Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 22:13

Plan: somersizing
Stats: 140/136/125
BF:
Progress: 27%
Smile New to site...

Hello from Northern Canada...Well I've been putting it off and putting it off. It is now time to start my somersizing program again. I have been on this program once before and it was wonderful, I lost about 15lbs and felt great. Not quite sure how I "fell of the wagon" but I did and gained it all back!!! Oh well, I'll just have to do it again!! I'm hoping that I haven't forgotten to many points in the program, as I have loaned out my book and of course It hasn't been returned . I'm hoping that this forum will give me the motivation that I need in the evenings, I don't have a problem during the day, but put me in front of the dam TV and Blam...the cheezies just jump in my mouth!!! Thanks for listening and I hope that I can add something to the board!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 15:27

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Oh yeah, I can relate to that!

Evenings are by far the hardest time for me. Hmm... is it warm enough up North where you are to take a walk in the evenings or play a game of tennis or whatnot to shift your habits a bit? I have been doing this lately when the urge to watch TV or play a video game comes over me. Less snacking but more mosquito bites.

The other thing I started doing is working out a bit in the evenings. I have a thighmaster, but added those exercise bands to that this week. Wow, they DO work just like weights, except you have to be a hint more coordinated. last night I went for a brisk walk and then ran through the entier set of exercises in the book that came with my bands. I allowed myself a glass of orange juice before bed, but didn't seem to have any urges to snack. Man am I sore today though! And that's despite using my Thighmaster religiously. The bands set me back a whopping..... are you ready for this? $12. Most economical weight set I've ever owned.

You are in the same weight range I am Fidget. It's great to hear you Somersized successfully before. You could always get another book, since she has several and the recipes are different in each. Fast and Easy is my favorite. You might try the used book option on Amazon.com, they have great prices.

I found a fantastic recipe for pizza crust that beats the pants of Suzanne's mini pizzas, which were pretty darned good. No need to ever stop eating this way if I can have pizza with rootbeer (SF) on the weekends!

If you don't mind making things from scratch, have a look here:

http://www.homestead.com/slgkali/Pizza.html

The recipe from Gruntle is the one I made. Nice and stiff so you can pick it up and DELICIOUS! I sauteed my toppings before putting them on the pizza so I didn't have to mess with the broling part. Gonna have pizza once a week from now on.

Last edited by Mamabeek : Thu, May-22-03 at 15:32.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 20:51

BF:
Cool Thanks!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I see you have plans on loosing a little more weight than I do. At one time I would of wanted to get down to 115lbs, but I'm afraid I'm just to lazy for that!! I haven't weight 115lbs since I was in high school and that was so long ago I don't even remember the feeling. I'm sure to my teenage brain, I probably thought I was to heavy then, man to have that body back again!!!

I'm trying my hardest to stay away from the snacks. I have been successful so far, but I have been putting in 12 hour days at work and I don't have time to munch. Once I get home I pooped and just need to put my feet up and relax.

As for our weather, it is not to bad, I can definately go for a walk in it, it's been about 60 degrees, which I'm sure is cold to you, but to me it's t-shirt weather!!! That's what happens when you live in the frozen Tundra!!

I will definately try the pizza recipe you have given me, looks pretty good, and for those pms days I'm gonna say It will come in handy!!!

Good luck on your journey and I hope your sucessful in all your goals!!!

Fidg
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 00:06

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Well you might be surprised!

You did this before, so maybe not, but I'll tell you I've lost this weight so painlessly that I can actually say I've ENJOYED it! And I am simply over the moon as of yesterday because I hit 120 pounds. I haven't been there in well over a decade. For some reason I'm carrying the weight differently than I used to, or sizes have been 'upgraded' in the last 20 years, because I am fitting into sizes I didn't even wear in highschool! It's such incredible impetus to keep losing when you get good results. Maybe when you hit your target weight you'll find you don't mind staying on the wagon a little longer. I find I'm wondering if I could actually get back to that 108 I weighed when I graduated from college... Prolly unrealistic, but hey, I could try!

Isn't it sad that we never apprecieat what we have when we have it? As long as you feel good and are happy with yourself that's all that really matters.

I have had one longish plateau... about a month I'd guess. I even went up a little bit during that time. I lost really fast the first three weeks and then stalled out completely for awhile. I'm glad I stuck with it though, there's no question it's been worth it. Now I'm down to the last 5 pounds and just in time for summer and skimpier clothes. I haven't worn anything even remotely skimpy since I was in college and that's a fuzzy spot way back somewhen...

My DH started this WOE on Easter and has lost 10 pounds so far. It makes life much simpler to have him eating the same way I do, and I'm glad to get a chance to practice making 'bag' lunches for him before I go back to working outside my home this fall. I am a Wine Chemist at a winery during the harvest season and do Quality Control for bottling runs the rest of the year. This year I'll be working nights, and sitting around during the slow times with those damned vending machines leering at me is going to be really hard. I'll have to have some pretty darned good snacks and lunchbox materials to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Last edited by Mamabeek : Fri, May-23-03 at 00:08.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 22:29

BF:
Wink Hey Mamabeek!!!

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, I've been so busy at work, by the time I get home it's time to kick back, have a meal and go to bed. I use a puter at work and after all the overtime, 12 hour days, I haven't been to interested to sit down at one when I got home. Thank goodness we have another person on board to help us now so maybe I'll be able to have more time for myself.

Congrats on making your 120lbs mark!!! I'm jealous!! I'm sure by now seeing its been a few days, youve probably surpassed that!! You go girl...

I have now completed my first full week and dropped 4 lbs. I'm very please with that and now that all that crap I was eating is out of my system. I have come back to that "unstuffed" feeling that I remember having last time. It just feels so much better to finish a meal and not have to undo my pants and feel like I have 6 extra chins

I hope your week is going well and I look forward to hearing from you again...

fidget