more carbs!

We are all here to support each other during induction and beyond induction!

I am working to maintain my loss & keep healthy. I have had some set backs with health issues that I’ve had to work on.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-18, 09:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Thank you for starting this thread, Delaney. I'm in! I read the original 1972 book back in the '70s, and have more recently read and followed the 2002 version. It's really not very different except for more green vegetables at the outset.

What trips me up every time, though, is getting jaded down the road, believing I can have a little bit of this or that once in a while and then it becomes mountains of this or that. I need the support, encouragement and camaraderie of others like me who know the truth, that it works if you stick with it and it doesn't if you don't. There's no way around it.

I don't do induction, either. I don't track or measure. I jumped in at phase/level 2 and do well there.

Thanks again!

Last edited by barb712 : Mon, Apr-09-18 at 09:47.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-18, 10:52

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 223/207/180 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

Hi! I'd like to join your group thread too!!! I'm pretty much Atkins '72....I have done the yoyo-ing many times and really want to stick to it this time.