Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-18-15, 14:06

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Cherry

Cherries,
They are in season and I have passed them up several times but this time when the tropical storm was coming I bought a pound.

I hope I don't set anybody off but they are so ripe and juicy and I've had 4-5 the last couple of days.

This is the second time in a year and a half that I've had a fruit. First time a few months ago was a fresh orange from my backyard that I juiced.

Well, when these are gone, they're gone....If I don't throw away the rest first...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-27-15, 21:43

Plan: Banting
Stats: 150/132/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

ooh man, cherries are the one fruit that I just get out of control with. I'll eat them until I get gassy and sick! Since I eat a bit higher carb, I don't see any issue with having a few, it's just that if I buy one of those handy bags, I'll probably eat almost all of it. Buying a few by the pound works a lot better. Apparently they have about 1g of carbs per cherry, a handy guide.

At my old house, I had a large cherry tree in the back yard. I used to come home from work every day and pick cherries and eat them until I got sick. Maybe if they were available all year round they wouldn't be so irresistible?!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-28-15, 16:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 00
BF:
Progress:

I think cherries are one of the lower-carb fruits. MDA had some posts about ranking fruits for nutritional benefits vs. amount of carbs/sugar, I think cherries were close to berries.

I like them too, but have passed them up so far this season in favor of local strawberries.

Instead of eating them plain, try with some full-fat dairy -- cream cheese, yogurt, even on a cheese tray.

I did something dumb a few years ago -- wanted to cook chicken with fresh cherries, but used the whole cherries. Served chicken hot from the oven and guess what? Pops of boiling-hot cherry juice when we bit into them! It was like that crepe scene from Seinfeld.