Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-25-02, 08:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/175/140
BF:
Progress: 33%
Smile Perservere!

Just wanted to let all you turtles know that you just have to hang in there when you reach a plateau! I have been stalled for three months and really seriously considered giving up. But, because I was feeling good and not hungry, just decided to keep on. Fortunately, I found this forum last week and realized a lot of things I was doing wrong, i.e. not consuming enough calories. I was feeling pretty smug about keeping my carb count and calorie count lower than what Atkins specified. After reading so many comments, last week I upped my counts and low and behold, to my great surprise, the scales showed a 3 1/2 loss this week. I really couldn't believe, so of course had to triple check the scales!!
Keep the faith!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-25-02, 08:19

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

whoo hoo! I'm so proud of you for sticking with it, despite no loss for that time. The secret to low carb success is what you just did--keep learning, keep tweaking, don't quit in a hissyfit, and the program will work for you!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 09:25

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Meganana.....

You have me really curious about your "location". You are travelling in a motorhome? What part of the world are you in?

Marlaine
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 16:37

BF:
Default Motorhome

Marlene,
Wehave been travelling in our motorhome since last September. We sold our home in Florida and have travelled across the southern border of the US, up the California and Oregon coasts to Victoria, BC, then through Yellowstone National Park, the Grand Tetons and Moab, Utah. We are now in Montrose, CO on our way to Colorado Springs and the Rocky Mountain National Park. From there we are headed to Branson, MO to meet with our 4 children, 11 grandchildren and several friends to celebrate our 50th anniversary. We have talked for years about taking this trip out west and decided that this year would be THE year. It has been really great and we have seen some beautiful sights.
But.... it has been a challenge to diet while travelling. We eat out practically every meal and that, in itself, is a challenge. I have been on Atkins since 1/21 and lost about 20 lbs. Very slowly. I dropped 8-10 lbs in the first 3 weeks and the rest has been like pulling teeth. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sally
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 16:33

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Sally.......

Am I to understand that you do not have a kitchen in the motorhome? No fridge, no stove?

I'm envious of your travels. It's something that I've been wanting to do for a while......ahhhhhhh......maybe one day!

Marlaine
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 11:49

BF:

We have a great kitchen in the motorhome! Three burner stove, large microwave/convection oven and the works, however, it seems like it is more trouble than it's worth to cook. Besides...I figured out that during my 50 yrs of marriage, I had probably cooked about 50,000 meals and I'm tired of it! My email address is fergsal~cs.com. Maybe we should switch our non-low-carb discussions to there!
Sally