Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Mon, Oct-09-17, 04:03
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Monday, 9 October 2017

Happy Monday, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

"No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch!"
~ unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
I am having laptop troubles. It is slowly dying on me bit by bit and it is locking up etc. My brother is coming down in later Oct. and he is the computer wiz so he will run over it and clean it up and more. Then I can get an idea if it is software troubles or is it really hardware issues cause this laptop is older than the hills itself but heck it keeps working tho
Imma so glad you POSTED! Was starting to get worried!

Sorry to hear that you are having 'puter problems! I HATE when that happens!

I know how much you hate to have to get a new 'puter, but if it's older than the hills, it's probably giving you issues b/c of the older software etc... I hate to upgrade too but sometimes we don't have any other options!
Quote:
nothing much more to report but me posting might be sporadic due to the laptop right now and I hate using kiddo's laptop, it just ain't like mine. I get a feel for it and love mine, I hate using hers LOL

Hubby wants new laptop for Xmas cause he hates this old one and I will get him one and use it as my backup or I might bite the bullet to get me a new one but waiting on what my bro does to this one.
At least we know that if you don't post it's b/c of that laptop!

Sounds like you've got a plan if you need to replace it. Nice that your bro is a 'puter expert!
Quote:
You know it is funny, I LIKE my older things. I don't like to replace things as much anymore. Like my older SUV and my old laptop and even my old fav clothes and such....just me I guess
Naw, nothing wrong with that... there's lots of comfort in the stuff we've "broken-in" and what we're used to!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Just finished my things to do list! I thought I had tomorrow off but markets are opened! Bummer.
Awwww big-azz BUMMER for reals b/c I thought you had today off too!
Quote:
Jo... you have a very busy October coming up st school! Lots of meetings activities and trying to get the teaching in! You definitely never bored!
I ain't got time for BORED, it's not even in my vocabulary!

Holy Hannah, October will be over before we know it! Than I forgot to mention the wedding Imma going to out of town weekend after next... Imma taking the following Monday off, so that's only a 3-day instructional week for me!

De:
Hope you are doing well! I sure do miss your posts!
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Mon, Oct-09-17, 04:07
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Looks like you and I cross posted, Karen!

Quote:
Yea computer is fine today? No clue on this? It might be internet interruptions. I lost my tv last night and after messing with the modem etc I got it working and all seems ok....huh I don't know!! but computer seems to be working like it always has so who knows right now ugh
Maybe it just was your internet connection...I'd still let your bro look it over, etc...
Quote:
Nothing much happening today
I got to clean up the rv for my beach trip. 13-16. Will book my campsite on the beach on Wed after making sure weather is good and it seems it will be.
Run here and there and get a few things done.
Wow, Imma glad you guys are going out next week-end for a beach trip! Hope the weather is spectacular for you!
Quote:
Hubby got no deer this time but he has alot of hunt time left.
Next time then!

Hey is your DD off today??
  #108   ^
Old Mon, Oct-09-17, 06:02

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

yea JO it might be the internet cause my tv was lagging a few days now, not alot, not enough for concern etc. and that might be why the laptop was locking up and more....huh? Well ya know I hope it is all over now LOL

Kiddo has school today

Hey for you....have you put any thought into retirement or plans how to move forward? just curious

oh crap, my laptop just starting dimming its light on the screen and now it is back??? ut oh don't like that one bit...hmmm...geez I say it is ok and then this?? heaven help me on this one

luckily I have all key passwords and sites etc written down so I could set up a new laptop very fast if needed ugh

ok off to get moving. icky day here and I am moving slow but I gotta get in gear and get'er done faster than slower now.
  #109   ^
Old Mon, Oct-09-17, 15:02

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Happy Columbus Day!

High 70’s here so off to
Parks with grandkiddies!

Jo... the wedding sounds fun enjoy!
Karen... I hate when the computer or internet act up. So frustrating!
De... hope you are doing okay!
Have A marvelous Monday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #110   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-17, 04:47
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Tuesday, 10 September 2017

Happy Tuesday, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally terrific Tuesday in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Wow it's gonna be a fast week of school since we only have 4 instructional days... gosh the days fly by über fast as it is!

Had a very productive/chil-laxing w/e. Dreaded "to-do" list finished in record time then for the chil-laxing part, I finished another baby sweater and more than 1/2 way done with another as I pedaled my azz... Yeah, I find pedalin' and knittin' chil-laxing!

I'll take pics and share later!

Anyhoo...I thought I'd share this from my journal post this morning:

Weekly Maintenance Update: 3 years, 7 months, 3 weeks and counting...

Wt = 114 lbs!

It's amazing how effortless maintenance has been for me lately. I am truly grateful/thankful for that! No cravings or temptations for anything. Sure makes staying 100% OP every.single day a breeze.

I still weigh/measure everything I eat b/c I KNOW that's been one of the keys of being über successful this time around. I continue all the routines that helped me lose the weight in the first place. Nothing has changed or will change in that department since I am in complete control of what I eat. And I promise myself that I will stay 100% OP today and let tomorrow take care of itself!

I have failed too many times in the past b/c I would start loosening the reins a bit since I felt like I deserved to reward myself for being so GOOD at sticking to the PLAN!

Reward myself with BAD food aka those horribly addictive, insidiously toxic, poisonous killer carb-age foods, how INSANE is that???

Yeah, I'd have a cheat meal, which would turn into a cheat day, a cheat week, a cheat month...Rinse, repeat recycle and back to that yo-yo dieting crap!

But NOT this time!

Rewarding myself by eating carb-age really made no sense b/c eating off-plan meant those cravings would return with a vengeance as well as the weight! Gosh, it was UNBELIEVEABLE how quickly the pounds would pile on. And I’d be recycling the same lbs over and over and over again. Not only that, but it took me weeks to get the cravings out of my head!

It’s so NOT worth eating anything off-plan b/c of the consequences (cravings & weight gain). Yeah, Imma pathetically slow learner in that department.

It really has taken me decades of yo-yo LC dieting to finally internalize the basic fact that CHEATING gets me NO WHERE fast. Much like the little hamster in that hamster wheel...

This is so true: "Each day lost from off-plan eating is another day added to an already long journey!"

I finally totally get that!

And I've worked too freakin' HARD to get where I am NOW. I love being a normal size; NEVER having to shop in the women's/plus sizes ever AGAIN!!! Size 1or 2 sure beats my previous size 26 any flippin' day of the week!

I know I am in much better HEALTH now than I've even been any time in my adult life and that's so important to me. Like I've said before, Imma goin' kickin' and screamin' into my 60s (I’ll be 60 in 18 months ~ WOW-zer!), 70s and beyond in the best physical and mental health possible and it’s all up to ME!

My life and soul changing journey continues...

The only thing standing between who you ARE & who you want to BE is what you DO!

~ unknown

Karen:
Quote:
yea JO it might be the internet cause my tv was lagging a few days now, not alot, not enough for concern etc. and that might be why the laptop was locking up and more....huh? Well ya know I hope it is all over now LOL
Is the internet that only thing you use your 'puter for?
Quote:
Kiddo has school today
She's gonna have a short week too since you're taking her out on Friday & next Monday for your beach trip!
Quote:
....have you put any thought into retirement or plans how to move forward? just curious
I know what my retirement plans are at least for now. Sale my house and move to Phnx to be with my girls. The "when" of that plan has not been decided.

Imma still having too much fun teaching... I guess when I've had my fill of the none-teaching bullshit (aka insane paperwork) and my idiotic principal is when I'll put in my walking papers... seriously have no idea when that will be!
Quote:
oh crap, my laptop just starting dimming its light on the screen and now it is back??? ut oh don't like that one bit...hmmm...geez I say it is ok and then this?? heaven help me on this one

luckily I have all key passwords and sites etc written down so I could set up a new laptop very fast if needed ugh
That's always a good idea with writing down the passwords and sites! Looks like you've prepared yourself for a new laptop!

Berni:
Quote:
High 70’s here so off to
Parks with grandkiddies!
Park + grands = FUN FUN FUN!

It was mid/high 70s here too yesterday! Imma so ready for our Fall-ish weather!

"They" are predicting mid-60s today here and mid-70s the rest of the week! I hope so!
Quote:
Jo... the wedding sounds fun enjoy!
Thanks! I know it will be über fun!

Last edited by Just Jo : Tue, Oct-10-17 at 04:50. Reason: Option F: Fixin' Flippin' typos ~ as usual! Pfffffffffft!
  #111   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-17, 06:13

BF:

HI Bernie, you said it on when computers act up ya go bonkers
Hope you had a great day with the kiddies!!
Our weather is icky, cloudy, rainy and just plain suks Hope you had a nice sunny day out!

JO, luckily she is straight A kiddo and does so well in school so easily so the days off won't be trouble for her. leave early friday morn and come home early as we can on monday so she has down time for school Tues We normally would hang alot of the last day but I think this time we will push home faster cause she loves her relax time and if I push her too long after this trip I will hear the 'I am too tired/sicky for school' on Tues and I ain't hearing it LOL

OH...I thought you had a definite date for retirement set now.
You are still working til ya get sick of it then pull the plug...gotcha ya!

HI ALL
computer seems fine again
who knows and who cares HA

Icky day out. Today is dog groomed at 9
have to hit a store fast for a few things for this trip.
have to get the RV fridge on today to cool down.
have to clean a little bit more in the RV and ready to go.

usual stuff here
planning on finding me some nice seafood at the beach, can not wait. missing my last beach trip was a killer, I SO can't wait to go now! Weather seems ok...alot of clouds with sun and possible pop up storm but looks like a go for us.

great day all
  #112   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-17, 09:02

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good morning...

How's everyone doing? I have a little cold or allergy. Lots of sneezing, eyes watering, runny nose. Hope it doesn't last long. We are going on vacation next week. Staying at a beach house and I hope we get some decent weather!

I think this will be a chill out day. Coffee and a good book day.

Warrior on and have a great day!
  #113   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-17, 15:18

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

It is cold and rainy day today compared to how nice it was yesterday!

De.... feel better
Karen.... your beach trip sounds fabulous!
Jo... fantastic adventures every day at school truly living the dream job!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #114   ^
Old Wed, Oct-11-17, 05:29
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Wednesday, 11 October 2017

Happy HUMP Day, WARRIORS!

Woot! Woot! All the Warriors posted yesterday! Right On!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Something I was thinking about this morning and wrote in my journal...

I've heard some people say that they don't want their d.i.e.t to be all consuming... having to weigh/measure everything they eat. It’s too much work... They want it to be easy, effortless...

But nothing worth really having is ever EASY!

For me, being FAT was all-consuming! I hated being FAT, loath myself for being FAT b/c I could control everything except for my eating.

Being a carb addict meant that the more carbs I ate, the more I wanted to eat and the cycle continued for decades with a few blips where I did lose a lot of weight and then I'd be back to eating those carbs again & up went the weight. Pfffffffffffft!

Until I said enough is enough! I had to break the hold that carbs had in my life b/c they were keeping me FAT, miserable & unhealthy!

I knew I had the power to change that by simply staying 100% OP every.single.day no matter what! I was/am solely responsible for what I eat, why NOT eat what will keep me healthy??

I felt that time was running out especially since I was getting older and I didn't want age + being morbidly obese to ruin the chances of me being in the best health possible.

I didn't and still don't want to be one of those fat old women, that can barely walk and take care of themselves, depending on handfuls of medication thru out the day to prolong their lives.

I want the best quality of life possible and the only way to have that is to continue what I am doing day in and day out: Eat properly and exercising daily!

Life's too short to waste it being FAT, miserable and unhealthy!

That's my story and Imma stickin' to it!

SUCCESS is the sum of SMALL EFFORTS repeated day in & day out!
~ Robert Collier

Karen:
Quote:
JO, luckily she is straight A kiddo and does so well in school so easily so the days off won't be trouble for her. leave early friday morn and come home early as we can on monday so she has down time for school Tues We normally would hang alot of the last day but I think this time we will push home faster cause she loves her relax time and if I push her too long after this trip I will hear the 'I am too tired/sicky for school' on Tues and I ain't hearing it LOL
You're lucky she's so smart and missing a few days of school won't affect her either way!
Quote:
OH...I thought you had a definite date for retirement set now.
You are still working til ya get sick of it then pull the plug...gotcha ya!
EXACTLY!

Oh hell Karen, if I had an exact date for retirement, I'd be counting down the days in here!
Quote:
computer seems fine again
who knows and who cares HA
Technology is like that esp since there are many variables like internet connection, site connection etc...

We're just GLAD that your 'puter is up and running and you are able to POST in here!
Quote:
Icky day out. Today is dog groomed at 9
have to hit a store fast for a few things for this trip.
have to get the RV fridge on today to cool down.
have to clean a little bit more in the RV and ready to go.
Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday!
Quote:
planning on finding me some nice seafood at the beach, can not wait. missing my last beach trip was a killer, I SO can't wait to go now! Weather seems ok...alot of clouds with sun and possible pop up storm but looks like a go for us.
Yummers on the nice seafood! Eat a couple of bites for me!

I seafood!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I have a little cold or allergy. Lots of sneezing, eyes watering, runny nose. Hope it doesn't last long.
Hope you feel better soon!

I've got a cold too but not sick enough to stay home!
Quote:
We are going on vacation next week. Staying at a beach house and I hope we get some decent weather!
Sounds like fun! How long you gonna be gone? Are you guys gonna be house hunting as well this trip?
Quote:
I think this will be a chill out day. Coffee and a good book day.
Whatcha reading??

Berni:
Quote:
It is cold and rainy day today compared to how nice it was yesterday!
It was cold here too yesterday, but not rainy.... We didn't even make it to 70! Supposed to be mid-70s today and then up to low 80s the rest of the week....temps are dropping to the low 40s at night...
Quote:
Jo... fantastic adventures every day at school truly living the dream job!
The school days go by so fast, it's kinda scary crazy but in a good way! Hard to believe it's already Wednesday! WOW!
  #115   ^
Old Wed, Oct-11-17, 05:42

BF:

JO SO TRUE you would be counting down those days on the thread for your retirement You had me laughing there cause I can picture your elaborate countdown in your siggy

Humpfree! onto the weekend now!!

Bernie, yea we have been rainy icky for like a week now. crazy here. stinks
And high humidity...omg ya melt outside now. today is like 87 and just so humid one can't stand it, well I can't

DE, hope the beach trip is fun and you guys have great weather.
I also am living with the watering eyes and stuff face. for me sinus/allergy. If a cold you will get over it fast, but if allergy type it might just hang on with ya for a while. Mine does. I go thru entire seasons with leaking eyes
oh well......

HI ALL
Kiddo off to Renaissance Fair trip today at school. Hope weather holds for her but so humid/hot outside it is crazy. No sun, just clouds but at 87 I hope she dosen't melt too much

Got some things to handle as usual.

nothing much doing, just kinda getting thru days here to get on my beach trip and get away!!

great day everyone!!
  #116   ^
Old Thu, Oct-12-17, 03:15
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Talking Thursday, 12 October 2017

Happy Friday Eve, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally wondrous Thursday! Wow the w/e is almost here!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Is it just me or does the forum, in general, seem to be less active than usual? I wonder what that's all about...

Imma just grateful that we have our lil corner of this place where we can post about being HC A '72 Warriors!

Anyhoo...

MOTIVATION is what gets you STARTED ~ HABIT is what keeps you GOING!
~ unknown

Karen:
Quote:
JO SO TRUE you would be counting down those days on the thread for your retirement You had me laughing there cause I can picture your elaborate countdown in your siggy
Exactly!

But seriously, I might get a wild hair up my azz b/c of some stupidity generated by the principal and hand in my retirement papers any TIME!

I have 30 days sick leave I need to use up or lose. So I'd have to factor those days in too, take 'em as leave. KWIM? B/c I ain't giving the district NOTHING. They will only buy back 30 days at a measly $50 a day...
Pffffffffffffffft!
Quote:
Humpfree! onto the weekend now!!
Oh yeah and you're gonna be frolicking on the beach TOMORROW, lucky duck!!!!

I sincerely hope your weather is spectacular for your much deserved beach adventure!

Berni & De: Hope you two are doing well and have plans to just chil-lax this coming w/e!
  #117   ^
Old Thu, Oct-12-17, 04:47

BF:

yes JO those 30 days you earned rightly so you best take them, if ya don't I will come boot ya in the butt It is also nice when you have that luxury of leaving when you decide!

HI GUYS
usual. packing for trip tomorrow. will leave early.
have to run to the accountant today and some other stuff...bleck
we finally got some sun here such a nice relief from a whole week of rain!

everyone have a fine day!
  #118   ^
Old Thu, Oct-12-17, 16:16

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Quick drive by to say hi!

Karen.... Have a great trip this weekend!

Hello dear jo!

Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #119   ^
Old Fri, Oct-13-17, 03:51
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Friday, 13 October 2017

Happy Friday the 13th, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Wow the school week is, for all intent and purposes, fini! Classes are rockin' and rollin' along and not just my guitar classes!

Hard to believe that quarter 1 is finished today... time really flies when you're havin' fun... well at least I am! It will be Winter Break in no time flat!

“The difference between successful and unsuccessful people is that successful people are willing to do what the unsuccessful people are NOT.”
~ unknown

Karen:
Quote:
yes JO those 30 days you earned rightly so you best take them, if ya don't I will come boot ya in the butt
Oh no need to give me an azz kickin', Karen b/c I earned 'em and I'll take 'em!
Quote:
It is also nice when you have that luxury of leaving when you decide!
That's been the game changer this year for sure! Knowing that if the BS level gets to be too much, I can say "screw this" and retire!

Imma truly sitting 'perty" in the catbird seat (love that idiom)!
Quote:
packing for trip tomorrow. will leave early.
have to run to the accountant today and some other stuff...bleck
we finally got some sun here such a nice relief from a whole week of rain!
Wishing you much and fun at the beach! Safe travels to and from, girlie!

I suppose we won't hear from you again until Tuesday b/c I know you stay completely off the technology grid when you're on your adventures!

Berni:
Quote:
Quick drive by to say hi!
Hiya girlie! Glad you dropped in even if it was a "quickie"!

Hope you get a chance to really chil-lax and take care of YOU this w/e!
  #120   ^
Old Fri, Oct-13-17, 04:41

BF:

HI GUYS!!

yea JO I go off grid. I mean kiddo brings her laptop and tablet and all but I don't use them to check in or anything.

I just drop ALL when I go on my trips. I change up every routine I have and just relax and unplug

Off in a bit to the beach and I will be back on Tues to post again!

Everyone be good and have a great day!! Warrior Style! You know I have my meats packed and ready to go