Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-07, 21:21

Plan: low carb diet
Stats: 175/166/155 Female 5`9
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default I need veggie ideas

can anyone give me a list for some low carb veggies, I know I am not a veggie eater, but will make an effort to eat some if they are low carbs. I love cucumbers, but want something new and different.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-07, 21:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/150/130 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 17%

#3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-07, 22:22

Plan: Gluten Free, Low Carb
Stats: 205/200.2/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 9%

Mmm! Cucumbers! Here is what I absolutely LOVE to do with them:

I cut up a few and peel them
sprinkle salt on them and put them in a collander to drain. The salt will pull out a lot of the water. Leave them for 20-30 mins.

Give them a quick rinse and add in a touch of vinegar and lots of sour cream. Enough sour cream to coat them. Its soooo tastey. My grandma makes them but she never drains them with the salt and the sour cream ends up really runny after the first day. As Alton Brown would say, "Not good eats". LOL.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-07, 23:06

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 257/232/200 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I made the fried cabbage in the recipe forum (I think under side dishes- I am the worst for this) and it was so good! I always make green beans in the same manner. Saute onion with chopped bacon until onion is soft and bacon is cooked to your liking; then add in green beans or cabbage and cook to your liking. Add salt and pepper to taste- so good! I also like salads with baby greens, a little chopped walnuts and some goat cheese with sugar-free raspberry vinegarette dressing and add a few berries. So good...
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-07, 04:10
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb(my own)Pregnant
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 21%

Thank you LStump never thought about the sourcream before I live for my cumumbers and that sounds so good
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-07, 13:11

Plan: low carb w/extra veggies
Stats: 183/181/140 Female 5'4'
BF:
Progress: 5%
Talking

my new favorite is roasted string beans. in a bowl coat beans with oil, garlic powder and salt. i actuall broil them untill almost black. be carefull they are good and easy to eat to many. i also love broccoli this way.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-07, 06:32

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

summer is still here..why dont you get all sorts of veggies, slice them up nicely...ex: red, green, yellow etc bell peppers, green, yellow zuccini, eggplants, tomatoes and pour extra virgin olive oil with sea salt, garlic or your favourite herbs and grill them on the BBQ...make some for the week...great stuff

bonappetite
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-07, 19:39

Plan: LC/Atkins-ish/My own-ish
Stats: 202/197/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Lanny, what a good idea--to make enough for several days! I LOVE BBQ'd peppers 'n onions. I think I'll just make a whole whack of them one of these days and keep them in a container in the fridge to have for several meals (I never, ever, ever get sick of them)!

Thanks!!!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-07, 22:30

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I used to love a salad made of sliced tomatoes combined with sliced onions and cucumbers. I would dribble Italian dressing or oil and vinegar on this salad. This is expecially good with steak. Now, living in CA, I have become especially fond of avocadoes so I now add these to my lettuce-less salad. My kids also love this. My mom, being black and from the south, always made southern cooked greens...the best low carb invention,ever! As far as greens are concerned, I enjoy turnip greens and mustard greens the most. However, I have begun enjoying collard greens,kale and swiss chard. Bell peppers of all shades are higher in vitamin c than any citrus fruit. The red bells have the highest, the green has the lowest amount of vitamin C and it is still 2xs that of oranges. My mom also would sautee cabbage and tomatoes.
Not for me but perhaps you might like that idea. I love cabbage sauteed in butter,hold the tomatoes, please. Cooked cauliflower is a good potato substitute. I use it in faux potato salad and faux mashed potatoes. Cream of cauliflower soup is another lite comfort food.