Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 07:36

Plan: sommersize
Stats: 255/238/205
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default New to the plan!

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forums and stumbled on low carb eating by accident The reason for the journey is my blood pressure has been slightly high for the last year and my blood sugar although not diabetic are on the high side The good part is I have stated the sommersizing program and some weight training. it has been 2 weeks and I've already lost 5pounds but more importantly my blood pressure has dropped 10 points and my blood sugar is stabilizing to near normal levels!! Wow i'm just charged and can't beleive the differance already! Guess my body from years of abuse can't handle the processed sugars and wheats!! Glad to have found this forum and seems like a good group support system Look forward two talking to you all in the future!

Len
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 09:45

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 160/159/145
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi Len,
Welcome to the Somersizing board. Most people follow the Atkins on the board so this is a slow area, but more the merrier.

I do a bit of combining of plans, I take what I like from one plan and what I like from another and put it all together.

I love SS recipes. And I do have a crab meals once in awhile. But for the most part I follow an atkins/protien power type of diet.

I feel it doesn't matter exactly what LC plan you are following as long as you stick with it.

And for you, you have already started to see results, which will keep you motavated to stick with it.

Weight training is a great way to get into shape, just remember you will be building muscles so the scale might not reflect the fact that your body is still changing. Are you doing cardio too?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 07:48

BF:

Hi Kelly

I'm slowly adding cardio! I jogged to work yesterday but tha t was a bit much so I will do a quick walk and work my self up too it! Best of all now my mood swings are gone! I was sure addicted to sugar! I just have the occassional piece of fruit seems to work and i'm going longer between meals and not craving! This is fantastic Things are looking up!! Ihave not added any carbs other than veggies yet! I may avoid every thing else for a long time except fruit in moderation I like a piece in the aftenoon between meal

Do you find having fruit is a problem in your diet?

Talk to you soon

Len
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 07:57

BF:
Default Hi Len

I usually only have an apple mid way between meals. And that doesn't seem to set me off on a carb craze.
I won't have an apple everyday, but that is my choice of fruit. In the summer I like to have some strawberries or cantelope.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 07:43

BF:

Well down 17 lbs! Can't beleive it in a month!! Does this seem like too much? I sure feel better and energetic!

Kelly I was wondering how you get in your cardio! Like yourself I have two toddlers 3.5 and 2.5 year olds and my wife works in morning and evenings 7 days a week And i'm on straight day shift 10 till 6pm. Do you have any tricks too do it?? exercise bike treadmill? Sure is tough, I am a avid scuba diver but Sunday mornings I find is not enough exercise .

any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Len
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 11:16

BF:

Hi len,
Sometimes getting my workouts in is tough. But right now I have no excuse, my girls are in school, and I am a stay at home mom. So once I get them on the bus, I head to the gym.

But when they are home, and can't go to the gym, I get up early and sneak out for a walk/jog before they get up and hubby goes to work. It isn't easy to do, getting up early, but if I want to do this, then that is when I have to get it.

I also have a few workout videos I use at home....not my favorite thing, but if the weather isn't good or I just can't get to the gym, I will put a video in and workout. I can do this while the kids are home. They like to workout with me too. They think it is alot of fun.

I try not to let life be an excuse for not exercising. If you really want to get into shape, you will find a way to do it.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 11:30

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Welcome!

I was excited to read about your quick loss. Isn't it fun? I had a pretty dramatic loss in my first month as well. Nothing better to convince you that this is a good plan. Not to mention it tastes good!

I'm down exaclty the same amount as you, but it took me a little longer to get there. I wish you continued success!