Thu, Sep-18-03, 02:13
You've picked the right and the wrong person to ask.
Because I spend a lot of my time developing recipes, I use only the "raw" ingredients of LC cooking. So, no mixes, syrups and stuff like that. I use fresh herbs and have spices for baking and cooking Indian food.
All of this stuff I've bough here at Capers, Choices and the Gourmet Warehouse. I would start off with small quantites. If you find yourself having to buy it frequently then buy bigger.
Off the top of my head, here's what I always have around...
- Plain soy protein isolate
- Plain whey protein isolate
- Vital wheat gluten
- Oat flour
- Flax seeds and flax meal - dark and golden
- Ground almonds
- Sliced almonds
- Macadamia Nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Good Quality Unsweetened Chocolate
- Cocoa powder
- Cocoa butter
- Soy flakes
- Soy milk in tetra packs
- Xanthan gum
- Nut butters – almond (raw and roasted), macadamia, tahini, pumpkin, peanut, hazelnut
- Good quality extracts – vanilla, maple, strawberry, cherry, raspberry, lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit, banana, rum
- Stevia Chicolin combo
- Liquid stevia
- Sugar Twin – brown, white and liquid
- Frozen Berries
- Cold pressed oils – olive, sesame, sunflower
- Coconut oil
- Red wine, white wine and balsamic vinegars
- Soy sauce, fish sauce, Chinese black vinegar, sake, dry sherry
- Cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, cloves
- Coriander seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks
- In the freezer - kaffir lime leaves, galingale, curry leaves
Hope this helps you out,
Last edited by Karen : Tue, Apr-06-04 at 22:18.