Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#136   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 11:02
Contrarian

Plan: Atkins/Controlled Carb
Stats: 275/190/190 Female 72
BF:Not a clue!
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinB
During a quick scan today at a thread called "Painful Revelations," I see that we (and other boards) are being compared unfavorably to *terrorists* and said to be so idle we are the "devil's workshop."

The concensus remains that the diet is working for them so they just don't care if Kimmer is a real person or not.

That cracks me up.....sorry to say.....but anyone with concern or a dissenting voice is a "hater" and likened to a terrorist? And so idle they're playing with the devil too? Good grief - they say we need to get a life?
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 11:28
~writes for Him~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/120/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Thought I should clarify--this site was not specifically named as the major "hater" board, but other sites were implied and there was a lot of mention of all the new "anti" blogs popping up, plus mention of Jimmy's blog.

The terrorist and devil's workshop comments are still posted there, I just checked.
  #138   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 11:29
~writes for Him~

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganMac
Mmmhmmm.

"We are right! They are wrong! They are weak! We are strong!" Are they chanting this yet or what? lol

Apparently Kimmer's disdain for negativity only applies in relation to herself?

Pretty much.
  #139   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 11:36
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I hate to say it, but if this "Kimmer" has really been following her very low calorie plan for years, she could be dead by now, and have been replaced by someone else. Maybe that's why she refuses to appear in public.
  #140   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 11:58
Great seller! A+++++

Plan: mine
Stats: 123/456/789 Female 2'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Mike-- you should submit your experience to this blog. http://kimkinssurvivors.wordpress.com/ It's been all womenfolk until now.
  #141   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 12:43

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisal
I hate to say it, but if this "Kimmer" has really been following her very low calorie plan for years, she could be dead by now, and have been replaced by someone else. Maybe that's why she refuses to appear in public.

It's the dread pirate Kimmer!
  #142   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 14:19
~writes for Him~

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cori
It's the dread pirate Kimmer!

#143   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 15:37

Plan: My own
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5' 1 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisal

Like Lassie... Just keep replacing and replacing...
  #144   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 16:29
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolism Miracle
Stats: 264/231/199 Female 72
BF:Lots/Lots/Some
Progress: 51%
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Kiki
Like Lassie... Just keep replacing and replacing...

That is so twisted ! Maybe all those questionable pictures of her are clones that didn't quite work..
  #145   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 16:49

Plan: it varies
Stats: 245/134/140 Female 5'3.5"
BF:
Progress: 106%

this thread is taking a weird turn now...

#146   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 16:55
Low-Carb Dharma

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 446.5/434.6/150 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Devil's playground they say? That's intriguing, because just this afternoon I was pondering the possibility that Kimmer is in fact the second horseman of the apocalypse.. aka Famine.. roflmao
  #147   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 19:27
Dazilous

Plan: NeanderkIF
Stats: 140/114/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Samuel it's not the very low carb that's the problem (IMHO)...it's the very low calories, combined with low carb and low fat. Lots of ppl do VLCarb, but they replace carbs with fat.

I think this whole Kimmer thing is weird. Fake pics?? Honestly, what did she think was going to happen? And the reaction of some people is unsettling as well. Fine, the diet is working for them (it's Stillman's and '72 Atkins, after all, for the most part) but they don't care one iota that the woman they paid money to is a big liar? Why such low standards? Why don't they feel they're worth more than that?
  #148   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 19:56

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%

I think part of the reason that folks don't care is because the diet is working and because of the support on the kimkins message board. It's safe in there. You can post a fitday with 300 calories and get cheered on. You can find out which laxative is the best to use for you. It's just strange and odd. But if they come out into the web and say, "Look I lost 20 lbs. this week on 300 calories a day!", normal people will freak out on them. Over on kimkins people read a 300 calorie fitday entry and give the person congratulations in the thread. I saw that today.
  #149   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-07, 11:45

Plan: Atkins fatfast->induction
Stats: 147/145/125 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel
No. Not me. I like eating carbs and cannot stay without them for long! However, I know that if I reduce my net carbs to 7 per day, I can stay easily 2 weeks or more without any bad feeling. My calorie intake would be around 1000 a day naturally without intended reduction and my ability to lift weights would only be reduced slightly.

In the past, when I have been doing high carb, low calorie dieting, reducing my calorie intake to 1000 used to mean hunger and dizziness. My face used to look pale enough to make people think I'm sick and exercising has been impossible.

Dr. Atkins has also mentioned that there is a metabolic advantage in low carb dieting. This meant to him that if 2 persons ate 1000 calories a day for a period of time, one of them ate high carb food and the other ate low carb food during that period, the one who ate low carb food will lose more weight. The important point which I like to make here is that losing more weight means getting more energy from the body fat to perform body functions with which in turn means less risk to the person's health.

When a person eats 1000 calorie a day, he is not disallowing his body from getting all the energy it needs since his body has a mountain of body fat which it can tab into and get all the missing calories. The problem is that for some reason, his body fails to get all the amount it needs from its fat. It only gets a fraction of it leaving him with less energy. Under low carb dieting the amount of energy obtained from body fat is higher, so energy available to perform body functions with is also higher and this means that health risk is less.

Let us now get into the main subject. I know everybody here is mad at the Kimkins diet. They say that Kimkins dieters are told to eat as low as 300 calories a day and exercise on the top of that which is obviously awful. However all I wanted to say is that it's not as deadly as it could have been if they have not been asked to eat very low carb.

I just feel the need to say that I think those three conclusions aren't really right, for a few reasons.

The first two are just iffy, but while we have more steady energy/resources available, and that's good, as you say, the difference and damage to our bodies is not so big or so much due to a lack of energy as a lack of the right types of nutrients and a dangerous balance.

Those aren't a big deal, but the last one -- the idea that a 300 calorie diet is "not as deadly as it could have been if they have not been asked to eat very low carb" -- could cause a dangerous misperception IMO. Because of the dehydration (=loss of critical electrolytes that can cause a person to go into cardiac arrest with very little warning) and the poisoning of the system with nitrogen, 300 low-carb/low fat calories a day is actually much more deadly than 300 high carb calories a day would be.

I'd also say that the fact that a 300 cal/day low-carb/low fat diet is much more dangerous to the extent that the person's inner alarms don't go off. The fact that they aren't as hungry as they should be is actually hazardous. So not "feeling bad" isn't necessarily a good thing.

Last edited by Kaylee : Fri, Aug-03-07 at 11:52.
  #150   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-07, 12:00

Plan: it varies
Stats: 245/134/140 Female 5'3.5"
BF:
Progress: 106%

omg...have y'all seen this? they got trackers on everyone now...talk about invasion of privacy!

www.kimkinssucks.blogspot.com
Closed Thread