Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 11:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/140/117 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Cool Afraid of vacation

Since September I've been chipping away at my weight on various diets. The low carb ones seem to work better for me than the low cal/low fat ones do...but still it's just been sooooo slow!

I was hoping to have all the weight off prior to our leaving on an extended vacation (5 1/2 weeks in Hawaii), but I only have a little over a week to go before we leave.

Although I'm not where I'd like to be...I have lost some weight and am scared to death that it's gonna pile right back on while we're away.

I know myself better than to think that I will remain totally faithful to this Atkins routine while we're away...and with no scale to "keep me honest" every few days or so I'll feel like I'm flying blind.

Any words of encouragement or helpful hints on eating while vacationing would be sorely appreciated.

Thanks guys!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 13:01
Registered Member

Stats: 155/146/140
BF:No Clue
Progress: 60%
Default Buy a scale

If you're going to be there 5 and a half weeks, buy a scale. It's probably worth it. You can leave it or donate it somewhere rather than cary it back if you like. Another option may be to find a gym with a scale. A YMCA, a rec center, or a military gym where you could run in to weigh yourself.

Also I try accepting that you will cheat some but that doesn't have to mean an all out frenzy everyday. You can choose low carb choices at many restaurants.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 13:36
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Pack loads of beef jerky for handy emergency snacks and always have some along. Hawaii is macadamia nut heaven. Load up on them for snacks also. Meat and salads are viable options too. You might also consider CADing for some of the time you're gone. That might keep you and your insulin levels under control. Whatever you do, try to plan your strategies in advance. That way you are in control.

Good luck and enjoy!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 08:11

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 230/136/136 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

my holiday in July was so much easier than I expected. Luckily we were self-catering, but every evening for my dinner out, I ordered salad and nocarbs. My indulgence was an alcoholic drink or 2 each evening.... came back same weight. I did - for the first time ever- find the heat took the edge off my appetite.

most importantly.... have a lovely time!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 08:17
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

That is awesome and you should be proud of your choices!