Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 10:16
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Totally Frustrated

Hello All:

Before I started low carbing, I was put on a Candida diet by my doctor to deal with all kinds of symptoms from chemical sensitivity to brain dysfunction. My health really improved but I found that I was constantly hungry and began having hypoglycemia, which became noticeable after I stopped my sugar addiction.

After 6 months on the candida diet, I switched over to the low-carb diet to control my hypoglycemia. Now looking back on things, I've realized that my sugar cravings have been really bad doing low-carb, whereas on the candida diet, I never had sugar cravings. I can only guess that it's the dairy products I've been eating on the LC WOE.

Well, I've gained about 10 pounds over the last month, which is not a horrible thing since I'm not overweight (worse things could happen). However, I feel like I did when I had candida - like I'm being controlled by what it wants. I feel totally out of control and my health problems are coming back with a vengeance.

I guess my only choice is to go on a low-carb candida diet. I am totally depressed. All my candida books are higher carb and there are no books out there that specifically provide recipes for low-carb candida diets. This makes it even more frustrating for me. I was plagued by boredom on the original candida diet and I can now foresee an even worse problem on a low-carb candida diet.

The closest I can find is the paleolithic diet, but it allows fruit, nuts, and bacon. Yes, the other problem is actually finding a candida diet where everyone actually agrees on what you can eat. I recently read you could eat mozarella and cream cheeses. That was a first. I've read several books, but never came across them as allowable foods.

It would be nice to find one resource I could use for a cookbook, but that won't happen. It would really be awesome to have a section for low-carb candida recipes in the recipe section of this forum, but I guess there wouldn't be much of a demand for them.

I'm probably just venting mostly, but if anyone has any good recipes for sauces, it would really be appreciated. I'm not a great meat eater, so I like to have sauces to cover the taste.

Thanks for listening,
Wanda
Sponsored Links