Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-18, 21:27

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Busy day. Getting ready for a yard sale with my DDIL and her sister. Means I have to haul my junk over to their house. I need to clear out my garage, it’s full of stuff we don’t need or use. Not looking forward to this. Will be glad to get rid of some of our gently used items that someone else can use....

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-18, 23:18

BF:

I am attempting to post a picture. This is my cold brew coffee. Now that it’s getting warm out, I need my iced coffee!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 533B31FD-23A4-4016-ACED-7724B41B6F14.jpeg (24.5 KB, 10 views)
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-18, 19:24

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello Everyone!

De - I saw your photo I have never had ice coffee. Do you drink it black?

Well, today I had an official weigh-in at the doctor's and I am officially 202.5 lbs. I am SO CLOSE to Onederland. When I said that to the nurse she had no idea what I was talking about.

I have been so ultra busy, and I hope I can get a little me-time this weekend. My tooth has been repaired (somewhat). It is a temporary fix, and I really would need the bridge replaced, but I don't have the money for that! This will have to do until I win the lottery... (I only experience vertigo when I lie down or sit up from lying down. It is a crazy spinning sensation. I developed it about 2 weeks ago). Arg! Getting old!

Today I had 2 pieces of fried cod! I know, I know...I was bad. Now it will take me a couple days to get the ketosis back. But Ed wanted to go out for fish and this bar did not have baked fish. So I just ate it and I am not going to beat myself up about it. To make up for it, I have not had anything else today but coffee and a small slice of cheese. Oh well.

It was cold today, high of 47˚, but we are heading to warm weather this next week, so I won't feel so left out after reading about all your hot days! I am looking forward to summer!

You all have a great weekend!
  #94   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-18, 21:56

BF:

It’s Friday night! Long day starting early this morning with a yard sale. I’m tired. Yard sales are a lot of work for little money, but it helps to get some cash for items I don’t want or use anymore. It gets stuff out of my house and into someone else’s home, kind of recycling instead of just tossing things out. I also donate a lot of stuff every year.

Paulette, I usually drink my iced coffee black, but sometimes I add a little half and half. Congrats on your official weight and being so close to onederland! It’s surprising the nurse never heard of onderland, I thought it was a well known term!

There’s another day of yard sale tomorrow, I can’t wait to get this over with!
  #95   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-18, 09:01

BF:

Good morning everyone! Great news - no weight change since yesterday.

Today will be cool and sunny so I must get out to do some garden work. Laying paver stones around the borders today. So far no design work to do, so I can spend time outside.

I will be a good dieter today. I promise. I am having my coffee now, then I will have some turkey breast for lunch, and possibly again for dinner along with some asparagus.

So you all have a great day! I hope they are all sunny and warm.
  #96   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-18, 12:59

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello everyone!

So glad to hear no scale change Paulette! I luv Wisconsin baked fish fry! I could eat it every day! Great weight at doctors so happy for you!
De, I don’t like yard sales either. We have an annual one here in the subdivision. Since I am a minimalist I don’t have extra stuff any more . When I do it goes to the veterans or women’s shelter!
Everyone’s day sounds great! It is sunny but cold here in Illinois. I did the trails with Magnum working on my things to do!
Have a spectacular Saturday and take care of yourself!
  #97   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-18, 14:18

BF:
Thumbs down

Yay yard sale is done. O m g I hate them, lol I would not have one on my own but I promised my DDIL I would help her with one. I made a whole $80. but at least some of my stuff found new homes and it was fun chatting with some of the people! I’d like to say I will never do another yard sale, but I probably will!!! The hardest part is loading all that crap into my car and taking it to their house, then returning with stuff that didn’t sell and unloading it. We can’t have them at my house because we are in a gated community.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
  #98   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-18, 16:56

BF:

Hello Everyone!

What's up? I hope everyone is having a fine day.

De - glad to hear your sale is over and done with. I had a yard sale once and I agree - too much work for only a few dollars! I s'pose if I had a ton of bigger things worth more money it may be worth it, but I don't.

I was able to get outside for most of the day. My new gardens are coming along little by little. Lots of work!

I did not weigh today. I used to be so obsessed with weighing myself. Now I try to remember to do it in the morning! As long as I am good with my eating, I know the weight will come off slowly. I have been doing this dieting thing for so long now that it is just a way of life now, and I am no longer thrilled with the suspense of it all. That sounds weird, but it is true!

So tomorrow I may remember to weigh myself.

I hope you all have a good night!
  #99   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-18, 17:24

BF:

Hello All & Happy Sunday!

I grilled a turkey breast and some veggies, so good. We will eat the leftover tomorrow.

I don’t obsess over weighing. I don’t do daily weighs, more like weekly. That seems to work best for me as I don’t really lose, as much as I’d like to, I can’t see it happening unless I fast and I don’t feel like fasting, except for intermittent.

We got rid of our old tv, I was oh so happy to see it go. Plus a couple of other large items like a toddler bed and a lawn mower. Didn’t get much for anything, felt more like donations, but things went to new homes that others can use. So, it’s all good! I made some people happy to get some good stuff VERY CHEAP!
  #100   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-18, 12:12

BF:

Monday, Monday

Hello Atkins followers!

I just returned from my 90 minutes working out at the gym. Feeling a little sore and tired, but I feel better after...plus I don’t feel hungry for awhile either

Later today will be turkey and veggies leftover from yesterday. This morning just my coffee.

Need to get some housework done today, once that is done maybe a walk. It’s a really nice day out and not too hot. A little breeze.

#101   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-18, 14:15

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello all,

De yummy menu today! I glad you are enjoying the gym. And a walk today too awesome 😎!

It is 77 here and I don’t have the grandkiddies so me and Magnum hit the trails!
Seen my doctor today finally going to do advanced lipid profile to see if I have the big fluffy LDL or the small marshmallows bad LDL!
Also wants me to take CoQ10. Do you take that?
Have a marvelous Monday and take care of yourself!
  #102   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-18, 15:49

BF:

Berni ...

Sounds like a nice day there! We are at 75 today! It’s nice with a cool breeze. 😎
It’s suppose to be cloudy tomorrow, maybe we’ll see some rain.

Yes, I have been taking CoQ10 since I started taking statins. I have mentioned before that anyone taking statins should take it. I take 300 mg with my statin and another 200 mg at night.

I am hoping that all this exercising at the gym will help lower my bad LDL cholesterol.

Take Care!!
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-18, 17:20

BF:

Hello Everyone! My weight has remained stable again. Hoping for another loss one of these days! I had a goal date of June 5th to reach Onederland, so I have over a month to lose 3 lbs. I think I can meet that goal.

Bernie - I hope you have the big fluffys! I never had the detailed test. My doctor sees no need for it. hmmm

It was also a beautiful 77˚ day here, too! I was out all day planting things and digging in the dirt.

We went to the local Mexican place here for dinner. I got the Carne Asada, grilled beef strips with onions and grilled jalapenos. Lots of leftovers. I give the beans, rice and tortillas to Ed. He makes tacos from them. So tomorrow's food is all set for both of us.

There may be storms around here the next couple days, so no dirt digging for me. Unless I want to wallow in the mud like a pig!

I hope more people decide to join in and share their low carb days with us. I like hearing what we are all eating and doing for exercise.

You all have a good night!
  #104   ^
Old Tue, May-01-18, 17:45

BF:

Busy day with my granddaughter today.

It’s been raining off and on today, I think there’s more rain forecast for tomorrow too! Just when I thought it was time to put the long pants away.

Tonight we are having beef and broccoli. My first meal was eggs, turkey sausage and peppers.

Hope everyone had a nice Tuesday
  #105   ^
Old Tue, May-01-18, 19:12

BF:

Hello Everyone!

Today it was supposed to rain, but it was sunny all day. I got a lot of garden work done.

I was able to get some sale lettuce greens today, so I had a baby romaine salad with deli ham and parmesan. It was very good! I was jonesing for a salad for some time now.

Dinner will be yogurt with protein powder for me as I don't have time to make anything else.

No weigh in for me today, either. Maybe tomorrow. It is supposed to rain one of these days.

You all have great night!