Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-26-09, 22:15

Plan: general leaning toward Sb
Stats: 336/196/150 Female 5'4"
BF:gettin/down/there
Progress: 75%
Default Did I really think this was food?

When I came home from work tonight I found that dh had bought some Dutch Meat Loaf (a processed luncheon meat). A flood of memories came to me. Many, many (like 25 or 30) years ago I used to eat Dutch meat loaf and potatoe chip sandwiches on white bread and slathered with mayo. I can't even imagine eating that today. I would be mortified if anyone ever saw me eat that way. Then I got thinking about other things that I ate when I was oh so young and dumb, like several slices of white bread and a can of chicken gravy. Not chicken, no veg, just gravy and bread. What was I thinking? Anyway I just wondered if there were things you used to eat that were horrible "food" even for the normal back then. Come on fess up, what did you eat?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-26-09, 22:32

Plan: various plans
Stats: 209/187/131 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 28%

mmmmm....bread and gravy!! i've done that, though it was the white kind, made from scratch. Yum!

I also would eat cheese whiz (not real cheese, lol,) and peanut butter on ritz crackers.

Oh yeah and for nearly as year, I existed off instant mashed potatoes with a slice of American cheese melted over the top. LOL! That was some "healthy" eating.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-27-09, 06:43

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 203/201/155 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Guess the one thing that turns my stomach to think about today would have to be....
Huge bowl of chocolate ice cream with plain potato chips crushed up in it. How did I ever let all that crap hit my lips?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-27-09, 08:53

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 167/156/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Yesterday at work, we had our monthly free luncheon. I headed down, hoping that there would be something I could grab. Being that I was never on a diet before, I never paid attention to healthy options. Low and behold, I get into the food room and there's pizza, fried chicken, cake, pie, cookies and brownies. Not a piece of veggie to be found. A month ago, I would have had 2 slices of pizza, some chicken and a piece of cake WITH a brownie. Yesterday, instead, I turned around, grabbed my food bag out of the fridge, and made myself a salad. The food smelled so good. But I reminded myself that nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Today I'm supposed to go to Celtic fest and I just know there won't be any healthy options...and you're not allowed to bring anything in. I'm thinking hopefully I can get a chicken gyro, without the pita...and just eat the chicken, veggies and cucumber sauce. I can't think of any other helathy options there might be. I'll see when I get there. NOTHING will stop me from reaching the 150's by Monday. NOTHING.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-27-09, 09:22

Plan: Restart Atkins 5/15/09
Stats: 155.5/134/125 Female 5' 1 1/2 "
BF:Shhh.....
Progress: 70%

french fries with ketchup, mustard and mayo..... why! I was in highschool tho!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-29-09, 17:02

Plan: DSP
Stats: 232/197/150 Female 5'2"
BF:lots of it
Progress: 43%

I didn't do this myself, but when I was in HS my BF at the time would boil up Ramen noodles and then put them on a slice of white bread and fold it like a sandwich to eat.

I use to buy a container of frosting and find what ever I could to put it on...bread, vanilla wafers, or just a spoon! I would go through the whole container in a matter of minutes. I sure don't miss the sugar crash and upset stomach I would get after doing that!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-29-09, 17:08
at peace with myself

Plan: Healthy choices
Stats: 201/191.6/144 Female 5 ft 8n
BF:
Progress: 16%

I have done the icing with vanilla wafers, the processed cheese on crackers

also mayo and white bread
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-29-09, 19:18

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 167/156/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 41%

OMG - I totally used to eat my spaghetti on white sandwich bread...like a sandwich. And then follow with garlic bread! urgh. GROSS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee4LC
I didn't do this myself, but when I was in HS my BF at the time would boil up Ramen noodles and then put them on a slice of white bread and fold it like a sandwich to eat.

I use to buy a container of frosting and find what ever I could to put it on...bread, vanilla wafers, or just a spoon! I would go through the whole container in a matter of minutes. I sure don't miss the sugar crash and upset stomach I would get after doing that!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-29-09, 20:16
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

I'd make buttered toast - cut into thirds, and dip 'toast sticks' into a microwaved cup of canned/jarred spaghetti sauce.

French fries with gravy - topped off with ketchup AND vinegar and salt/pepper. Otherwise - fries swimming in vinegar so that the salt and pepper would stick, and then dipped into Hellman's mayonnaise.

Kraft Dinner (macaroni and cheese in the blue box) doused with tons of ketchup, stirred all around until it turned pink.

Ramen noodles - boil noodles, drain all the water out, slather on tons of butter and the entire package of seasoning mix - very salty, buttery noodles.

As a kid? At my best friend's place, we'd eat Velveeta cheese slices daubed with Miracle Whip.

#10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-29-09, 21:15

Plan: general leaning toward Sb
Stats: 336/196/150 Female 5'4"
BF:gettin/down/there
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citruskiss
French fries with gravy - topped off with ketchup AND vinegar and salt/pepper. Otherwise - fries swimming in vinegar so that the salt and pepper would stick, and then dipped into Hellman's mayonnaise.

Okay, today's winner for the worst sounding meal goes to Citruskiss. Please expect to recieve a gallon jar of Tums and a barrel of Benefibre by UPS. If you don't recieve it in three days stop the next UPs truck you see and mug the driver until he gives you what you want. Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for any acts of violence commited by winners high on carbs.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-29-09, 21:52
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesfolks
Okay, today's winner for the worst sounding meal goes to Citruskiss. Please expect to recieve a gallon jar of Tums and a barrel of Benefibre by UPS. If you don't recieve it in three days stop the next UPs truck you see and mug the driver until he gives you what you want. Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for any acts of violence commited by winners high on carbs.

Fries 'n gravy with vinegar and ketchup on top are ....well, I used to think they were good!

Thanks for the hilarious 'prize' -
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-29-09, 23:06

Plan: -----------------
Stats: 151.5/148.0/132 Female 161cm
BF:Do I dare find out
Progress: 18%

Pizza (thick) crust dipped into coke.
white toast dripping with butter and spread with tomato sauce dipped into a huge mug of cold full fat milk
white rice with lashings of butter and tomato sauce
white sandwich with butter and pot crisps inside

These combinations sound gross but they seriously tasted amazing.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jun-30-09, 01:15

Plan: My own low-carb rules
Stats: 190/180/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

uncooked ravioli directly out of a can was my staple food
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jun-30-09, 01:16

Plan: My own low-carb rules
Stats: 190/180/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samina9027
Pizza (thick) crust dipped into coke.
white toast dripping with butter and spread with tomato sauce dipped into a huge mug of cold full fat milk
white rice with lashings of butter and tomato sauce
white sandwich with butter and pot crisps inside

These combinations sound gross but they seriously tasted amazing.

you win the prize for weirdest sounding food.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jun-30-09, 09:03

Plan: DSP
Stats: 232/197/150 Female 5'2"
BF:lots of it
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatnewmom
uncooked ravioli directly out of a can was my staple food
I forgot about that one. I use to do that too!