Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-01, 20:05

Plan:
Stats: //150
BF:
Progress:
Question

I used to live in Buffalo, NY and would cross the border to buy sugar free stuff not found in the US. I used to love the chocolate bars called Woodys. They came in orange and hazelnut flavors and I believe were made with manitol. Has anyone had these? I am trying to find the manufacturer and possibly their web site so I can order them. I now live in Florida and can't find them anywhere. I am an orange chocolate fanatic. I would greatly appreciate any help!
Jennifer
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-01, 23:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/147/125
BF:
Progress: 52%
Talking

I just had one last night and have the wrapper! They are made by Cavlier. They have a website http://www.cavalier.be/index.htm
but it's in Belgium. There is info for a distributor in Nova Scotia on the label:
Assorted Confectionery Trading Ltd
Nova Scotia B3B 1K8
phone 902 468 5865
fax 902 458 1827
email act.confectionery~ns.sympatico.ca

Cavalier makes quite a few different sugar free chocolates.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-01, 07:22

Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Woodies Bars

Hi, my local Shopper's Drug Mart carries these bars. I'm in Ontario. You might try there. They are 99 cents each.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-01, 22:06

BF:

Jennifer, who is looking for them, lives in Florida! No Shoppers Drug Marts there! I guess this is one of those few things we can get here in Canada that they don't have in the States.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-01, 23:27
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally posted by Deirdre
Jennifer, who is looking for them, lives in Florida! No Shoppers Drug Marts there! I guess this is one of those few things we can get here in Canada that they don't have in the States.

Florida, they have a few specialty low-carb stores/supermarkets over there don't they? Not sure, but they might be the first to have such stores!

Jennifer, do you know any of those stores? Maybe we can lookup their addresses and post them here.

Wa'il
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-01, 16:28

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

They do have some low carb stores here in Florida. I am trying to get them to sell the Woodies candy and other things. The stores tend to be a bit expensive so I usually make my own stuff and only buy treats there. They do have some great treats. They have this SF hazelnut chocolate spread that is to die for. The one store has a soft serve Atkins ice cream machine with low carb vanilla ice cream. Then they add syrup to the ice cream to make a heavenly treat. There are like 40 flavors to choose from. I still believe that the Canadians have the best low carb sweets though. Only recently did companies start making sweets with sugar alcohols in the US. They only used nutrasweet type chemicals. If anyone wants the addresses of the stores down here, let me know. I will check to see if they have mail order. I know what there stock is so I can answer questions.
Jennifer
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-01, 08:33

BF:

Jennifer, do you know of any low carb stores in the Orlando area? Or other stores with a good selection?
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-01, 08:47

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Deirdre,
I live about 1 1/2 hrs from Orlando so I don't know what is available there. There are some low carb stores in the Sarasota area that have alot of goodies. If you are coming to Orlando, there are some things that you can find in the grocery store that you might not be able to get where you live. Let me know if you want that info.
Jennifer