Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-16, 00:33

Plan: SEC
Stats: 198/183/150 Female 168 (5.512 ft)
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default The Waterfall Diet | Water retention

Hey Girls!
I have just read the book "The Waterfall Diet". I must say it is a great "basic text" dealing with water retention, very CAD friendly as well.
Any thoughts or tips on how you guys cope with water retention?
I am highly sensitive to soy apart from wheat, gluten, oaks, milk protein ... I seem to be allergisk to most supplements as well, even the "safe" ones without gluten, soy, milk - causing water retention and other "contaminated" foods, fumes (perfume, chemicals ...).
Anyone that wants to tug along? I am planning for Monday as the start + writing a new food plan. I will post some thoughts in my journal next week.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-16, 08:04
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I dropped 9 pounds of what was most likely water when I eliminated everything I was intolerant of. The list included pretty much everything I ate on a daily basis: chicken, beef, eggs, dairy, all grains, soy, tuna and some others I forgot.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-16, 05:08

BF:

Thank you for your post. I have eliminated all supplements, treating soy as with the grains - 100% elimination. Fumes, pesticide is also a no no, they cause water retention as well. The beef, and chicken as well for a start ...
What are your new protein favourites now that you can eat safely?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-16, 09:45
Experimenter

BF:

I eat stuff I didn't eat before: lamb, sardines, herring, almost all fish except tuna, duck, elk, venison.

I will occasionally have chicken or beef, if I'm out.

I expect in a while I will do a proper rotation diet and bring back some of the things I eliminated, but only once every 4 days.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-16, 12:36

BF:

Thanks again ... that is great. CAD/CALP helped me feel and understand my needs/hunger and eventually through the years trust myself and my body even eating vegan alternating with fish and meat durring longer periods, being able to eat more fruit. Vegan always worked because I didn't eat dairy and instead lots of veggies. I have even tried fruitarian periods with great results.
Love wild game .... since CAD still makes my feel so happy is has become my home base since 1999.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-16, 03:43

BF:

Today is Monday, I am starting the CAD-ish waterfall diet. I actually started a head and I am already sleeping better, even dreaming every night now so that is a good sign. Feel more clear, think the eggs have been a major problem and the supplements. I stopped using the "safe" B-vitamin/multi -v i was eating too. So I am now supplement free and planing for more millet, pecan and brazil nuts (B, copper ...) sesame seeds/spreds and so on - natural supplements but eating them more "organised" ... I have noticed through the years how I can loose contact with f. i. my muscles. Yesterday my tummy muscles wore working better again, as if the "listen" better and "play" along when not attached with the wrong foods, toxins/fumes ... I hate feeing sluggish and dizzy, today I am a happy CADDIE.

Tell me about your experiences.

Last edited by Happy girl : Mon, Jun-13-16 at 03:55.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-16, 16:26
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

glad you are having a good start- thanks for posting what you are doing.
E
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-16, 07:14

BF:

Hi Eno, long time. Thank you for the heads up. Just got back from a farmers market, had to stock up ... veggies and Strawberries (RM). fresh unions, asparagus ... Making a stewy soup with lamb for dinner (local organic free range). Still sleeping better than last week and still having vivid dreams.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-16, 11:00
Experimenter

BF:

Fresh unions are the best! :-) Actually, I'd love to grow my own. I love spring onions.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-15-16, 11:21

BF:

I agree ... I am actually growing some this year ... soon to be harvested. Popcorn-corn is this years newcomer in the gardin. Have a good one. You can grow in pots perhaps if you don't have an available spot?
Bless
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-16, 01:19

BF:

Been reading up on vitamin B 1, really exiting. Water retention is very common.
Test: pressing a nail in a fingertip and see if the little mark pressure takes time to flatten out to itīs normal - if so it can be a water retention issue - an a red flag. After the supplement detox and orders from my doctor to eat B (all of them) I changed brand of the supplements and found one with only vitamin B (1 2 3 5 6 and 12). Got sick dizzy and flulike symptoms from the former ones. Gave myself a 10 day detox from all supplements and slept so well before starting. I still feel great and sleep well with the new B sups. Less bloated. Not eat any sodium bicarbonate helps as well.
What are your experiences?

Last edited by Happy girl : Sun, Jun-19-16 at 01:26.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-16, 06:28

BF:

Good reads a WHO article (water retention): "Thiamine deficiency and its prevention and control in major emergencies"

http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/..._99.13.pdf?ua=1
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-18-17, 06:56

BF:

I have been drinking more water and I have upped my salt intake.
I am now completely off my antihistamines and I feel much more energetic. I am so glad I started drinking more water. Bless!
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Dec-19-20, 08:01

BF:

Revisit. Imho the CAD+ CALP books will help you with any water retention. There is plenty of support in the CAD/CALP literature to recover, heal and maintain from Carb addiction for a lifetime.

If it works ... stick with it.

Love/HG