Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 21:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/227/140 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Ross Chocolate bars

Hi all,
I found a Ross Chocolate bar today...someone did tell me they were low carb...but the bars didn't have any numbers on them. The only thing they listed numbers for was the Maltitol..which was 13.7 I think. Does anyone know what they are counted at carb wise off the top of their head? I had one...and funny enough, didn't want another, nor did it start any cravings...and trust me...I could have put away a couple or more of those puppies in my old life..
It did however, make me more than a little gassy...so might not want to do that too often...and I hear they can cause other "fluid" problems as well...lol. I know that Sorbital can do that to me...I used to buy the Certs sugar free candies years ago...and was constantly in the BR...and finally clued in to what was going on...don't eat them anymore.
Anyway, any info would be appreciated...you guys are such a great source of information.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 22:42
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Hi Dar,

What store did you find them at? I'd like to tuck one away in the freezer....but haven't had any luck finding them in my area.

Thx!

Jo
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 10:25

Stats: 246/227/140 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 18%
Smile

Hi Jo,
I have found them at Pharmasave and the healthfood store here in Sidney...do you have a healthfood store nearby?? I also got some Atkins bake mix there too yesterday...am thinking of trying it for breakfast...but had set my heart on the mock danish to try this morning...getting a bit tired of the same thing day in and day out.
If you have trouble finding them, I could possibly send you over a couple, not a problem for me at all...let me know.
How are you feeling?? I am still hanging in there...though the weight seems to be creeping off very slowly...seems to me when I did this diet 25 or more years ago, it ran off my body like water...well, maybe not that fast, but it sure was not as pokey as this time. Now, I am older, and on meds that I can't stop, so that could be the reason.
Hope you have a good day...and if you find the choc. bars...if you like the combo of orange and chocolate...it is my fave I think.
Bye for now
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 18:47
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Thanks so much Dar!

I will check out the local Pharmasave this weekend. I don't really crave chocolate, but ever now and again when I am craving something sweet...I'd love to have a little piece!

Will let you know how I make out.

Thanks again!

Jo
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 18:50

Stats: 316/273/180 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I found them online here:

http://www.lowcarbchocolates.com/

I haven't tried them yet but thinking about ordering the orange ones...mmmmm orange and chocolate.

Last edited by justcindy : Wed, May-21-03 at 18:52.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 19:36
Registered Member

Stats: 320/280/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Low carb Russel Stover chocolates

Today I found some low carb Russel Stover chocolates at Bi-Mart.
The truffle kind only have 0.2 net carbs each, the peanut butter ones have more than 2 each so I didn't get any of them. I really like the truffles, but I don't think I will get any more because they give me cravings for more chocolate. I wish they were sold one by one instead of one big bag!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 10:34

Plan: My own
Stats: 340/340/180 Female 5' 10"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 0%
Wink Big bag, huh?

You could just mail me some...LOL! Maybe try putting them in the freezer, out of sight, out of mind?

Nicole
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 18:56

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 305/280/155
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Maltitol and its...uhm, side effects *grin*

I've eaten more than a couple "sugar free" or "low carb" chocolates containing Maltitol. And if you read the package reallllly closely, you'll see that it says "excess consumption may have a laxative effect".

*grin*

And for me, oh boy, yes it does. Heck, eating what they term as a single serving clears up... constipation.

Oh what a wonderful topic... *lol* I'll go hide now.

Wishing you the best!!