Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-15-01, 22:44

Plan: Don't know
Stats: 260.2/254.2/150 Female 68in
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Asparatame

Sorry if this is a dead horse... feel free to direct me to another thread. I have read the millage may vary bit about sweetners in the tips though.

Can asparatame stall you even if your induction goes really well?

I use a lot of asparatame, and don't have too many cravings. Not for sweet stuff anyway. I get weird spagetti fantasies once in a while (which is odd because I've probably had it once in 8 months when I wasn't low carbing).

So, any asparatame adicts want to share?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-15-01, 23:48
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Pure Protien bar: 6
44oz diet Pepsi (I'm an addict I know)
44oz water
String cheese 1

11.5oz V8 Picante 14 - 2 fibre = 12
Turkey processed 3
more cheese 2
32oz diet Pepsi
32oz water
sugar free jello
2 russel stover pb cups (either 0 or 8 depending on how you look at it)

I'm going to get real serious and tell you that this is no way to eat if you want to lose weight healthily and be healthy for the long term. There is too little real food in your diet and almost all of it is sweet. It's not only the aspartame that is stalling you.

With addicts, keeping themselves attached in any way to what they are addicted to keeps them in the same condition. In this case, it would be the fat condition.

Dependency upon methadone is substituting one drug for another. Above is a list of low-carb methadone.

Yep, some people lose weight this way, but at what cost? You have to ask yourself if this is the way you want to live for the rest of your life.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 16:37

BF:

That was what I took to work for lunch. I don't really have the oppertunity to cook (I live in someone else's dirty house) and have very little money. My "normal" diet was take out.
I really don't know how to do it any other way. I added the V-8 because I wasn't getting any vegatables at all. I don't know of a non cooking, take your own breakfast/lunch/ and probably even dinner to work way to eat healthy.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 17:29
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I read about your present circumstances in a previous post but if there is a will, there's a way...

Hard cooked eggs, pickled eggs, celery sticks, cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes, cheese, prewashed salad mix with bottled LC dressing, roasted take-out chicken, carb-free deli meats, pull top cans of tuna and salmon, canned sardines, canned asparagus, olives, pork rinds, almonds, macadamia nuts, protein shakes...

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 20:58

BF:

Thanks, I hadn't thought of some of those.

I'm really trying to get off the diet pepsi. I've cut down a lot. I used to drink a gallon at least some days. At least i don't have to worry about my bladder not being able to handle all the water though, eh?