Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: does a No!! suger,wheat,rice,softdrink,carbs,dairyetc make ur fibro go into REMISSION
YES am pain free 19 23.46%
yes only 50% pain free 29 35.80%
yes only 20% pain free 14 17.28%
NO hasnt done a thing for me still in bad pain 19 23.46%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-06, 15:36
Registered Member

Plan: Fm diet
Stats: 140/140/70 Female 5feet 7ins
BF:
Progress:
Default any fibros out there on a low carb diet

am so happy to find this website i have started a low carb diet only yestoday i have fibromyagia which is a disabling illness and i have heard alot that a certain diet can make fibros go into remission?? (no pain) anyone out there who is at that sage who has fibro and in remission with it please please!! contact me soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hope to hear from my fellow fibros soon
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-17-06, 10:15
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

i take that as a NO!!! LOL
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-06, 11:10

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 258.5/244.5/180 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

My fibro has gone into remission due to a lot of different factors: Vitamin D supplementation has been a big one, as well as magnesium and malic acid supplementation.

i'm not tired anymore and my back only hurts when it gets stiff as compared to all the time. im sleeping better.

life doesnt have to be a chore!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-06, 11:37

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%

I can't give diet credit, because I have been following lc eating for a long time and have had pain the the past three years. Let me tell you that if I stray from the diet and eat high carbs, my pain becomes much worse.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-06, 17:40

Plan: gluten free lc
Stats: 200/130/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 175%

I was benefited in going low carb by finding out that I'm gluten intolerant. I also straightened out my problems with hypoglycemia, GERD, and lost weight. However, after a year of lcing, I stopped losing weight and then later started having health problems. I don't know about all people with fibro, but I suspect it to be true, that the adrenals are involved. A good book is Adrenal Fatigue by Wilson.
So, I still am low carb, especially when compared to the abnormally high carb diet of typical America, but am careful not to go too low. That would be hard on my adrenals which are hopefully healing now.
I highly recommend the book From Fatigued to Fantastic.
I eat lots of vegetables and salads, a sufficient amount of meat and healthy fat, and avoid sugar, transfat and high-sugar fruit. I do eat some berries every day. I have about 1/4 cup quinoa or rice everyday.
Everybody's different, so I don't doubt that some with FM do fine with very low carb, but if you start having trouble after awhile, my advice is to raise the carb levers (I've heard 50g minimum or something like that).
I also take malic acid, with tons of other supplements.
Wish you success and health!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-27-06, 12:54
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

hello thanks for your reply which supplements do you take?
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-29-06, 07:07

Plan: gluten free lc
Stats: 200/130/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 175%

Which ones don't I take would be easier.
I take Endfatigue's Daily enfusion, which has a wide variety of vit, min. and other things fibros need, including Malic Acid, which I add to, and also glycine, which I also take more of. I take lots of magnesium, CoQ10, extra vit. D, and extra Vit. C. I'm sure there's more.
At night I take a mix of herbs from the health food store that promote sleepiness.
I'm under a doctor's care and he's treating the insomnia with prescription drugs. The idea is that if you don't sleep, you don't heal. This doctor specializes in CFIDS and FM and his protocol is Sleep, hormonal balance, Infection, and nutrition. He also works with the pain issue. This protocol is called Teitelbaum's protocol. Dr. Teitelbaum also has FM and has made it his specialty and trains other doctors. I'm really glad I found one in my area. You can read about it in the book From Fatigue to Fantastic.
Now, the latest findings seem to indicate that the problem with Fibros is that their hypothalamus stays suppressed after illness, or other trauma, unlike others whose hypothalamus goes back to normal afterwards. Since it's a master gland, it affects the entire body, especially the thyroid and adrenal glands which become fatigued. Another good book which can help understand and work with this problem is Adrenal Fatigue, 21st Century Stress Syndrome.
I also found a good acupuncturist which has helped with the pain issue.
I'm still looking for a good massage therapist who understands FM.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-30-06, 05:22
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

YOur every lucky!!!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-06, 08:19
Elevator, Going Down

Plan: Natalia Rose Detox
Stats: 264/241/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Dr T's notes on vitamins are here

also his website

I've ordered his latest book and hope to use vitamin therapy for me and my daughter before seriously trying the guai. Also I recommend looking at swansonvitamins website if you are in North America.

I was looking around last night and every product I use, vitamins, soaps, shampoos, everything! will interfere with it as I understand it. And my essential oils that I love so much.

So I am going to start with some viatmins, stretching, getting good sleep, and stress reduction... and then if I need to do some guai I will...

But everyone is different!!

Last edited by miristar : Thu, Jun-08-06 at 08:45. Reason: more info
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-05-06, 19:25
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 162/156/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress:

I noticed my fibro symptons went away on a low carb diet. I went off the diet, symptons came back. Upon more research I believe a lot of people diagnosed with fibro actually have Candida. The reason I looked further was because I was losing weight, felt great, no fibro but I had this belly that wouldn't go away and I still felt weary on rainy days. Candida is an overgrowth of yeast in the body and causes the same symptons as fibro.
Check into it, it could help.

Bump
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 10:36

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 200/199/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF: A lot!
Progress: 1%
Default LC and FMS

Just going to chime in.. I have been on a LC WOE for a while now and I I started LC before I knew I had Fibro. BUT I did know I had mild Fibro symptoms which mostly went away after I started LC. I feel a lot better but I still have flairs and such which are probably due to other pain issues I have. I will say a LC life greatly helped!

Cocoa
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 12:59
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Something to try for those of you in Fibro Pain......Cut out any food containing yeast, splenda, mold or any food that is aged (cheddar cheese, mushrooms, etc...) on top of your low-carb diet. It's not easy at first.
If your fibro problem is yeast related...your symptoms will just about COMPLETELY disappear.
Also take acidophyllis and oil extracts that kill fungi like Oil of Oregano or Grapefruit seed extract
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Aug-08-06, 13:28

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 200/199/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF: A lot!
Progress: 1%

good to know.. Thank you!
Cocoa
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Aug-22-06, 12:13
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 255/237/179 Female 5'9
BF:2 much
Progress: 24%

I just started South Beach five weeks ago. I have to say that I am having the opposite reaction. My fibro had been pretty good but in the last two weeks it has been pretty bad. I was just chucking this up to timing.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 16:35
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiepez
I just started South Beach five weeks ago. I have to say that I am having the opposite reaction. My fibro had been pretty good but in the last two weeks it has been pretty bad. I was just chucking this up to timing.

Believe it or not if you have a yeast problem your fibro may get worse at first because the yeast is dying off. Check "Candida" web sites and you will get a lot of information. Hope this helps....it sure changed my life!!