Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 20:00

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 206/201/150 Female 5 foot, 6 inches
BF:
Progress:
Talking New member

Hello Everyone,
I was diagnosed with PCOS a year ago and my dr. put me on Gluc. The upset stomach was too much for me to handle and I stopped taking it. I have now gained 11 lbs since last year and she was more concerned this time. Any suggestions on what I should do? Is PCOS as serious as it sounds? I know that sounds silly, but I've not really took it as serious as I should. My husband and I have never been able to conceive after 6 years of marriage. I have one son from my first marriage. Should I start taking the Gluc again and LC it? This website has really brought alot of things to light. It has so many wonderful tips to follow.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-05, 11:01
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

if you go to this site:

www.soulcysters.com

There is a lot of information on that site about PCO and a LOT of people on there are also LC.
Good luck!!
Emma xx
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-08-05, 09:01

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 206/201/150 Female 5 foot, 6 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadefox26
if you go to this site:

www.soulcysters.com

There is a lot of information on that site about PCO and a LOT of people on there are also LC.
Good luck!!
Emma xx

Thank you so much! I will check that site out. I went and bought the book "The Carbohydrate Addicts". It has some very useful info in it. I just can't seem to get on the LC thing. I think, "okay, I'll start tomorrow" then I just blow it...everyday! How do you get in the mindset to just do it?