Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-11-09, 03:01

Plan: Moderate low-carb
Stats: 186/140/135 Female 5"5
BF:OnebigAB
Progress: 90%
Default A year later, and a 30+ gain, how it happened

Some of you might remember my success story. In 07, I went from a 175 to a 126, though when I weighed that much, I wasn't posting regularly (guess I didn't need the forum as much being all confident on all... ) Well, at that weight, met ahole boyfriend number one. By end of relationship, weighed a comfortable 135. That was in 08. Well, by the time I met boyfriend number two, I was 145. Ok, the scale was climbing. BF number 2 really took a toll on my body, it was an abusive relationship. I guess I just consoled myself with my long lost co-dependent, food. So then I leave him, and he died shortly after. I was torn, so the subsequent month, I spent gorging, back to my old coping mechanism. I almost died when at the end of that month, I tipped the scale at 164. To date, I'm 150, and hope to get down to my post bad-relationship weight. I knew then if I continued to abuse myself, the same cycle would repeat over. Today I am single and am taking every precaution to not let this happen again.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-11-09, 09:24
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

I remember you. Glad you're back and on the road to recovery. Just one day at a time. Heal yourself.

Lisa
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-11-09, 09:34
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Welcome back and congratulations on taking care of yourself!
Denise
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-11-09, 09:52

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 184.0/141.5/152.0 Female 66.25 inches
BF:35%/???/???
Progress: 133%

I'm new here but I can soooo relate. Glad you are back and taking care of yourself. One saying I relied on heavily at tough times in my life was "When the world around me is spinning out of control, the ONE thing I can control is what goes in my mouth." Best of luck !